The fort battle for the wealthiest - bring back game balance

DeletedUser

I've gone through West forums on Polish server to find out about this new phenomenon.
A number of fort battles has been pre-arranged to exploit battle awarding system. It was already known, that battles for large forts attracts betters items drops. Also less players survives, better items are. It wasn't a big issue till now. Items obtained rarely topped up to high values that legendary weapons could be found.
Thanks to Polish it appears the actual rewarding formula is: take all money spent(lost) during the battle, and divide it amongst survivors. So what they do? "The fort battle for the wealthiest" (as translated!) is being called. Battle moderators write a scenario, who is attackig, who is defending, who is going to die (lay out cash) and who survives to take a prize. Which are legendary weapons, 3rd key(s), or other v.expensive items like golden buffalo etc. They have to calculate all money to be spent and lost from players during the battle and make sure value per survivor is set in a range 9000-10000. Once battle is over, prizes been hand out, next scenario is written where losers become winners and vice versa.

I hope I don't have to elaborate how much this unbalance the game. Long awaited 3rd key seems to be no needed anymore, as you can get shiny weapons without it. Legendary weapons will become casual soon, making quests nearly pointless now. It destroys competition on many levels.

I would like all people concerned by what's going on to take part in this discussion and find a ways to limit the damage been made. Personally I will vote to clear droppable atribute out of all legendary weapons, and 3rd key. They say there are other ways to get it. Let's find them.

Ideas proposed in discussion (update):

-make legendary weapons available through quest only
-change fort battles rewards from money based
-take drops away from fort battles
-introduce gambling instead
-do nothing cause it doesn't unbalance the game

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's already started.. Wyatt Earp's Colt Buntline has been found on W3.

Think dev's will remove his weapon? ..I think not.

So.. are we gonna be fair with the fortfighting or is it gonna be a "grab whatever you can" scenario in the future?

DeletedUser

It's my last stand here. People were complaining about unbalancing sort of issues, like one with Hernando Sword or Belle Star too easy to get.
Just hope to hear them now again. Loud and clear.

DeletedUser

I agree on that I would much rather see all the unique weapons available through quests instead of from fort battles, at least then everyone has the same chance of getting one.

Quests spoiled? unavoidable, and besides I'd rather have the quests spoiled instead of that 1 or 2 lucky persons that happened to be online at the right time with the right gear equipped.

Instead, make the quests really hard to complete, but known to the public. Then we have a clear goal to look forward to, instead of just being lucky, or being online at the forums at the right time reading the solution 2 seconds before a mod deletes the post.

DeletedUser

For Hernando sword you really need to play this game thoroughly, it's not easy to get it.
Although people will say that Belle Star is too easy to get, it's not true. You need to know what to take and when to search. But while the sword needs you to work on numerous jobs and make certain decisions, for Belle Star it's enough to do a couple of duels. It's too late to change that now, but for new worlds it would be wise to add a few complicated level 40 sidequests that must be solved bofore the looser questline kicks in.

It's not that I'm complaining on these things actually, every single RPG is about quests and questsolving in order to get a reward.
But allowing people to easily get Belle Star from fortfight before they're level 40? Or to get Hernando sword in a day while others are playing the game for months?
That's plain rediculous in general.

This is another thread about the fort abuse problem where everyone wins. You arrange for few players to get the prize, next day you arrange for another group of players, etc. Don't tell me it's hard to organize such things, it's not actually, the ones who "should" lose just need to come unequipped.
Not to mention that in new version it will be even easier - defenders will move first, then IIRC ones with the highest appearance or whatever. All you need to cheat is to buff a few defenders who'll get all best items that exist in this game and then let naked attackers to come.

I'll support anyone's idea on how to minimize the impacts forts have in this game. There has to be a reward for players who join the fort fight, but current system that gives ultimate items based on the money brought into the fight is bad and too easy to abuse. The whole fortfight system should be changed.

I would much rather see all the unique weapons available through quests instead of from fort battles, at least then everyone has the same chance of getting one.
I second that.

DeletedUser

i think the weapons should be only slightly better so the reaal duelers can still cary on being feared instead of rich adventurars

DeletedUser

The problem is that the devs think secrets are difficult to find. If it exist, than someone will find a loophole. A quest should not be difficult because it is a secret. It takes one person to figure it out and then the whole server knows it.

Now if the game gets filled with kick ass items it will die. Let's see how they play it this time.

DeletedUser

Im with you guys. This so called ,,bug" should be fixed or else Inno will see a huge drop in players.

DeletedUser

It's not even a bug. That's what I am talking about. InnoGames decided that the rewards from winning a fort battle will depend on the cash we carry. They obviously thought that would be smart and no one would ever find out.

DeletedUser

Apparently the difficulties lies in enforcement: ie how do you prove the fort battle was "engineered" and a complete farce/cheat just to get the goods and not a legitimate fight with fully deserved rewards?

imo they should just take the drops away from the fort battles and put them somewhere else (jobs/quests) if they cannot enforce their rules and regulations.

DeletedUser

I think you are overeacting a lot. Its not so simple to get items as you write - just bring money and take these fancy items. First of all - not many people have 10000 to waste in gambling, second not everyone who survives - get item and third even if you get an item - you can easily get regular one like precise winchester or golden buffalo.
So if there will be few people who have some special weapon - it wont disbalance the game.
In addition you should note that in such battles mostly high level people are participating - that is they already have all they need and have money to waste in such gambling.

As situation is right now with quests - personally i better spend 100000$ in gambling at fort fights then wait another year or two for dev leak secret of third key and what you can get from it. In fort battle gambling i have a chance even though small and it depends from me, while waiting for devs to say smth doesnt depend.

In addition - i really think that high level people who finished the game or near finishing should have good guns or opportunity to get them if they choose to. Low level players have very little use for such gamble.

DeletedUser

Low level players have very little use for such gamble.
That is wrong thinking.
Besides, any player, high or low level, who is able to do silver mining (charlatan's set or skills) can afford what you call "gambling" weekly.
And where did you see that you won't get an awsome item every time? You will get it. An ultimate item every week - and this game is rotting.

DeletedUser

That is wrong thinking.
Besides, any player, high or low level, who is able to do silver mining (charlatan's set or skills) can afford what you call "gambling" weekly.
And where did you see that you won't get an awsome item every time? You will get it. An ultimate item every week - and this game is rotting.

I see that you know nothing about these fort battles and you complain and write nonsense. First participate in some and then write your "facts" and complains.

In addition - what low level players have use of third key/ warps buntline or even precise winchester? The only use they would have IF they'd find medium/above medium weapon. And that with amount of organisation, luck and money required is very unlikely to be popular. You can spend your money and time much more productively then that. As i've said before - these fort battles are for high level, bored, rich people who can afford to waste thousands of cash (in addition i must remind you that all this money must come from inventory sales or person has to be out of town to gather it safely).

DeletedUser

i tried this at a fort battle with over $7000 on me, and i got a brown poncho. :ph34r:

DeletedUser

I think you are overeacting a lot. Its not so simple to get items as you write - just bring money and take these fancy items. First of all - not many people have 10000 to waste in gambling, second not everyone who survives - get item and third even if you get an item - you can easily get regular one like precise winchester or golden buffalo.
So if there will be few people who have some special weapon - it wont disbalance the game.
In addition - i really think that high level people who finished the game or near finishing should have good guns or opportunity to get them if they choose to. Low level players have very little use for such gamble.

So not true,old worlds have many players who can spend 10k regularly.Me for example I can give you 100 grand if you promise me yarps bountline :razz:

Yeah we are high level players and we should have opportunity to get good weapons.... QUEST should be the way not fort fights.Even if its fort fight it should depend on the amount of damage caused as it would require skill rather than bringing insane amount of money.And yeah it will effect the worlds a lot.5 good duelers with great weapon can beat the heck out of rest of the world.

I am not complaining though as it will certainly make the game more interesting and I am thinking about joining few battles myself.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser16008

Don't see the problem with working something out, a lot of whiners about a few things being found by pure luck on a drop..

So what if things get found they should be, why should everything hang on questing to find things ? all very well for those who enjoy it but not much for the pure fighters.

I for one am bored stupid with the weapons in this game as it is, there is nowhere near enough variety and at high level it gets pretty boring using the same weapon for 30 levels + believe me.

Ive been playing the game for a long time now and with all the updates they could at any time added new items to buy but no they would rather open new worlds every 2 mths and kill the others off. I say finding these things will as likely rejuvenate those worlds some. I dont like spending months getting somewhere only for the devs to open new worlds and kill it off, it happens everytime and im pretty fed up with it so the game is already on its last legs imo.

I hope loads of these items get found and it threatens the game balance then perhaps the devs will stop messing around and overhaul it properly and make more items available and other issues that the higher lvl players have brought up.

DeletedUser

I look forward to see people wielding legendary weapons. It will bring another dimension to the game. But for Pete's sake do not give it out just to every mafia member. Keep its limited edition value.Why not through quest? Tough requirements will be great courtesy to adventurers and workers, so there will be more fighting classes.
This thread is not against big guns. Its against "I know someone who run battles where you find great things, spread news around to your friends, everyone carry 2000$ in cash. Meet me in a chatroom for details". How common is that?
I agree - few bullies with unique weapon can mess around a lot. Thats what I am talking about. Give everyone equal chances, not only to mafia members. Do it before vast majority of dissapointed people quit.

DeletedUser16008

Think youll find its not such as a mafia closed shop thing but rather to stop freeloaders showing up with $0 and walking away with an item without risking anything.

Id say over half the players out there would if they could ride others efforts and coat tails. Is it fair for some to carry in huge amounts of cash while others would try and sneak in with nothing ?

The simple answer is to go call a large open battle and ask everyone to bring X amount along ... see what happens but like I said ill bet half bring very little or nothing expecting to get a freebie:dry:

DeletedUser

I see that you know nothing about these fort battles and you complain and write nonsense. First participate in some and then write your "facts" and complains.
Reread my previous posts. I refuse to take any part in "forts" charade. I will not build them, I will not fight in them till the matter is resolved, or as thread title says:
Bring back the game balance.

Look on the bright side - for you. One fort fighter less to compete with you in easy gettin' ultimate items. You should be happy and not bitter.