The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser9470

Rewriting the XP formula in the fort battle.
It has to add the risk into it. There is no logic nor fairness that Gaga while hidden in the inner part of the tower gets 1500 XP unlike the unlucky player who was on the outer edge of the tower and was KOed in first 3 rounds protecting her backside.
To make things fair and antihiding, XP should be generous to a player who receives massive damage in first few rounds, let's say 5, then the XP from being hurt is halved in rounds 5-10, then it's halved again for rounds 10-15 and after that XP from being hurt should be zero as in round 15, when one of sides is decimated, it's easy to be coo! and run into frontlines.
Also add to it that XP cap for someone who ends the fight without losing a single healthpoint should be set to 500 XP or even lower, and one who's health is not at least halved during the fight is capped to 1000 XP, no matter how many thousands of damage he inflicted to the other side (wasting others' health and leeching XP that should go to those others).

Steelboxes gaining formula is also bad, but is mainly antiadventurer, so I actually want to stay it that way. Otherwise how to persuade ppl not to play that crap class?

I like the idea that those who risk their lives get more xp and boxes.
but your idea just pushes the game further towards the HP tank build that needs to be eradicated.

1st make dodge worth something in fort battles and make HP absolutely worthless.
then I might consider this idea.

DeletedUser

It's just a brainfart not a completely thought out idea with details, Neo. ;)
If it was detailed I'd add to it that it makes side walls (east and west) interesting as currently those two walls are pretty much being avoided by vets.

In any case extermination of HP tanks should be a separate idea. And it actually is, there is already HelenBack's idea in this forum section.

DeletedUser

Problem: 0 motivational duels:

Keeping their duel level low they fall back in levels from other duelers - hence they are able to torment low level duelers and non dueling players. Those players have no real benefit in-game(they get money of course but with the new banking system - not so much). They don't do it for the money but only to torment others and not face real duelers their own level :)
I myself would do the same when I duel - I'd keep my duel level low so that I could hit every player attacking my town. Just because the game system allows it.

Unrealistic: You fight with 0 motivation, still you hit full force despite you are not motivated.
Unrealistic: You have many duels and still you are able to hit low level players/non duelers and circumvent the whole idea of dueling levels system.
Unrealistic: Every other player suffers from working/building with low motivation in therm of proportionally less built, lower chance of finding an item, lower amount of money gained, lower experience.
Unrealistic: People use NPC duels(weak players) to lower their motivation and then hit higher levels with no duel level gain.

I have a few suggestions:

1. Make the dueling skills proportional to motivation eg: if you have 100 appearance/shooting/vigor if you attack with 80% motivation you only use 80% of the skills (80 appearance etc).

2. Lower the damage inflicted proportionally to motivation - if you hit for 100 damage then with 80% motivation you do 80 damage.

3. Lower the money taken from the victim proportionally to dueling motivation(not that this one will have much effect)

4. Leave it as it is.

As a side effect - the buffs that give duel motivation which are now pretty much useless will be needed.

I know many will disagree to this proposal but I still think it is reasonable and would like to see opinions.

Thanks,
Astera.

DeletedUser

An interesting solution, I like it. And I know a great deal of zero mots who won't. :)

DeletedUser22575

Problem: 0 motivational duels:

Keeping their duel level low they fall back in levels from other duelers - hence they are able to torment low level duelers and non dueling players. Those players have no real benefit in-game(they get money of course but with the new banking system - not so much). They don't do it for the money but only to torment others and not face real duelers their own level :)
I myself would do the same when I duel - I'd keep my duel level low so that I could hit every player attacking my town. Just because the game system allows it.

Unrealistic: You fight with 0 motivation, still you hit full force despite you are not motivated.
Unrealistic: You have many duels and still you are able to hit low level players/non duelers and circumvent the whole idea of dueling levels system.
Unrealistic: Every other player suffers from working/building with low motivation in therm of proportionally less built, lower chance of finding an item, lower amount of money gained, lower experience.
Unrealistic: People use NPC duels(weak players) to lower their motivation and then hit higher levels with no duel level gain.

I have a few suggestions:

1. Make the dueling skills proportional to motivation eg: if you have 100 appearance/shooting/vigor if you attack with 80% motivation you only use 80% of the skills (80 appearance etc).

2. Lower the damage inflicted proportionally to motivation - if you hit for 100 damage then with 80% motivation you do 80 damage.

3. Lower the money taken from the victim proportionally to dueling motivation(not that this one will have much effect)

4. Leave it as it is.

As a side effect - the buffs that give duel motivation which are now pretty much useless will be needed.

I know many will disagree to this proposal but I still think it is reasonable and would like to see opinions.

Thanks,
Astera.

0 motivation duelers are just a legitimate form of character play as any other form of character play in this game, those who trade only, fort fight only, etc.

Instead of trying to penalize them for doing something legitimate within the system learn to live with it.

DeletedUser

Instead of trying to penalize them for doing something legitimate within the system learn to live with it.

If my performance suffers with lower motivation on a job, why shouldn't theirs on their job of choice?

DeletedUser22575

If my performance suffers with lower motivation on a job, why shouldn't theirs on their job of choice?

Because its not a job which is what your trying to equate it with..an apple and orange thing.

It is a character play choice, a difference that I know you are aware of Elmry :) Quit acting like Hugh Grant.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

An apple and orange both rot over time. Motivation should act the same way for jobs and duels.

DeletedUser

I'll give you one thing for your argument, TJ. With jobs, product drop rate and luck value aren't affected by motivation, and with duels it's wins, which are worth a lot less than products or items. Alright, I guess that gives you most of the argument, but MAYBE the duel motivation affecting cash thing the devs tried to implement SHOULD be implemented, because there is a more direct parallel there.

DeletedUser9470

theres nothing wrong with 0% mot duelists, just because you hit high level builders and gained yourself 20 levels duel xp and cant hit lower levels you want to punish those lower levels for not doing the same as you?

this idea is absurd, 0% isnt as easy as you may think.

before you nerf 0% mot duelers nerf pure fort fighters in the same way. do one ff/day and lose 50% of fb skills?
do this on job drops like elmyr points out, do this on questlines etc, do this on pure fms, do this on pure everything and anything...
Absolutely absurd idea.

A 0% sacrifices his game to achieve a certain rank for the town, he helps his town-members survive and alliance members also. he gets xp for his town and thus helps the town rankings.
all that at detriment of his own rank.
not abiding to the level ***** rules has a lot of downsides. not being able to do quests for ages, not being able to do certain jobs for ages, not achieving in fort fights for ages...

Getting rid of 0% like I pointed out in the first line of my post, doesnt get your builders any more peace.

Another massive point:
an xp duelist level 60\120 against an xp duelist level 120\140 is in exactly the same situation as any xp duelist against a 0%...
Many level 120s decide to start dueling then. when they respec to pure duelists and their dl is 0 and theyre going round killing all your xp duelers and your builders, what do you do then? Wish you had a few 0% in your town? or go whine on the forum for them to be nerfed?

0% is part of the game, and is one of the best parts of this game. it has always been part of the game. everyone has managed to deal with it up until now. like ive said many times, its easily countered.

Either way it is looking like dueling will dissappear all together in the near future due to the devs "fixing"(making resist and dex ranged overpowered again) the duel system...

So I'd better hit that 10k landmark soon, havent visited bold city in a while...

DeletedUser

You have valid points neo, I'm just saying that there are inconsistencies in the dueling system.

DeletedUser22575

I'll give you one thing for your argument, TJ. With jobs, product drop rate and luck value aren't affected by motivation, and with duels it's wins, which are worth a lot less than products or items. Alright, I guess that gives you most of the argument, but MAYBE the duel motivation affecting cash thing the devs tried to implement SHOULD be implemented, because there is a more direct parallel there.

Duel motivation effecting cash would be fair in my opinion.

DeletedUser

0 motivation dueling skews the conception of the game and is not logical.

The only other thing not affected by motivation in the game is the chance to find a product.

As of finding an item - its value is not affected but the chance to find an item is affected directly and proportionally to the work motivation.
So if you think of items found as ($ per hour) - it is proportional to motivation.

DeletedUser9470

0 motivation dueling skews the conception of the game and is not logical.

The only other thing not affected by motivation in the game is the chance to find a product.

As of finding an item - its value is not affected but the chance to find an item is affected directly and proportionally to the work motivation.
So if you think of items found as ($ per hour) - it is proportional to motivation.

sorry but there is absolutely nothing in game that affects skill points.
so
no to this

also tj, the only reward a 0 mot gets is cash
so
no to this too

DeletedUser25802

fort building damage

i apologise if this has already been posted in this thread or any other.

i would like to see damage to fort buildings and walls/towers after a fort fight. the longer the fight the more damage. this would also give builders something to do on old words were everything is built up.

also i'd like to see the gate bigger on forts, 4 people on small forts 6 on medium forts and 9 on large forts with the same bonuses as a tower but without any class bonus

DeletedUser

It has, but I don't blame you. It was first suggested who knows when and has yet to be implemented.

DeletedUser25802

i thought so :D i just couldnt be bothered to troll through all 20 pages :D

DeletedUser8312

Fancy Clothes, Neckbands, Hats etc etc

There needs to be more Fancy or Unique items in ALL clothing.

I'd like to have a Billy the Kid Coat or something.

I'm sure this has already been posted but I tried searching Unique and Special Clothes using the Search feature and came up with nothing :(