SOD - good, or point *****s?

DeletedUser

I agree with Dickel and Russki and a few others...point***** has no meaning in this place...it is a roleplaying game...there really is no "competition" between towns even, yes, sod has a system that truly works...I have no problem with that and by the time we reach world 5, many groups will be emulating it....I just wish that I had an organized group of people that would work together as a team for me to join...lol...just kidding, I have a good group...just not to this level yet...

DeletedUser

hm.

SOD's top 2 members both have a Club as a weapon.

"It's ok, we'll just buy a better gunsmith."

Not that simple, constructing gets you no money, and no item finding. So for weapons, you're screwed.
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=30950#post30950

um, haven't you got a clue yet?

why would constructors and workers ever care about duels?

Also constructors are easier to make both money and experience points

than others from variety of works.

ex building bridges, windmills, railroad stations, carving out claims and others.

Two top members you mentioned donated over $2300 so far.

Yeah they sure gets no money I guess. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ex building bridges, windmills, railroad stations, carving out claims and others.

workers don't get as much money as you think....

building a bridge: 17%
building windmills: 23%
build railroad station: 9%
carving out claims: 31%

Except carving out claims, workers get so-so on money there are better jobs out there that give more money than workers.

DeletedUser

It must be really interesting to come from another world with a bunch of people you already know and played with, where each member has a specific role - the builders, the duelers, the money makers - where everything is tested already from previous experience, where the build plan is optimized and only the people specializing fully in construction build. To completely dominate the server where those silly bunch of newbs who don't even have premium try to build their towns from scrap, recruiting players, working out what to build best, finding what the best jobs/quests/items are. Who needs this when you've got most of it figured out already?
The only thing I don't understand is how we can possibly speak of someone being 'good' here? Even a monkey can put skill points where told, do the jobs told and donate money/build town. Good is when you defend against hundreds of attacks in tw, breaking trains and shifting defence. Here you just have to know your **** - what jobs are the best, what skills are the best, what town buildings better than others. And if you have a group of people who know this, then you can create a town that will rip everyone apart. So good job guys, you learned it well.

Now to the sad part. I'd have no problem with it - this is a game and we all have our fun - for some people its working with new people, trying different character builds and town builds, for others its being rank 1, hoarding all the good players (thereby eliminating any sort of competition) and bragging about it.
Today I got a mail from zaksim31, please give him a hand as the first stupid and arrogant person I met in this game. He mailed me today, accusing me that a member of mine attacked their builders and left the tribe (a cunning plan), and that they will proceed to attack our builders as well. Now I do not know where he got that information as Billy Clanton (the player mentioned) was never in my town. Moreover, the threats of attack sounded silly because 2 SOD members already attacked my town previously. I would gladly paste the mail here so we can all have a laugh at stupidity coupled with arrogance and really bad grammar, but I deleted it because it hurt my eyes.

That is the end of my rant, good day SOD and please continue to 'pwn'.

ps. The term point***** doesn't really apply to this game.

First of all I admire all the guys above level 20. They are really good at this game and know the system well. And of course they are lucky, too :)
About SOD.... they have a path to follow in this game and they are doing that way.We can complain but that is not worth. If someone has a problem or simply just envy, attack them. Duel them all the time and that is all.
I agree with russki because he knows what is he talking about. Only the weak are complaining the strong never, they will attack ASAP.
No need for "global flaming" against one town without any reasons. I like this game and I am improving my character. I do not care about other town's point because I'm wandering the prairie....
So continue the life and enjoy the game!

DeletedUser

workers don't get as much money as you think....

building a bridge: 17%
building windmills: 23%
build railroad station: 9%
carving out claims: 31%

Except carving out claims, workers get so-so on money there are better jobs out there that give more money than workers.

WOW you know what I think? :p

Workers get money as much as I think which is enough to build up SOD so far.

Saying 'except' doesn't prove anything.

DeletedUser

Calm down man, I was never insulting SOD.

You guys were smart about building up your residents giving you guys 43 people.

DeletedUser

Very true... I find it very annoying that so many other town founders are stupid enough not to do the same thing...

And also true... Sawa calm the hell down. haha :p

DeletedUser

Very true... I find it very annoying that so many other town founders are stupid enough not to do the same thing...

And also true... Sawa calm the hell down. haha :p

I'm one of the "annoying town founders that stupid enough not to do the same thing"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

why would constructors and workers ever care about duels?

Two top members you mentioned donated over $2300 so far.

Yeah they sure gets no money I guess. :D

Your right, 2300 wow. That's like 104.5$ per level! No, look at world 1, for level 22 that really is small.

You seem to think constructing is plain sailing, once again you logic is poor. Morale. 1 strong day of building can put your morale way down in the 80s or 70s. That's a 2 day wait before you can construct as well. Sure there are other jobs, but for a constructor you want to be near the town at all times. So it's likely you'll have 3 good jobs going. And morale is poor then too, laborer bonus or not.

DeletedUser

Your right, 2300 wow. That's like 104.5$ per level! No, look at world 1, for level 22 that really is small.

You seem to think constructing is plain sailing, once again you logic is poor. Morale. 1 strong day of building can put your morale way down in the 80s or 70s. That's a 2 day wait before you can construct as well. Sure there are other jobs, but for a constructor you want to be near the town at all times. So it's likely you'll have 3 good jobs going. And morale is poor then too, laborer bonus or not.

it is quiet funny to see someone talking about 'logic' to us when he hasn't prove anything.

here is the real funny part.

'look at world 1, for level 22 that really is small.'

HAHAHAHAH

DeletedUser

Times are good for workers atm, look further down the jobs list though...

I think earning capacity is more down to lvl and the player than class. SOD's strategy isn't neccessarily good for others, they got a flying start and were pre-formed(?) other towns will have different strategies according to their positions and possibilities. If we all could and did use SOD's strategy then a town coming up with a strategy to counter it would probably win out.

Luckily we are far enoungh away not to have the SODs on our radar :)

DeletedUser

it is quiet funny to see someone talking about 'logic' to us when he hasn't prove anything.

here is the real funny part.

'look at world 1, for level 22 that really is small.'

HAHAHAHAH

You back up your disagreement with what?

DeletedUser

You back up your disagreement with what?

This is the worst 'debate' I've ever heard! The point is that as you gain levels you get better paid jobs, so you can't divide contributions by the number of levels. And we all know about morale, that's why SOD have so many constructors, so they don't have to worry so much about morale (amongst other reasons;))