Passed Tax Monitering

Would you like to see this in game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggo11

I think a scroll would work better. No need for different coloured lines either. It could work much like Excel's 'freeze panes' feature.

For those not familiar, this would mean that when you scrolled, the column with the player names in would be 'frozen' in place, whilst all the others scrolled. Making it simple to see who did what.
Yeah that'd be great! That way we could fit it in the Town Hall Residents area as planned.

Diggo11

I'm thinking it's mock-up time. I need visual aids. :)
Ok I'll start on it. It won't be too flashy I only have M$ Paint.

Ok I'm done. How do you like the look of them?

User created images, resolution at 1024 by 768 pixels.
taxmoniter1rn3.jpg

taxmoniter2zd9.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Yeah, the freeze panes work. Horizontal scrolling isn't the greatest design element, but it works. :)

DeletedUser1105

Excellent mock ups diggo. I don't like the idea of a '% of money donated' column.

I don't think it's fair that founders know how much town members are earning.

DeletedUser

don't se the point of this idea... since everyone in town can already see a persons total donations and construction time, and in bank you can also see how much money they are carrying...

Diggo11

Excellent mock ups diggo. I don't like the idea of a '% of money donated' column.

I don't think it's fair that founders know how much town members are earning.
Thanks.

As for the Percentage of Money Donated it already shows how much Cash everyone has, all its doing is comparing it to the existing Town Treasury column. For the record this stat is based on money that isn't put in the bank.

Diggo11

Yeah, the freeze panes work. Horizontal scrolling isn't the greatest design element, but it works. :)
I agree that its annoying having two scroll bars, but I'd definitely live with it for this system. Although I am open to any suggestions that may fix this :)

EDIT: Would you prefer a page system like in forums? And if so would it be X members per page or X stats per page?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Thanks.

As for the Percentage of Money Donated it already shows how much Cash everyone has, all its doing is comparing it to the existing Town Treasury column. For the record this stat is based on money that isn't put in the bank.

I thought the % was the of all money donated to the treasury.

Any other percentage is an intrusion, I think. Besides being impossible to calculate just on the basis of cash anyway, which constantly moves btw pocket/bank/treasury/shops/dueling losses/injury losses.

Diggo11

Ok I'll change it to that then.

EDIT: Ok its now Percentage of Treasury Donations. So total amount donated divided by all money ever donated to the treasury. Total amount of money donated to the treasury may not be stored, but adding up all members total donations will give you that figure.

Last edited:

Diggo11

Ok peoples any more suggestions?

Gem says to get this to the polls it has to be "very refined" and have alot of player support.

DeletedUser363

I think the idea is very refined, and it seems like nobody is disagreeing with this idea so I think it's ready for a vote.

Diggo11

Ok a few things
  • Firstly I've added a new stat Percentage of Construction to compare to the Percentage of Treasury Donations.
  • Secondly I've decided to split the construction stats and the donation stats. You may think this as inconvenient and can't imagine how I'll fit it, but I've got it all in my head.
  • Thirdly stand by for some new mockups

DeletedUser

I like this idea. Anyone want to join my town on world 1. four vacent spots.

Diggo11

Ok I've developed a new look. I've increased the vertical length of the table to add a bar underneath with four buttons. (A similar bar is found in Town Hall>Construction; because of the increased length no viewing area is compromised.) These buttons change the stats displayed to full, basic (current stats), treasury and construction. A horizontal scroll bar is only necessary for full view. Check out the mock ups below:

User created images, resolution at 1024 by 768 pixels.
taxmoniter3nv3.jpg

This is showing the new look Basic view.
taxmoniter4gl8.jpg

This is showing the new look Construction view.

Well how do these ones compare to the old ones: solution, new problem or improvement?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I like it, but: without my having the ability to stop noobs from wasting my town's treasury by building without decent construction skills, it would be a form of mental torture, for me. Or is this something everyone would be able to see? (Since first reading the earlier parts of this thread, I've forgotten which has been proposed.) If I'm the only one who can see it, then it's still up to me to nag the noobs and harangue them with explanations. If everyone can see it then it will mostly explain itself, and my job will be easy.

DeletedUser1105

Excellent work once again Diggo.

Luap, I assume this would be available to everyone in the town, much like the current view.

Diggo11

Yeah just the same as it is now to make it easier for the developers, unless you have thought of a reason to do otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.