Tobacky don't grow here ya big silly goose/labor limit

DeletedUser

If they get horses, shouldnt they add the early cars, which could cost like $150.000... or trains that cost $150 per ticket. Adn well there adding the new forms of transportation, maybe they should add rafts. And then add a Ponderossa... and then add new weapons, and more profile pictures, and blah blah blah... whats wrong with the general picture of it now? besides a beta phase...
BTW, I am BattleAx from TW and Im p*ssed that my account cant carry over.

According to the Census, The Frontier was officially closed in 1890, before the advent of cars, and although it would make sense to have trains I think it would be a little too advantageous for the established members of the world. They're already higher levels, can do more, and make more money doing it. They can get a slight boost in time from the mule or horse but the train would be ridiculous.

DeletedUser

Instead of having all jobs spread all throughout the map, I think it would be more fitting to have specific jobs in specific areas. For example, the southeast could be the only place in the map for tobacco, while the south central area is ideal for beans. That way trade is more and location of towns are more important. A SE city would probably sell a lot of tobacco for other items while the northern towns would sell berries and such. Some other jobs could still be spread all throughtout, like putting up posters or gravedigging.

Another idea would be have jobs that go away and respawn later, so that there some sort of economic cycle in the game. People can't just constantly harvest grain and continually sell it. Too much grain should cause the price to go down, and the food and resources should rot after awhile to keep the amount of any resource on the market at a stable level. Without this, everyone would just pick the job with the biggest payout and inflation would turn the west into a giant black hole of worthless money.

The final idea would be a limit to people working a specific place and that the job disappear after a while, that way the place of jobs change in a given area and people are keeping on their heels.

Discuss.

Howdy pardner's. <spits in spitoon> One thing though about this idea is that your willingness to work at the same job goes down meaning your exp and the gathering of the resources is a lower outcome that what it usually is... (not sure if that was mentioned yet)

DeletedUser

i rather not set each job on specific area. there s a Motivation, that will make u waste time travel all around. its okay to have high lv jobs set at certain area, but if u set even the low lv jobs, i doubt how many newbie will stay while u need hours to travel around else your wage cut in motivation % :(

DeletedUser

you would only change jobs to find an item to complete a quest, however if you cant travel across the map to an area where they have the job then you can rely on trade to get you the things you need.

much more realistic than having jobs everywhere.

DeletedUser

you would only change jobs to find an item to complete a quest, however if you cant travel across the map to an area where they have the job then you can rely on trade to get you the things you need.

much more realistic than having jobs everywhere.

Don't you have to switch jobs once your motivation gets low I mean isn't that the whole reason they put that in so that you have to move around and change jobs a little bit.

Plus once town raids and stuff like that start then you'll be moving around then too.

DeletedUser

no because once your in a town, you become more settled to your location

which only emphasises my point, that you would position and found your town in a good location.

DeletedUser

Moving around by how much, you could play this entire game without leaving your sector of the map, if you think that's more fun that being forced to get out and do other stuff while you walk. People don't complain much about the 8 hours sleeping time but if that 8 hours is traveling then the story somehow changes.

I don't want people to waste their time moving from one end of the map to the other, I want towns and people to rely on trading instead of going out and doing everything yourself. I came up with this idea before any general stores were built (and towns for that matter) and thought that what I sold at the store would then be available to buy by other players. Since that's not the case and the item effectively disintegrates then there's no reason for this, but there's also no reason for such a large world. Why not jam pack everything into one sector? Unlimited amounts of people can do a job and the only thing that can't be shared is plots for towns. If the west is no different from the east, and the north is no different from the south, then why bother?

DeletedUser

i think i would want a good reason to go to the other side of the map,

for example, if there were jobs there that wernt on your side.

also this idea would also make other ides like camping and railways more plausable.

DeletedUser1105

Good idea in theory, but I'd be annoyed if I had to travel back and forth to keep doing jobs.

DeletedUser

Good idea in theory, but I'd be annoyed if I had to travel back and forth to keep doing jobs.

but the point is you wouldnt really need to travel back and forth, you could trade!

see how easy it seems, if they were to just impliment it.

DeletedUser1105

But if I trade for the items I want, I won't gain experience points, and I wont get skill points, so I'd never level up.

DeletedUser

yes but remember that you cant trade with nothing

you would have to work in your area (lets say your area was stone mining) then you could work that job, and then trade stone for all the other stuff you need.

and also remember that experience (and therefore skill points) can be gained from dueling (which consequently gains you money too)

DeletedUser914

Agreed.But you can make some job more available in one area and less in another?This way people will have some fav. job and will work on those skills.May be we will see some farmer town,trapper town or things like that.

I agree while all jobs have to be spread out...on future worlds maybe some areas of map have a higher incidence of certain jobs but will have all the availiable jobs but they have lower incidences. This might slow up gameplay but would be more realistic. Then again it is just a made up game

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As a guess, i would say it could take like 15 days to travel from one corner or the map to the other on foot. Doing that for a few logs seems a bit silly to me.

DeletedUser

Am not going to get too involved here,

Just this...

I agree with Morthy,

I agree that it is a pointless waste of energy traveling across the plains to find new work.

This is a game, so we should not be tied to a particular career.
But it seems there are valid points for the opposite.

Why would I travel to the other end of the WEST, unless to duel?

So why not a compromise?
Areas are regulated by seasons.

'baccy may be more in one area in june, yet flourish in another in july!
Equally, GOLD + GEMS will become scarce the more they are mined.
Forcing towns to regulate ares more.

So much more to say on this, but I shall begin with this, and open myself to a little criticism

DeletedUser

As a guess, i would say it could take like 15 days to travel from one corner or the map to the other on foot. Doing that for a few logs seems a bit silly to me.

but with a railway and road system journey time wouldnt be so long. itd be dramatically shortened.

DeletedUser

I agree with that, but when will the railway come, I wonder:(

you could have to build the railway, as was mentioned somewhere

you could choose to have railways connect certain towns, so those towns would be friendly to each other

im just spitballing