The new No Pushing rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

..and what if someone is unarmed,is it against rules to duel him?...

DeletedUser

Its all going to come down to IP's and repeated patterns. All these "What if" questions are going to solve nothing. Cant just sit around and "What If" all day, youll go crazy.

DeletedUser

is it a bad thing that when I'm low on health/energy/motivation I knock myself out and then I can job for 48 hours peacefully?

What's the difference between KO'ing myself on purpose to avoid being dueled and leaving town to avoid being dueled? Or going to sleep to avoid being dueled?

thats a relly noob thing to do and im glad to see its ageist the rules now to loses duels on propues

o.o not good wit quotes

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just like we have rules of no talking about bans, and yet we have Staff Members breaking that rule often, huh Elmyr?

I believe 'people in glass house's shouldn't throw stones' & 'once a cheat always a cheat' are better moto's myself.

DeletedUser

Well if people didn't feel the need to cheat then the rules wouldn't have to be implemented.

Maybe someone caught cheating could give as insight as to why they do it.

Anyone want to speak up?

DeletedUser

The rules are the rules. Suspicious activity reported and noticed by Admin will be looked into and judged on a case by case basis. They are not going to lay out exactly how they are going to handle each case because it is judged individually. Not only that, they don't need to let people look for loopholes to get around the rules. Follow the rules and there will be no problems.

DeletedUser

The rules are the rules. Suspicious activity reported and noticed by Admin will be looked into and judged on a case by case basis. They are not going to lay out exactly how they are going to handle each case because it is judged individually. Not only that, they don't need to let people look for loopholes to get around the rules. Follow the rules and there will be no problems.

If that is so, but the scenarios that I posted before (now censored because the mod think that cheaters are not smart enough to figure out for themselves), it can be used to get enemies in trouble.

So even if you follow the rules, you're still going to be in trouble if someone decide to screw you. The admin has no way to know if the push duels are done to cheat or to get someone banned. In the end, there are three possible outcomes:

1. If the admin is very lenient, then cheaters get away with cheating because the claim someone try to get them banned.
2. If the admin is very strict, then honest players will get banned.
3. If it is up to the admin to guess if someone is cheating or not, it'll cause unfairness where people who have good relation with the admin (either friends, mods, or someone in the same guild as the mods) will not be punished (some are innocent and some are cheaters), but someone who are not in good relation with admin's friends will get punished (not a big deal if they're cheaters, but some of them will be innocent).

DeletedUser

Morthy is the one who deals with everything.
Morthy does not play the game or have any in-game friends or ties with spercific players.
He deals with players and mods in-game the same way if they break rules.

1. If the admin is very lenient, then cheaters get away with cheating because the claim someone try to get them banned.
Nope, Morthy will be able to work it out, he has a brain.
Honest players, if honest why would Morthy be looking into them, he only looks into cases where he has solid prove.
3. If it is up to the admin to guess if someone is cheating or not, it'll cause unfairness where people who have good relation with the admin (either friends, mods, or someone in the same guild as the mods) will not be punished (some are innocent and some are cheaters), but someone who are not in good relation with admin's friends will get punished (not a big deal if they're cheaters, but some of them will be innocent).
Guess? he doesnt guess, he knows.

DeletedUser

I am afraid we are not going to tell you the tools we will be using to find out those players pushing duels.

Why? Because those that want to know, want to find a way around it.

We have a team of 3 working on this, and none of us are biased, have ties ingame for the world we moderate and all of us try our hardest to be fair and just.

If we were biased, half the people who put in rude appeals would not be unbanned. If we were biased, we'd not unban those involved in wars with our forum moderators.

Those that are accusing the forum moderators of getting around the rules are making untruthful statements. If I find someone in my staff breaking rules I would come down on them twice as hard, and good thing it hasn't happened yet! The forum mods are nothing to do with ingame staff.

Any more mod bashing or accusing and I will personally make sure it is dealt with.

Thank you!

DeletedUser

If that is so, but the scenarios that I posted before (now censored because the mod think that cheaters are not smart enough to figure out for themselves), it can be used to get enemies in trouble.

So even if you follow the rules, you're still going to be in trouble if someone decide to screw you. The admin has no way to know if the push duels are done to cheat or to get someone banned. In the end, there are three possible outcomes:

Its quite simple realy dont take your clothes off or unequip your weapon to duel another player.

Not quite sure whats so hard to understand

DeletedUser

so according to this rules it is ilegal to have your weapon unequiped..right?....

DeletedUser

so according to this rules it is ilegal to have your weapon unequiped..right?....

No that isnt what the rule is saying at all

New rules:
* It is not allowed to take your clothes and weapons off with the intent to lose a duel on purpose.
* It is not allowed to purposely let yourself be dueled in an attempt to lose money
* It is not allowed to purposely duel someone and lose in an attempt to lose money

If you are doing it for dueling anything other than an NPC then you or being dueled by another player then the rule applies

DeletedUser

yea,but what if some builder unequipe his weapon,duler/soldier will never be able to duel him 'cos that would be against rules,would it.....and what if they duel him anyway,who is breaking the rule,soldier/dueler or builder?...and how can admin know the diffrence why is that builder unequped his weapon,is it because he wanted to lose money or is it because he wanted prevent dueling 'cos he thought dueling unarmed builder is not challenge...if you know what i mean.....
and what is npc...

DeletedUser

But seriously, I don't really get the rule that much either, or how money scamming works. Still, if the Admins put, I guess it's for a reason.

DeletedUser

Honestly, don't worry so much. Dueling someone you happen to come across who is unarmed is not the same as organized push duels. The rule is for towns or individuals that duel each other over and over unarmed or lightly armed for the express purpose of getting XP quickly or transferring cash.

DeletedUser

Honest players, if honest why would Morthy be looking into them, he only looks into cases where he has solid prove.
That's a scary sentiment right there. Morthy looks into all in-game reports, no? Would you not agree at least some of those reports are attempts to get innocent players banned?

And wow, Gem. Just wow. I am stunned you would make that post. It's obvious I'd get banned for talking about it, so I'll leave it at that.

DeletedUser

That's a scary sentiment right there. Morthy looks into all in-game reports, no? Would you not agree at least some of those reports are attempts to get innocent players banned?

And wow, Gem. Just wow. I am stunned you would make that post. It's obvious I'd get banned for talking about it, so I'll leave it at that.

If you have so called proof behind any of your claims for mod favourtism, pm me or gem about it.

Morthy looks into most in-game reports, 3 people work on them all together, yes some rediculous people want others banned, but Morthy can work it out.

DeletedUser

If you're going to mention me at all, at least come up with a good reply to it. What you just typed shows me you have no counter to my post.

Anyhow this is not an argument. I stated my facts. That's it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.