The new No Pushing rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The rule is for towns or individuals that duel each other over and over unarmed or lightly armed for the express purpose of getting XP quickly or transferring cash.
But if I ride 5 hours away to duel, I'm low on health and just want to get home and sleep, so I remove my gun and attack a player for the express purpose of a free ride home - that is now illegal, correct?

DeletedUser

That's a scary sentiment right there. Morthy looks into all in-game reports, no? Would you not agree at least some of those reports are attempts to get innocent players banned?

I agree that was poorly worded. It sounds like a common unethical tactic in police investigations and trials. Morthy would only be looking into them if there was evidence of cheating, not proof that they're guilty. There is no assumption of guilt. If there were, the player who probably brought the exploit to w9, as he banned on w7 for doing the same thing, would be banned on w9 as well.

DeletedUser

But if I ride 5 hours away to duel, I'm low on health and just want to get home and sleep, so I remove my gun and attack a player for the express purpose of a free ride home - that is now illegal, correct?

Yes, why not keep your gun on, your gun does not increase your chances of not being hit. if u want a free ride home, u duel till u die.

DeletedUser

If you're going to mention me at all, at least come up with a good reply to it. What you just typed shows me you have no counter to my post.
I would love to respond to your post, Gem.

But you kinda made this little threat in there:
"Any more mod bashing or accusing and I will personally make sure it is dealt with"

I certainly have a very good counter to your post and I'd love to express that counter, but it's obvious I'd get in trouble for doing so.

DeletedUser

Then I shall express your need to read the rules. It clearly says if you have a problem with a moderator what to do :)

DeletedUser

The rules are the rules. Suspicious activity reported and noticed by Admin will be looked into and judged on a case by case basis. They are not going to lay out exactly how they are going to handle each case because it is judged individually. Not only that, they don't need to let people look for loopholes to get around the rules. Follow the rules and there will be no problems.

some one talked that way to me one time. Ifixed it I got divorced. LOL
cheers

DeletedUser

Yes, why not keep your gun on, your gun does not increase your chances of not being hit. if u want a free ride home, u duel till u die.

Elmyr's favorite violinist... emillie
cheers

61898054.gif

DeletedUser

Its quite simple realy dont take your clothes off or unequip your weapon to duel another player.

Not quite sure whats so hard to understand

The problem is not your weapon or your clothes. But the weapon/clothes of those that attack you. If 20 players keep attacking you without wearing weapon/clothes, then you'll be under suspicion.

You and I can control what we do, we can't control what others do.

I'm not someone who like to cheat in playing games like this, so I don't have problem if the admin is trying to stop cheaters, but the problem is that the rules as it is, can also cause some innocent players trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I guess you'll just have to quit running around naked and unarmed...

DeletedUser544

no Elmyr thats not what VRaverna is saying
he is saying that we can't control who challenges us to duels
and if a player or group of players wanted to get someone else banned, all they would have to do now is take off their weapon and clothes and continuously challenge the same 'not cheating' player. at some point, this would get flagged and an admin would look into it.

and what we all want to know is, will the admins be able to distinguish something like that (an attempt to get a non-cheating player banned) from a group of players organizing push duels amongst themselves?

DeletedUser

I would think with the new rule if 20 people are throwing themselves naked upon your sword you may want to report that behavior.

DeletedUser

and if a player or group of players wanted to get someone else banned, all they would have to do now is take off their weapon and clothes and continuously challenge the same 'not cheating' player. at some point, this would get flagged and an admin would look into it.

Murder suicide...

DeletedUser

umm....if i m doing kate's ring quest...and someone dueled me(if i gets offlyn just after completing the quest)....will i be banned ????coz its quest requirement to take off ur weapon...and at times one had to go offlyn at wrong times.....

DeletedUser

You guys are missing the point of the rule. You are focusing on the clothing and not the intent that follows. Read the rule. It seems pretty darn straight forward. It has to do with Pushing. If you don't know what Pushing is then I guess you don't get it.

DeletedUser

umm....if i m doing kate's ring quest...and someone dueled me(if i gets offlyn just after completing the quest)....will i be banned ????coz its quest requirement to take off ur weapon...and at times one had to go offlyn at wrong times.....
why will you get banned?

DeletedUser

They won't get banned. There is a lot of fear mongering going on in this thread for no reason.

DeletedUser

DS..i just had a query which i thought i ought to ask bout this rule...not to create the fear which is already mongering here

DeletedUser

I know you didn't mean to cause fear mongering. It just seems some players are either not understanding the rule and accidentally interpreting it so that it seems like it is unfair or poking holes at it to see how they can get around it. All it is doing is causing confusion on rules that are straight forward.

No Pushing. That is the rule. If you are pushing your account or another players account you will be punished.

What was posted in the OP was examples of pushing. The rule is actually:

§4) Push duels

It is forbidden to duel players with the intended result of pushing the player with experience or money.

So that is what you need to be concerned with.

DeletedUser14006

I know in the post it said what happened in the past was in the past and this rule is from this point forth.

A few months back I was searching from town to town for someone to duel when I came across a player completely naked and significantly higher than me in both exp and duelling level and if I won the duel I stood to gain around 200 exp, needless to say for the next few days I milked this for everything it was worth until it was no longer beneficial to do so as eventually the exp offered went down to about 125.

So in this case nothing was pre-arranged, no cheating as far as I understood it, just dumb luck I stumbled upon this naked guy who I had presumed quit the game and left his character naked.

If this happened again and I found another naked character, would I be able to legally attack them for exp gain or would it be considered cheating? Bearing in mind nothing would be pre-arranged.

DeletedUser

Will the Punishers of Pushers be the Knights who say NI! That would turn push into puNIsh. :tongue2g:
Bad pun aside... I liked the motivation drop for one-on-one mentioned earlier. Dueling motivation against an individual should drop hard n fast and recover very slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.