Suggestion to change class rules

DeletedUser

It is clear there are 2 types of class the peaceful and the Violent. Most players that want a peaceful game of town building and quests would choose a peaceful class. Where warmongers that want to play the west like a version of Tribal wars will choose the Violent classes.

I suggest that peaceful classes are exempt from dueling and only violent classes can duel each other.

This will mean that both types of players can enjoy the game with the style of play they prefer. Just like the already in place system you can't swap classes to cheat and attack and hide under a peaceful class.

DeletedUser

I dont have any interest at the moment in dueling but i realize that someone can decide to dual me whether i like it or not so i have been putting all my money into the town... im a scardy cat haha

DeletedUser

So if an adventurer (not uncommon) or builder (less common, but not unknown) wants to duel, what then? They can't, or they can but a dueler or soldier can't retaliate? What does the builder do when his town is completely built, quit?

You might find this game more to your taste: http://www.west-hugs.net/

DeletedUser

Jesse and Frank James
Billy the kid
Butch and Sundance

they didn't only target soldiers or other outlaws they preyed on the folks who made an honest living......If you wanted to be left in peace you best remove yourself far away from the rest of civilization stick to high ground with good sightlines and have a few folks who are decent shots (and pray they don't turn on you.)

Translation: if you want to live in ultimate safety go play Sim City

DeletedUser

The point really is a player that wants to do the quests and the work they need to spread out their skills making them rubbish at dueling. As serial Duelist pick on that kind of player for easy xp and cash its not much fun to work for 2 hrs to lose all the money and xp each time they attack you each hr. That to me makes the game really boring as everyone will have to choose the dueling classes and fight all the time, which is just tribal wars with a new skin.

DeletedUser

A peaceful class like builder can't duel ever, there is enough quests to keep the peaceful players amused and towns once built can always move to another to build up. After all the builders might not duel but they help supply the duelers of their town.

When you choose your class its forever already so wouldn't be much different in that respect. But if you want to duel then choose a class where you can.

DeletedUser

but people like to build too. All the game is then accessable to all players except dueling. I think thats a more fair and balanced game to provide enjoyment for all.

or are you fighters not liking the idea cause it takes away your easy targets and makes your game a little more challenging?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

as for me if I want a safe game play sim city, why not if you want an all violent war game you go and play Tribal wars??

DeletedUser

Most of my accounts adventurers, with one worker, no duelers and soldiers. The worker is 0-12 and you know what? I don't care! It doesn't affect my from doing jobs or building whatsoever. You know how much money they've taken from me? Zero. If I were to get KO'ed I'd sleep to get back my energy and get a break from worrying about protecting my cash. If I'm getting harassed, it's my town's duelers and soldiers responsibility to retaliate.

Dueling is a part of the game.

DeletedUser

If you really want to specialize like that, then it should be that workers can only build and do jobs, adventurers can't join towns, duelers can only attack each other or soldiers and soldiers can only defend. That way, everybody would hate the game and quit, and they could start over from scratch rebuilding this game as it is.

DeletedUser

but if u are constantly harassed and lose all your xp you get from jobs then you don't get anywhere. Not everyone has duelers to retaliate. and with most the harrassers taking advantage of a system loophole it not matter if you town dueler can win easily cause they won't be able to retaliate.

DeletedUser

No. Any class can be a combatant according on your skill allocation.

DeletedUser

I have 2 adventurers (one specced for dueling, one for trapping), 1 worker and 1 soldier. My worker gets attacked all the time because we are in a war. I don't care. We've been in a war for a month now and they have taken less than $60 in a month. It's not about the character class, its about the player.

My worker will switch over to dueling when my town is done being built. My adventurer will switch over to dueling when they are done doing all the quests. After all, what is left to do once the town is built and the quests are done. If you limit a classes options on what they can and can not do you are limiting game play for everyone.

As you said, if you don't want to play a game where you will be attacked go play Sim City. I don't understand how anyone can join a game based on the old west and not expect dueling to be a part of it.

Your idea isn't new and it is a whine disguised as an idea. Post in the Dueling sticky thread if that's all you got or simply play a different game.

but if u are constantly harassed and lose all your xp you get from jobs then you don't get anywhere. Not everyone has duelers to retaliate. and with most the harrassers taking advantage of a system loophole it not matter if you town dueler can win easily cause they won't be able to retaliate.

What are you talking about? What loophole? The West is based on all these classes working together. If you don't have capable fighters in your town to protect you that is not every one elses fault. Duelers and Soldiers protect the town, Workers build, Adventurers bring in cash and help protect the town. All of these classes can do other things as well, they aren't just limited to those roles. It's all in how you spec. You don't lose xp from jobs. You lose 1/3 of your cash from jobs and thats only if you don't bank it regularly. Again, not every one elses fault, that would be your fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just tell me what a builder is supposed to do when his town is maxed under your suggestion, because quitting seems to be the only option.

DeletedUser

If you really want to specialize like that, then it should be that workers can only build and do jobs, adventurers can't join towns, duelers can only attack each other or soldiers and soldiers can only defend. That way, everybody would hate the game and quit, and they could start over from scratch rebuilding this game as it is.

not at all, they already had the system in place a long time ago with longhorns immune to dueling.

the violent classes can do everything in the game the workers choose the restriction as how they want to play. Other than taking away your easy targets your game would be no different. Infact it might make it more enjoyable as duelists would be more challenging.

DeletedUser

Lllllllol. You obviously have never played as a soldier or dueler. They fight each other all the time. Any soldier or dueler that only picks on worker classes soon finds themselves townless because that is how wars start. Most towns don't encourage the targeting of workers. Plus it is more challenging to hit another soldier or dueler. Workers get hit if they are worth lots of xp or are a cashcow. Bank your money.

DeletedUser

Just tell me what a builder is supposed to do when his town is maxed under your suggestion, because quitting seems to be the only option.

builders can all in the game except duel. People already got into multiple town groups, they move to a new town to build. to extend their groups influence. The duelers in their group can have more array of equipment.

DeletedUser

Lllllllol. You obviously have never played as a soldier or dueler. They fight each other all the time. Any soldier or dueler that only picks on worker classes soon finds themselves townless because that is how wars start. Most towns don't encourage the targeting of workers. Plus it is more challenging to hit another soldier or dueler. Workers get hit if they are worth lots of xp or are a cashcow. Bank your money.

I bank my money all the time, so money is not my issue. XP I can't bank. But from a mail I got from a player recently suggests towns leaders tell their members to attack anyone to win. infact that player attacked all the workers in my town about 10 times in 1 day.

DeletedUser

Who is going to populate those towns? You are ridiculous. There are maxed out towns now that don't have enough members to fill them to capacity. Builders will quit. You really are just whining at this point and haven't said anything others have said before. Know what? Their ideas didn't go through either because it changes the game too much.

NoWhinerZone.jpg