The Church of the Glorious 42

• Thread starter Thomas Franklin
  • Start date

DeletedUser

It occurred to me after somebody else mentioned this: the number 42, not Onion, 1337, Flying Spaghetti Monster, Spam, Garlic, or Invisible Pink Unicorn (someone's bound to mention it in the OT section), is the One True God, as told by the Prophet Douglas Adams! Here are some important facts about Quadradiism:

1. A thread about 42 is called a church.
2. Douglas Adams is our "prophet" like Muhammad to Muslims or Moses to Jews/Christians or Buddha to Buddhists.
3. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is our scripture.
4. If you join the Church of 42 you go to heaven.
5. You get cookies in the Church.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, but the answer to 42 isn't God, not any god.

Try again.

DeletedUser

You must ask yourself, John Rose, what is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything?

DeletedUser

No, its 42. And there's a mathematical equation to prove it.

DeletedUser14280

Science and whatnot don't really have anything to do with religion, do they, though?

DeletedUser

Its so complicated its impossible for a human to solve or understand. That is why Deep Thought was created to solve it.

DeletedUser

Have any of you read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? (this is some friendly conversation)

DeletedUser

The Interpretations of the Guide
Pistachio: 73.31
From the beginning of time there has been noobs. It is only in the Current Times, however, that Human has seen the phenomena of Internet Noobs. These poor wretches pollute the many Forums of the Web, spreading their false religion of the number 1337. In the Beginning Times 42 saw that this would happen, and decided that the Noobish civilization shall be corrected when she is worshipped by them. Thus, the Churches of 42 must set up missions to educate the Noobs, and only then may the Noobish Race be saved.

DeletedUser13682

Good book series, though the movie was a slight disappointment, it was still a movie with some good laughs, but the book was better.

DeletedUser

My main disappointment with the movie is the graphics, but I can't complain too much about Star Wars IV-VI and the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, they were made way back in the 60s, 70s....

I saw the old version, not the 2005 one.

DeletedUser

Absolutely nothing. And its not failing. The Second Coming of 42 will be here, and you all will go to the Netherarea.

DeletedUser

Macadamia: 11-96
When a person dies their soul goes to one of three areas: Greatland, Netherarea, or Biquad Prison.
Greatland is where the reverent and good people's souls go to be reincarnated as Greatlanders. Greatland is paradise, because you can do whatever you want there (everything, like food, is supplied by the Government of the Afterlife) unless it affects another Greatlander.
Netherarea is like the Quadradiist version of the Greek's Asphodel Fields. It is a nether region where people have amazingly boring office or factory jobs making stuff for Greatland and the food sucks. Non-believers, if they behave well, can be promoted to Greatland. People who are neither good nor bad go here.
Biquad Prison is the home of the bad. Most people just toil away at physical labor making stuff or growing food for Netherarea and Greatland. Particularly bad people, like Adolf Hitler or Edward Crowley, are subjected to the punishment of being dipped in lava slowly (their bodies are restored by the power of 42).

The Afterlife is run by the Government of the Afterlife, a number of angel-like creatures called Servants appointed by 42 to these positions. Afterlife also has a military to hold back 24 and his own army of Demons.

I just made this up off the top of my head.