The West Most Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

yes but you do not acknowledge our points of view either where we find her manner of play offensive in nature.

DeletedUser

Fail thread...... I also think saltinejesus needs some sun... the computer radiation melted through his skull to his brain or something.

DeletedUser

That is because I have not been convinced that she is doing you actual harm. The good flock of the Lord may be offended in any number of ways and a good portion of those do not merit a response - much less a call to violence such as this.

DeletedUser

That is because I have not been convinced that she is doing you actual harm. The good flock of the Lord may be offended in any number of ways and a good portion of those do not merit a response - much less a call to violence such as this.

yes but would you not say her bypassing the spirit of the game an aberation of nature and goodliness?

since she/he is subverting the natural order of the game for their own benefit?

DeletedUser

One's eyelids are used to protect one's eyes - be it from dust, bright light, what have you. That is their natural, evolutionary function.

Is it, then, an aberration of nature to use them to wink?

Establishing something as law just because it seems to make sense at first glance is rocky ground in which to get your footing. I return to the question: apart from offending you (which many amoral things may do), what harm is she inflicting?

DeletedUser

*listens to the convo while kicking back and eating popcorn*

*walks across movie theatre with plastic bag in hand, keeping low* ill trade you? i brought maltesers and skittles. *annoying sucking noise when at bottom of drink*

DeletedUser

One's eyelids are used to protect one's eyes - be it from dust, bright light, what have you. That is their natural, evolutionary function.

Is it, then, an aberration of nature to use them to wink?

Establishing something as law just because it seems to make sense at first glance is rocky ground in which to get your footing. I return to the question: apart from offending you (which many amoral things may do), what harm is she inflicting?

his/her town has grown vastly thru an unnatural process by the moving of players in and out of his/her town, thereby bypassing the 5 member limit placed in the town without adding residences.

DeletedUser

Apart from the apparent spike in your blood pressure that still does not address my question.

DeletedUser

Fair enough.

And I am revolted by the thought of eating insects, it doesn't make it immoral.

DeletedUser

his/her town has grown vastly thru an unnatural process by the moving of players in and out of his/her town, thereby bypassing the 5 member limit placed in the town without adding residences.

Actually that's not true.

How would you know anyway? You wouldn't. It's pure speculation.

In the manner of absolute truth, my friend ed joined the town and donated some money then he was kicked out until our residence gets raised whereby we'll reinvite him. He hasn't been online much because he lost power from Hurricane Ike.

In regards to Saltine Jesus

There's a cholera epidemic?

This is terrible! I had not been aware.

We have laid all the tracks and set up the telegraph poles, but as of yet the much needed railway station has not yet been completed.

I will telegraph washington dc immediately and tell them of our dire need for medical supplies. Once the railway station is built, we will receive our first shipment, and the us post office will send medical supplies out with the next delivery of mail next month to the frontier.

We apologise for any gaps in service, but we are still working with breaking in our current stock of horses. Soon we will be catching more, and once we have enough we will upgrade our delivery system to the pony express. Currently we offer one mail shipment a week within the same square, and biweekly deliveries and pickups for towns one square away from us. So if anyone outside of those areas is in need of medical supplies, head to the nearest town there and await the first shipment.

--The Postmaster General

DeletedUser

Fair enough.

And I am revolted by the thought of eating insects, it doesn't make it immoral.

yes but when several players show the same revulsion it should make you wonder whats wrong with this picture, and some insects are rather good, like salted grub worms taste just like peanut butter.

DeletedUser

That's a fair point, but it's been called into question now and those strong feelings many people have against it haven't panned out into many solid reasons for why she shouldn't be allowed to live in such a manner.

(And I have a recipe for fireant butter that'll spice up your chili better than any peppers)

DeletedUser

Actually that's not true.

How would you know anyway? You wouldn't. It's pure speculation.

In the manner of absolute truth, my friend ed joined the town and donated some money then he was kicked out until our residence gets raised whereby we'll reinvite him. He hasn't been online much because he lost power from Hurricane Ike.

In regards to Saltine Jesus

There's a cholera epidemic?

This is terrible! I had not been aware.

We have laid all the tracks and set up the telegraph poles, but as of yet the much needed railway station has not yet been completed.

I will telegraph washington dc immediately and tell them of our dire need for medical supplies. Once the railway station is built, we will receive our first shipment, and the us post office will send medical supplies out with the next delivery of mail next month to the frontier.

We apologise for any gaps in service, but we are still working with breaking in our current stock of horses. Soon we will be catching more, and once we have enough we will upgrade our delivery system to the pony express. Currently we offer one mail shipment a week within the same square, and biweekly deliveries and pickups for towns one square away from us. So if anyone outside of those areas is in need of medical supplies, head to the nearest town there and await the first shipment.

--The Postmaster General

If your goal really is just to role play, why don't you play the roles fitting for the time period the game is set in? There was no Postmaster General in the West back then, mail was delivered by stage coach (and later the railroad) and people picked it up at the general store or inn. There weren't even any post offices there, so why would there be a Postmaster General?

In case you're interested in keeping things more accurate historically, there were also no central banks, they were privately owned. Until the 1900s, every time they tried to make a central bank system, it ended up being abolished. The Federal Reserve Act didn't even go into effect until almost 1920, so there wouldn't be a Federal Reserve Bank in the 1800s.

You might want to switch to things like the Bureau of Indian Affairs or something.

DeletedUser

I've read all the David Icke books. I've read the trufax.org matrix books. I've read the architecture of the modern political powerstructure over at mega.nu/ampp. I've taken political science in college, been an avid reader of the new york times and I enjoy infowars.com. I am sick and tired of accurate history.

Ever hear of steam punk?

DeletedUser

I've heard of it, but I didn't read anywhere that this game was supposed to include it. Does that mean we'll eventually be seeing advertisements for computers on sale at local stores too?

DeletedUser

I've read all the David Icke books. I've read the trufax.org matrix books. I've read the architecture of the modern political powerstructure over at mega.nu/ampp. I've taken political science in college, been an avid reader of the new york times and I enjoy infowars.com. I am sick and tired of accurate history.

Ever hear of steam punk?

but if your going to spin the lies you are madalice you might want to get some truth into it since, in the old west most of the land was territories which were governed by local law enforcement and the Federal Governement was virtually nothing in fact the secret service was barely in its infancy back then, and most of the government's law enforcement was carried out by private security firms (like the Pinkertons), the governments of these territories did not influence much back east just like back east did not influence much of what is today, most trains did not have train stations, and had to rely on stagecoaches if they even had one, mail was hit and miss, and the biggest enforcement of fire power were the cattle barons, sheep ranchers were reviled for their taking up of Cow grazing land, most cities would rather kill each other then work together, any town that was a town did its own law enforcement, look at Tombstone and the situation there, none of those police agencies worked with each other and were even fighting each other.

so everything you suggest is a lie and based on nothing, yet you wish to "Role Play" your "Role Play" is nothing but a lie you spun to try to hide your true nature and i'm going to be real glad real soon when you find your entire enterprise is destroyed.

DeletedUser

so everything you suggest is a lie and based on nothing, yet you wish to "Role Play" your "Role Play" is nothing but a lie you spun to try to hide your true nature and i'm going to be real glad real soon when you find your entire enterprise is destroyed.

You've obviously never role played.

I'm running an AD&D conversion hack system called Max Out I created (which is ridiculously awesome) that is a 'real world' campaign.

It's currently taking place in 1500 bc in a fictional valley in greece. The main player is the son of hera, born from her tears of the falling of her human lover while fighting the titan chronos. Another character is the female child of persephone and hades raised by cydonians across the mediterranean. Now were there cydonians at this time period? Is this when Iron was first started to be used instead of bronze in the greece area? Is this when Hera magically brought back a japanese strategist from the nobunga era to teach japanese and advanced japanese war techniques to the hera cult so they could ally with the militia against the children of apollo in the valley?

It doesn't matter what the real history is. The point is that we have fun. If I as a game master was concerned about real history, then I would be rushing left and right to remember fact instead of having fun. I just come up with things from my memory and anything I say in the game becomes the real fact. It's like a parallel version of reality with changes based on our whims just to make the game more fun to play and easier to play.

If you get caught up in the rigid, only color in between the lines thought, you'll never really experience a truly great role playing session, or enjoy a simplistic role playing group in a fun game like the west.

DeletedUser

You've obviously never role played.

I'm running an AD&D conversion hack system called Max Out I created (which is ridiculously awesome) that is a 'real world' campaign.

It's currently taking place in 1500 bc in a fictional valley in greece. The main player is the son of hera, born from her tears of the falling of her human lover while fighting the titan chronos. Another character is the female child of persephone and hades raised by cydonians across the mediterranean. Now were there cydonians at this time period? Is this when Iron was first started to be used instead of bronze in the greece area? Is this when Hera magically brought back a japanese strategist from the nobunga era to teach japanese and advanced japanese war techniques to the hera cult so they could ally with the militia against the children of apollo in the valley?

It doesn't matter what the real history is. The point is that we have fun. If I as a game master was concerned about real history, then I would be rushing left and right to remember fact instead of having fun. I just come up with things from my memory and anything I say in the game becomes the real fact. It's like a parallel version of reality with changes based on our whims just to make the game more fun to play and easier to play.

If you get caught up in the rigid, only color in between the lines thought, you'll never really experience a truly great role playing session, or enjoy a simplistic role playing group in a fun game like the west.

all i have to say about that is *yawn* Iron came around in use around 1200 BCE (in fact wasn't even discovered till 1300 BCE)and it was during 1500 BCE that Mycenae Greeks came into contact with the Minoan culture to which the greeks learned their Alphabet and most important learned to write.

furthermore Cydonia was a city in Crete(which was a Minoan Island).

your whole story lacks in truth which could make a grand adventure in and of itself.

by twisting these facts in your game you might as well change the names and such, since it isn't what you portray it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.