Passed Tax Monitering

Would you like to see this in game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggo11

Thanks for everyone who has posted positive feedback and some suggestions :)

Just recaping at what we've currently got:

Proposal
To update the Residents panel in the Town Hall to include additional statistics. This will assist Founders and Councillors to keep track of peoples contribution to the treasury and construction, without the use of outside tools.

Details
Under the regular table is a bar similar to that under the construction table. This bar provides four buttons which change the stats displayed to Full, Basic (current view), Treasury Only and Construction Only. To allow for this (without compromising viewing space) the table must be slightly longer vertically. Only a vertical scroll bar is necessary, except for in Full View. The table would act as normal except with these extra stats.

The stats displayed will include:
~Construction of Town Buildings
~Town Treasury
~Construction Skill Points
~Cash [not in bank]
~Construction per week
~Donations per week
~Last Construction
~Last Donation
~Percentage of Construction
~Percentage of Treasury Donations

Visual Aid
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3897/taxmoniter3nv3.jpg
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4331/taxmoniter4gl8.jpg

Summary
People have been arguing over automatic systems for a while now so I hope this compromise will be accepted by you all. It doesn't take money off people automatically but allows you to instantly see who has or hasn't been paying their fair share, without the need for outside tools.

Last edited:

Diggo11

Yay :D

You can't ignore this Gem, you know you want to send this to the polls... do it for your town in World 4 :laugh:

(edit) Meh must be asleep... :eek:hmy:

Last edited:

Diggo11

Hmmm it must be missing something if Gem doesn't like it...

1. The idea must be balanced and well thought out. If you haven't explored the positives and negatives, and looked at ways in which the idea could be exploited it isn't going to make it to a vote. YES
2. The idea must not require excessive admin interaction to prevent cheating. For example, lets say your idea is to allow trading of equipment between players, how do you prevent cheating without having an admin review each and every trade? YES
3. The idea must not change the concept behind the game. YES

1. Too expensive to implement. NO
2. The idea may require too great of a code change for too little gain. NO
3. The idea may be prioritized so far down the ladder that it just won't make the cut. PERHAPS
4. The idea may conflict with future changes and be discarded. NO
5. The idea may require too many resources to prevent cheating. NO

DeletedUser

I need to read through the thread...just a bit tired today. Mainly stayed in offtopic.

Sorry guys...going to get sleep soon will review tomorrow..

Diggo11

Cool take your time :D

And again thanks to everyone who contributed to this idea and put it up for development consideration.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Lol, diggo. Give the girl a break. She has shoes to buy. And that is important stuff. ;)

Diggo11

Oops sorry, I'll wait for her to buy shoes - where are my manners? Shows my lack of patience in certain things. *to myself* God this may take longer than I thought...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Having a heck of a time in real life at the moment. Apologies.

I've moved this to a vote as I think it's a very well thought out idea.

DeletedUser

hey gem take some time off. if it becomes a chore you'll give it up and we don't want that.

DeletedUser1105

We might end up with Ulthor as your replacement, god forbid!

Nice summary Diggo, thanks for moving it here Gem.

I voted yes.

DeletedUser

hey gem take some time off. if it becomes a chore you'll give it up and we don't want that.

it's fine :)
All caught up now! I'm sure even if I gave up there'd be many people willing to take over.

I'm still thinking what to vote at the moment.

DeletedUser

I voted yes, but I don't think this ought to be a "high-priority" change.
THere are other issues that needs higher priority than this.

Diggo11

Thanks Gem, sorry for my lack of patience yesterday.

Original post updated to include refined details.

Thanks to all who vote (well mainly to those who say yes).

DeletedUser

lol...diggo...well, I'm saying yes even tho I check post after the Poll was closed:blink: I think it's a great idea...but then I usually think any idea is a great one...lmao If you want to throw new ideas out send em my ways! I almost always say thumbs up!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.