saloon expansion

DeletedUser

ok so this is an idea on the german forum which i seen today when i went on it for the first time.

the idea is i think is to have levels of saloon.

so at level 1 you have henr, maya, john and waupee

level 2 bigger saloon and another barman/maid and they now offer quests which were not accessable before and they are of a higher difficulty

my idea is that with this it is an easy way to bring poker into the gaqme by having poker tables installed when you level up the saloon and you could add other things such as bar fights

the only problem with the top idea is that it would be unfair for non town members so how would they be able to do those quests?

DeletedUser

it would be a reason for them to join a town. they wouldn't be able to do the quests. simple as that. sucks for them.

DeletedUser

i dont think it is as simple as that end of perhaps if they visit a town with the saloon but then that qould make me want to just go and visit rank 1's town for the saloon just for the quest :( any ideas

DeletedUser

Expanding saloon for more npc's and quest... hmm if that is what you're saying, thumbs up.

Also, would encourage people into joining towns, and would add another structure to add levels to in the point race for #1 town.

DeletedUser

Entry fee

Non town members could pay to enter the saloon and so get access to the quests.

DeletedUser

i like the idea of them having to pay more money for the town :)
but it wouldnt have to be much say $1 each level the saloon goes up

DeletedUser

seems like this idea kind of got the go ahead but i dont know if they seen this one but i would still like the higher levels of saloon cause rihgt now i donr use it except for quests and its the same with post

DeletedUser

the idea is i think is to have levels of saloon.

so at level 1 you have henr, maya, john and waupee

level 2 bigger saloon and another barman/maid and they now offer quests which were not accessable before and they are of a higher difficulty

Is this EVERY town's saloon, or would it depend on which
row/column your town is ?
Having all the possible characters in your own town would
make it all too easy..

I think this 'idea' is great..
But wouldn't it be more fun if each row/column added a
different character on leveling up the saloon ?
It would make for better quests to actually Travel to certain
towns to accept different kinds of jobs..

But then another question pops up..
What NEW characters would there be ?
As you only mentioned one..
:indian:

DeletedUser5046

the only problem with the top idea is that it would be unfair for non town members so how would they be able to do those quests?

be involve in a town

or

sleep twice on a certain town per quest.

[[by te way..we missed yah master^^]]

DeletedUser

instead of paying a fee to enter, how bout when u pay, u're buying everyone a drink? thus everyone welcomes you in, unless u r gonna attack some1 in which case everyone wont help u

sure on it if there r more quest. quests keeps this game alive

DeletedUser

I don't really like the idea, but I'd live with it I suppose.

I don't like a lot of the ideas that come up here on the Forum either,
but at least I reserve my thoughts and comments.. it keeps some of the
users occupied to dream about this stuff..
:indian:

DeletedUser

i think the idea of havng it so that it s different people in each row would be good. but i think that the only problem is would be what is to stop from leaving my town to go to another one which is s ay level 5 instead of 2 and getting the other quests? i think that it should be that you pay a fee to see them like the drink idea or you get a tip off and go and see them on the map somewhere like.

thanks for buying me that drink, now you said you were needing some work well i know a guy who used to be a cowboy that needs some work needing done maybe you should go and see him.

Red Falcon

This sounds like a pretty good idea. And as far as getting non town members to join towns, there could be a fee to use the saloon. Like for level 1-$10. For level 2-$20. For level 3-$30. And the saloon should only go up to level 5. And each higher level of the saloon should offer higher level quests. This offers something for players of all levels!

DeletedUser

i think that seems like the way it would work i mean people do pay for the hotels do i think fees would be ok. good to se poeple agree with me

Red Falcon

Right! And let's say that level 1 saloons offer quests for level 10 players, level 2 saloons have quests for level 20 players and so on.

DeletedUser

nah i think it would be like level one how it is

level 2 though has mroe people come in as it is a bigger saloon with more to do but like how it is just now you unlock these quests now when you reach a certain level.

so like you could have a level 5 saloon but then one of the people that came at level 2 gives you a new quest at level 30 does that make sense

Red Falcon

Well, it could also go like this: Level 1 Saloon for level 1 to 10 quests. Level 2 Saloon for level 11 to 20 quests, and so on.

DeletedUser

The whole idea isn't bad, and Red Falcon's additions are actually pretty good. The other suggestion that would probably make me quit is if this idea was implemented without the suggestion that non-residents be allowed to pay to visit the saloon. If it seems unrealistic, you just have to add that only paying customers are allowed to enter the saloon...assuming they aren't just planning on shooting someone in the town, which is perfectly acceptable.