The Alliances.Lets change that.

DeletedUser

Page 7 sniper:)b

Dusty can't lose arguments cause he never actually enters them, of course he never wins them that way either.

DeletedUser

Page 7 sniper:)b

Dusty can't lose arguments cause he never actually enters them, of course he never wins them that way either.

I learned a long time ago that it is pointless to argue with mental midgets.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser

Don't you think it's fairly hypocritical for someone who can't spell intelligent to run around calling people 'mental midgets?'

That's what we've come to expect from your ilk. Hypocrites, all.

DeletedUser

But I'm wondering what is the actual problem of attacking a builder? If he loses the duel, what will happen? Nothing! He's only losing maybe a few dollars, but since he's member of a town he can store it in the bank, for example everyday before he will visit his hotel, so I don't see the problem here.

A knocked out builder loses all funds accumulated before going to the hotel. This happens more than once, maybe several days in a row, it's kind of a drag. Seems like an injustice. If a worker has been concentrating on building skills for the good of the city, than his main defense is arranging for protection, either within the town or outside. The only mechanism for allowing this are the communications made available to us, and the ability to control town memberships.

It is a question of "picking on folks your own size." You get a reputation for beating up those smaller than you, people set out to teach you a lesson.

So what about morals? When you attack a worker it is worse than attacking an adventurer? Isn't this whole game about the Wild West, and isn't it normal that bandits will actually attack the workers for easy money?

Yeah, of course in the Wild West you have sheriffs who will defend the hard working people and try to catch the bandits and put them in jail, but for some reason the game developers didn't invented neither any sheriffs nor jails.

Of course, in the Wild West, in the absence of effective police forces, people took justice in their own hands. The FoM is essentially the equivalent of a lynch mob (without the racial implications). Like in real life, gets a little messy, but, hey, if it protects the little guy, the little guy ain't gonna complain. Don't wanna be put down by the mob, don't attract attention to yourself by flagrantly defying the social norms.

Also, there is that unused sheriff's office in each town. Maybe some day the developers decide to do something with it?

By the way, who says a worker can't defend himself? We can not see from the outside if he's a good dueler or not, can we?

Who's saying attacking a worker is weak...? Is chosing the character worker and putting all your skill points into dueling skills also weak?

Is chosing an adventurer and putting all your points into dueling skills weak?

What if I choose a soldier and put all my points into construction skills. Is everyone attacking me now very weak and deserves to be punished? Of course not; as said you can't see from the outside who/what's inside.

Well that's an interesting question. You can look at a dueling level of a worker. I'm +2 because I managed to successfully defend myself twice. If I were more like +16, you might have cause to wonder about me. If a worker's level and dueling level more closely match the profile of a dueler, you probably have a pretty good idea what's going on.

Choosing a worker character and putting all of your points into dueling skills will probably result in one of those lopsided profiles that I'm talking about, making you perceptibly a legitimate target. It's also inefficient if dueling is what you're interested in. Similarly, being a soldier is pretty stupid if you're mostly interested in construction - people would always be gunning for you, especially as your record would make you an easy target. And as a builder, the improved motivation recovery is a big help. Why give that up, and why would you want the grief, unless you're some sort of masochist?

DeletedUser

Don't you think it's fairly hypocritical for someone who can't spell intelligent to run around calling people 'mental midgets?'

I know. Isn't it terrible that we have you in such a tizzy. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser

Dusty quite clearly warned you that it was "pointless to argue with mental midgets." If you can't accept that and stop arguing with him you deserve all the frustration you're getting.