Top 5 Western Movies

DeletedUser

Yea "Trinity" are so good humor:p
Have anyone seen Appaloosa? I havent but it looks like a good one:)

I meant to, but I never got around to it. For some strange reason, it reminded me of Silverado.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can't believe no one mentioned: The Quick and the Dead (1995 Film)

Starring
:
Sharon Stone
Gene Hackman
Russell Crowe
Leonardo DiCaprio

The Quick and the Dead is a Western film directed by Sam Raimi, released in 1995. It stars Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Russell Crowe, Leonardo DiCaprio, Lance Henriksen, and Keith David. It also marks the final film appearance of character actor Woody Strode. The script was written by Simon Moore.

Plot summary

The Quick and the Dead follows the course of a single elimination gunfighting contest held by John Herod (Hackman). Herod is a former outlaw and murderer who rules the small town of Redemption, Arizona, with an iron fist. Herod sponsors the contest with one goal in mind - to eliminate anyone who might pose a threat to him. The contest attracts a variety of contestants, including several outlaws, an adventurer (David), a Swedish gunfighting champion (Sven-Ole Thorsen), a trick shooter and braggart (Henriksen), Herod's alleged son (DiCaprio), and a mysterious woman (Stone) bent on killing Herod. It is revealed through a series of flashbacks that Stone's character is no crusader or savior; her mission is one of personal vengeance. As a young girl, Herod manipulated her into killing her father (Gary Sinise), the town's marshal. Herod also sends his henchmen to retrieve a man named Cort (Crowe), a fellow outlaw retired to life as a missionary. Cort is publicly tortured and humiliated when he refuses to recant his mission of non-violence, and is ultimately forced into the contest. He and "the Lady" (Stone) find they have a common enemy in Herod and devise a plan to kill him and free the town from his oppression.
This film bears no relation to Louis L'Amour's western novel The Quick and the Dead nor the 1963 film.

My favorite Character:

Fee Herod aka "The Kid" (Leonardo DiCaprio)- Fee claims to be the son of John Herod. Herod denies he is the boy's father, claiming his wife (Fee's mother) had an affair with a farmer, although he does seem to show a bit of affection for Fee, displayed by his many attempts to get Fee to drop out of the contest. Fee makes a living as the town's gunsmith and enters the tournament hoping to earn his father's acknowledgment and respect. He develops a crush on Ellen, and although she claims the opposite, she deeply cares for him and is greatly saddened when he is shot and killed by Herod after wounding him in the neck in their gunfight.

The Quick and The Dead - Herod Vs. "The Kid"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q53rpoyfRx8&feature=related

DeletedUser

I can't believe no one mentioned: The Quick and the Dead (1995 Film)

It was good, but it wouldn't make my top 5. I would never pick Leonardo DiCaprio over Gene Hackman in any movie. Gene Hackman's character pretty much has to be my favorite character in any movie he's been in because it was probably the best acted character in the movie. Not that Leonardo DiCaprio isn't a great actor himself. Russell Crowe on the other hand is a horrible actor, thanks for not calling him your favorite character. ;)

DeletedUser

Russell Crowe can't be that bad. He did win an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award. But I like Leonardo DiCaprio's portrayal of "The Kid." Arrogant little boy thinking his the fastest :D

DeletedUser

Russell Crowe can't be that bad. He did win an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award.

Gladiator was a horribly overrated movie and Crowe's performance was comparable to Mel Gibson in Mad Max.

DeletedUser

Gladiator was a horribly overrated movie and Crowe's performance was comparable to Mel Gibson in Mad Max.

OJ! Don't go messing with Mad Mel! However bad his acting may have been, the Road Warrior is an epic.

DeletedUser

The best movie in my opinion has to be 'The treasure of sierra Madre' Which has John Huston's Dad in the lead role, and Humphrey Bogart at his best!

DeletedUser

OJ! Don't go messing with Mad Mel! However bad his acting may have been, the Road Warrior is an epic.

I love Mad Max, no insult intended, but it's not going to win Mel an Oscar (or even a Golden Globe). Maybe a better comparison would be any movie where Sean Connery had an accent. Russian submarine commander?

I'll give Russell Crowe credit for his acting for one movie: A Beautiful Mind.

The best movie in my opinion has to be 'The treasure of sierra Madre' Which has John Huston's Dad in the lead role, and Humphrey Bogart at his best!

Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.

DeletedUser

Deff. the best movie western movies

1. Young Guns
2. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
3. Rio Lobo
4. Tombstone
5. Big Jake

DeletedUser

1. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
2. Tombstone
3. High Noon
4. Unforgiven
5. Big Jake

DeletedUser3717

I only have one :)

Wild Wild West - Will Smith and that Other guy Lol

DeletedUser

1. Blazing Saddles (1974)
2. High Noon (1952)
3. Magnificent Seven (1960)
4. Rio Bravo (1959)
5. The Naked Spur (1953)

:)

DeletedUser

Hey hey

how bout
THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES
DESPERADO
THE SACKETS
HONDO
AMERICAN OUTLAWS

Red Falcon

If that wasn't sarcasm, then I'm afraid we need to put you down.

I agree with you. I'd rather see one of the good old fashioned western movies. And I think Clint Eastwood is the best western movie actor of them all. I would buy or rent a few, but I don't currently know where the closest Blockbuster movie store to me is.

DeletedUser

1.) For a Few Dollars More
2.) The Magnificent Seven
3.) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
4.) The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
5.) Treasure of the Sierra Madre

DeletedUser

Here's my top 5:

1. Treasure of the Sierra Madre
2. Blazing Saddles
3. The Magnificent Seven
4. Go West! (The Marx Brothers)
5. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

DeletedUser6752

1. The Searchers
2. Tombstone
3. Stagecoach
4. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
5. High Noon

(of course, this is only if I was forced at gunpoint to narrow it down to 5)