Top 5 Western Movies

Red Falcon

I don't know enough western movies to put my top 5 in, though all of the above examples, except for Wild Wild West sound really good. As for Wild Wild West, if you're going to produce a western flick, leave out the robots, because robots did not exist in the days of the wild west. By the way, Clint Eastwood FTW!!

DeletedUser

Once upon a time in the West

It rocks. If there's anyone out there who hasn't seen it, he should do so asap!

DeletedUser

John Wayne=Greater than Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood is like the omg actor of the wester

John Wayne had his moments, and he did have some great movies, but Clint Eastwood is definitely the better actor...and director...and probably mayor.

The Conqueror completely cancels out John Wayne's better performances!

DeletedUser3717

John Wayne had his moments, and he did have some great movies, but Clint Eastwood is definitely the better actor...and director...and probably mayor.

The Conqueror completely cancels out John Wayne's better performances!

Amen to that.

Go clint :D

DeletedUser

Paint Your Wagon was the greatest musical of all time! The Simpsons version is funnier though. ;)

Gonna paint our wagon,
Gonna paint it good,
We ain't braggin',
We're gonna coat the wood.

They're gonna paint their wagon,
gonna paint it good,
they ain't braggin',
they're gonna coat the wood.

[pause]

I'm gonna paint this wagon,
I'm gonna paint it fine,
I'm going to use oil-based paint
because this wood is pine.
Ponderosa Pine!

DeletedUser

Nobody's mentioned the Ox-bow incident....a classic western too often unremembered!!

DeletedUser

I hardly think having PETA on your butt would be the biggest problem with "dancing with wolves"...

DeletedUser

1) The Outlaw Josey Wales -- Clint made two-gun justice so damned cool that everybody's wanted to do it since.

2) Invitation to a Gunfighter -- Yul Brynner as a Gunfighter rocks. Yul Brenner as an elitist ******* of a gunfighter named Jules Gaspard d'Estaing rocked my world.

3) The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance -- John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart. What's not to like?

4) Unforgiven -- Generated perhaps more awesome quotes than any other movie. "Hell of a thing, killing a man..."

5) Lonesome Dove -- Sure it's a mini-series instead of a movie, but they did it so damned right that it always makes my "must see" list.

DeletedUser

I like all the spag westerns. But my all time fave has got to be Shane. The Deadwood series was pretty good. I also love The Missouri Breaks. Modern choice? Got to be 3:10 to Yuma...:)

DeletedUser

Seriously -- anytime Yul Brynner plays a gunfighter, it's worth it. :) That guy had unearthly presence.