Sector Capitols

DeletedUser

As I wrote in JM's new idea for capitals, I prefer this one but feel county capitals here lack direct competition in game. I would like to see them compete somehow through building levels or town quests for political power, I don't know how exactly this would work (I fear my near total ignorance of American history would make any model of mine for how political power would manifest in game rather inapt).

DeletedUser

Not only does the idea lack competition, it tries to eliminate competition.

My idea makes the Capital City the ultimate competition.

I like the political power idea, George. I tried to bring this in with sheriffs; however, more could be done. Perhaps, if the owners of the Capital City are the benevolent type, they could outlaw dueling between the players of their square. Of course, outsiders could still hit, but we could hit back at the outsiders who transgress our boarders. This would really turn it into a government theme.

This should not be taken to mean that the towns in a square cannot rebel against the ruling town and try to take a forts (and ultimately the Capital City) from them. Revolution! Competition!

DeletedUser1105

I don't think this game will (or should) take a political route. eRepublik caters for that.

Politics would make this game a completely different game, and not one I would like to play.

As to this capital city idea, I have my own view on it which I'll share when I get time to think it through some more and type it up. It's definately an interesting theory.