Rise of the Sentinels

• Thread starter DeletedUser28032
  • Start date

DeletedUser28032

Kaella
The blade rasped noisliy as kaella hauled the heavy sword from the scabbard that hung over her shoulder, the blade far too long to hang at her waist without tripping her.
Looking about in the ensuing chaos Kaella realised that very soon the entire camp would disintegrate in the ensuing melee, even now the individual warlords were fighting amongst each other, using the general confusion and poor light to settle old scores.
"Dashel take two men and go find Ben, Cesare i want you to follow me" she called, raising her voice over the din of the battle.
With a single nod of understanding Dashel quickly picked two of his scouts before going in search of Ben, Cesare on the other hand began to speak in protest over being ordered around like some common soldier only to find that Kaella had already disappeared into the tent using the same method of entry as Galen had only a few moments before.
------------------------------------
Dashel
The three scouts swiftly moved through the camp, effortlessly avoiding the pockets of fighting men scattered throughout the camp.
"There he is!" a scout called, his gloved hand shooting out to indicate the Sentinel moments before bringing down the tent behind him in an attempt to lose his pursuers only to find himself tangled in amongst the falling canvas with them.
"Come on men! have at them!" Daashel called drawing the hatchet from his belt as he tore across the open ground to meet the small group of confused Jazdec as they battled to free themselves from the chaos that Ben already free of the tent had wrought.
The hatchet fell with a meaty thwack! into the nearest Jazdec's head easily splitting the crude leather helmet that its owner wore, two more fell to the scouts blades before they even realised what was happening and then things got really interesting.
-----------------------------------------
Lucien
Side stepping the dicapitated corpse of a Talamh guard Lucien made his way towards the back of the tent in an almost sedate manner, the men around him paying him not the slightest bit of attention as they fought one another within the confined space of the tent.
Descending upon the treasure piled at the back of the tent Lucien quickly began tossing the precious gifts aside as if they were mere trash as he searched out the item that he desired finding it nestled beneath a hand crossbow he vaguely recgonised as Busana's, a gift from the ill fated red plume who was currently rotting out in the woods behind them.
pocketing the small golden item Lucien turned to leave just as Kaella and the others began to enter via the servants entrance only to have the Isolla's delicate fingers descend upon his wrist like a vice "We had a deal Lucien the key is mine! now get me out of here" Lucien sneered at the princess, a mere girl in a pretty dress....he had no time for such people "I don't have to do anything our deal is no more!....Now go back to your husband my lady" he spoke, spitting the last line with such venom that Isolla all but recoiled from him in fright.
With the fighting rapidly drawing to a close as the Sentinels descended upon the already depleted numbers within the tent, Lucien struck his former mistress with his daggers hilt smiling upon hearing the satisfying crunching of bone before finally disappearing into the night.
---------------------------------------------
Matheld
Rubbing her eye with heel of her hand, Matheld resigned herself to the fact that the mage wasn't going to give her any information on what he was doing in the mountains "very well have your way then.... but tell me what do you know of arcane burns? I ask because my mistress may very well be in need of your aid" she asked a look of genuine concern passing over her face.
Suddenly the sound of many voices began echoing off of the mountains from the direction of the village and getting louder by the minute "I think it best if we were to be away from here....I very much doubt i can take them all in a fight"

Deleted User - 819397

Mark could tell there was truly something wrong with Busana from Matheld's expression. Licking his lips and glancing at the village for signs of the soon-to-be attackers, he said, "Perhaps we could work together to acheive our aims. I trust that the burn is not life-threatening?" At a quick shake of Matheld's head, he quickly pressed on. "Good...arcane burns won't fester like normal burns, but neither will they heal properly without magical interference." He proceeded to describe the path to the castle he was heading towards. "Have Busana meet me there...I can delay a few days if needbe...I don't even know for sure how long it'll take me to find what I'm looking for so I may need all that time anyway. I'll see to her then. Sound good?"

DeletedUser

Galen weaved his way through the last few fighting warlords and ducked as a severed head was thrown in his direction, stopping to look around he saw that the fighting in the tent was all but ended, aside from a few pairs of dueling warlords, Kaella had entered tent and was soon followed by Cesare.
Galen turned back, his eyes scanned the tent, next to a pile of scattered wedding gifts Isolla lay unconcious, earing the same white dress that she had been wearing when Galen and Ben infiltrated Tristan's camp only two nights ago.
"Kaella! over here!" he yelled, gesturing at Isolla's body.

DeletedUser31931

Ben swore as he saw Dashel and the scouts enter the tent as it collapsed. He sliced an opening and grabbed Dashel by the shirt and dragged him out. He did the same with the two men. "Come on!" he said "That won't hold them for long." and he sheathed his sword and set off at a run with the others following. He soon arrived at the tent where they had been a few minutes ago. He saw the hole in the side and rushed in. Galen and Kaella where in there, as was Isolla who was unconscious. Ben thanked heaven for small mercies. He ran over and muttered a spell. Hopefully that would keep her unconscious for a while longer. He ripped off a piece of cloth from his shirt and gagged her with it. "There we go" he muttered to himself "That should immobilise your magic for a while." He stood up and turned round. "So then." he asked beginning to smile. "How was your day?"

DeletedUser28032

Matheld
She peered anxiously towards the bend in the track from where the mob would emerge as she listened to Mark's proposal. It was from what she would have preferred, but she was far too weary to argue the point and with the sound of a fast approaching enemy she felt it best if neither of them lingered "Very well mage i'll meet you outside your castle....now you had best run a dead mage is of no use to me" she called just as the first group of men began to round the bend she had been watching intently.
None of the fur clad barbarians had seemed to have noticed the two of them stood talking on the track, so with a little luck and a lot of haste Matheld felt confident enough of losing them as she turned to sprint back down the track, leaping over the two bodies as she went, once again leaving Mark to his own devices.
-------------------------------------
Lucien
Once out of the camp, Lucien took his time, leading his horse along a game trail, the sounds of battle getting quieter as he travelled deeper and deeper into the tree's.
He'd found the trail the other night after the two would be assassin's had fled the scene of their failed crime and although at the time he'd suspected one of them to be his beloved he hadn't lingered long...he'd had more important things to do and so the assassins had escaped.
An owl screeched overhead causing the assassin to pause, his eyes searching for a glimpse of it, he liked owls....both silent and deadly much like himself in that respect.
He carried on walking, the pale white light of the moon providing him with just enough light to see where he was headed without causing any unnecessary noise. it was as he was passing a lightning blasted tree that the paranoid desire to check the item suddnly came over him, after all these were very powerful people he was working for, what if he'd taken the wrong item?
Stopping beneath the scarred and blackened limbs of the tree Lucien dug around in pockets before finally finding it, the intricate golden designs almost seemed to glow in the pale light of the moon.
Sighing with relief Lucien replaced the item in his pocket before carrying on down the track where he hoped to meet up with the rest of crew before carrying on to meet with his clients in the Winterlands beyond.
----------------------------------------------
Kaella
Chaos....that was the only way Kaella could describe the tents interior, the lavish furnishings and decorations now stained by the scattered remanants of the feast and drenched in the blood of those who had died within.
in the centre of the room stood the Khal, his Arakh flashing in the torchlight as he fought both Talamh and Jazdec alike.
"He's mine" Cesare called as he began to stride towards the warlord with sword in hand, Kaella was just about to call something the Ascenti general when Galen pointed towards the white clad form of the princess. Rushing over to her side Kaella bent down to see if she was still breathing, a great sigh of relief escaping her lungs as she heard the deep and regualr breaths of the princess "We need to get her of here...Galen cover my exit.....oh and make sur that idiot doesn't get himself killed" she said almost spitting the last part as she nodded head towards Cesare just as he began his deadly duel with Khal Rhayder.

DeletedUser

Galen nodded in reply, he stood up and pulled a knife out of his belt with his left hand, he strode over to where Cesare and Khal Ryder were dueling, Galen waited for an oppotunity to strike, all he needed was Khal Ryder to turn his back for a few seconds, and Galen could strike him in the back of his head with the knife, and run him through with his sword. Galen looked back over his shoulder to see Kaella and Ben moving the princess,turning back, Galen saw that his oppotunity had come.
time to deal with Khal Ryder once and for all.

(OOC: Regal i seem to have a glitch, every time i post in here on Windows it gives me a random icon, and i can't seem to get rid of it. can you fix it?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 819397

(Tiger, that image setup seems to be the one thing I can't edit...sorry :()
Mark quickly hurried away, knowing that footprints would be a problem. Once he was far enough away that being sighted became a minimal threat, he turned to the small hills covered in snow and fired a small bolt of energy at each one, using his newfound magical ability. The blasts each hill to dump its reservoir of snow onto his and Matheld's footprints, erasing them. He then turned and continued on his way...if Oberon's path description was accurate, he'd be at the castle soon.

DeletedUser28032

The Castle
It loomed out of the darkness like a broken tooth, high, sheer cliffs towered either side of the path as it led the lone traveller towards the giant gates before him.
He'd outrun the mountain men easily, losing them in amongst the caves and twisting paths that covered the mountains like the tributaries of a river.
The gates were around twenty feet high and flanked by a pair of giant stone carved statues, both depicting stony faced warriors about whose necks hung the same symbol that hung about the travellers own. The doors the were made of sturdy hard wood and studded with iron, a giant iron cross running from floor to keystone with the doors seam running down the cross' vertical and upon the horizontal in large faded gothic text was the legend Enter He of Faith.
------------------------------------------------
Cesare
Arakh met longsword with a mighty crash as the two warriors danced and fought within the confines of the tent, those foolish enough to either intervene or simply get in the way were cut down with ruthless efficiency.
Using every strategy and dirty trick he possessed Cesare battled against Khal Rhayder with a ferocity akin to the Chasind savages far to the north, never before in all his life as a soldier had he met such a worthy opponent the slaying of whom bringing honour and glory to both himself and his household...Cesare, the man who slayed the chosen one.
Out of the corner of his eye watched as Galen skulked on the periphery of the battle, he'd already dived in once hoping stab the Khal in the back only to have received a back hand blow to the side of his head from the Khal and a snarl from him, no mere thief was going to steal his glory.
-----------------------------------------------
Kaella
The princess weighed next to nothing as she and Ben dragged her white clad body out into the night. A pounding of feet suddenly came from behind a nearby tent causing the two Sentinels to draw their weapons fully expecting a horde of Jazdec warriors to come pouring out the darkness towards them only to find themselves face to face with Dashel and his remaining scouts "By the gods Dashel we could have killed you" Kaella snapped returning her blade back to its scabbard "You could have tried my lady...you could have tried....Where’s Cesare? I thought he was with you?"
"He was but we left him fighting the Khal...We needed to get the princess out of there…we had no choice" Kaella explained using the princess as an excuse for their apparent abandonment of the man’s brother, an edge of panic entering her voice.
“Oh gods there’s a huge mob them heading towards the tent…he’ll be trapped” with his cloak flapping out behind him like the wings of a bat Dashel turned and ran back into the feasting tent where his brother and the Khal were currently doing battle only moments before the Jazdec burst in from the opposite side.

DeletedUser

Galen looked up as the Jazdec burst into the tent. "Cesare, kill him quickly!" Galen yelled as he ran over to the Jazdecs, engaging one of them in combat, Galen parried a blow before bringing his knife up, stabbing it into the side of the man's throat. quickly Galen pushed the knife in further and twisted it around, enlarging the wound.
he withdrew the knife and just had time to look up as a Jazdec brute cannoned into him, sending him flying back into the remains of one of the feasting tables.

DeletedUser31931

Ben saw Galen fly into a table and swore. "Take the princess, I'll be back in a minute." he ran in grabbing Galen and pulled him out of the tent. He drew his bow and shot a jazdec man just as he went to stab Cesare. "You go!" he shouted to Kaella "Get the princess out of camp, make sure you hit her hard on the head at various intervals to stop her from waking up. I'll make sure they don't follow you and then come after you as well!" And with that he shot two men in the heart with a double shot. He put away his bow and drew his sword. Then screaming an old war cry of terrifying magic. All the warriors were paralysed for a couple seconds. He ran and aimed sword at Khal Ryder's heart. Time to end this for once and for all.

DeletedUser28032

Cesare
The Khal's Arakh whirled round with lightning fast speed easily parrying the blatant lunge for his chest a large grin spread accross his face as he swung his weapon downwards in an unstoppable killing blow.
Ben's eyes visibly widened upon realising what was about to happen only to receive a blow to the side of his head from Cesare knocking him out of the way but catching the Ascenti general on the arm instead, the heavy curved blade all but severing his arm at the elbow.
Cesare screamed in agony as he dropped to his knee's, blood pouring from teh wound he'd sustained.
Swinging his blade in slow deliberate circles about his wrist Khal Rhayder stepped over the wounded man and headed towards Ben who had managed to regain his footing "You i will fight next...i just hope you are as enjoyable as he was" the Khal said in heavily accented common tongue, his voice a guttaral growl.
Meanwhile the Jazdec warriors surged around their leader and his chosen victim knowing that to interfere would mean certain death, instead choosing to engage both Dashel and Galen who had been driven to the back of the tent by sheer weight of numbers.
"We have to get my brother out of here!" Dashel shouted his eyes seemingly glued to his brother who was currently slumped on the ground his skin turning pale and waxy with blood loss yet still the Jazdec kept coming towards them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaella
With the two remaining scouts in tow Kaella half dragged half carried the unconcious princess out of the camp, horde's of Jazdec warrior streamed by oblivious to their presence as the fought to escape, rumours of defeat out in the hills passed from frightened mouth to frightened mouth like wildfire helping to fuel the panic.
Kaella idly wondered how much of it was true as she headed out in the open plains beyond the camp hoping that the others would be alright without her yet knowing that what she was doing was necessary after all retrieving the princess had been their one and only mission, they'd already lost enough people in order achieve this so she wasn't about to let her be taken away from her now.

DeletedUser

Galen stood, next to Dashel, sword in hand, his vision was still a little blurry from when he had been thrown into the table, but he could see that Khal Ryder was fighting Ben, and Cesare was wounded, and that the Jazdecs coming towards them were very angry.
"We have to get my brother out of here!" Dashel shouted.
"hold them, i'll try and get him out of the tent!" Galen yelled as he ran forwards, he sliced through a Jazdec to his left.
he continued advancing, slicing through any Jazdec's that got in his way, suddenly all of his breath was knocked out of him as a Jazdec barreled into his side.
now on the ground, with the Jazdec on top of him, Galen was suffocating, taking a deep breath he pulled his arms up and got his sword to the back of the Jazdec's throat.
Galen started sawing through the Jazdec's neck, the man screamed in pain.
a few seconds later the Jazdec was dead, and Galen realised he was in an even worse positon, he was trapped under a heavy Jazdec in a tent full of Jazdecs.
with all his strength Galen tried to get out from underneath the corpse, but he couldn't make it all the way. his legs were still trapped.
great. looked like he was going to die, with his lower limbs stuck under a corpse.

Deleted User - 819397

Mark approached the castle with a sense of awe. Here was a testament to an age lost...he would have loved to just be able to study its infrastructure and the like for a while, but he had a job to do. He found a way into the ruin, and began his search.
(really not much for me to add at the moment.)

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: I'm now going to ask your permission to kill off Khal Ryder. Don't do it for me, I want to do the post myself)
As Khal Ryder advanced on Ben his head cleared. He saw his enemy approaching and drew his sword. After Ryder had spoken Ben snarled "Well, he wasn't much of a fight. However you're now in for a surprise." With that he charged towards Ryder and their blades met. He used every manoeuvre he knew and quickly gained ground. He took blow after blow many years of practice both as a raider and as a sentinel had strengthened him and made him one of the best blades-men that existed in the land. He pushed Ryder back and began to close in preparing for the final blow.

DeletedUser28032

Dashel
The hatchet buried itself deep into the mans skull, as Dashel fended off teh Jazdec warriors around him.
In the centre of the tent Ben was doing battle with the Khal, the clash of their blades echoing around the confines of the tent as they did their best to kill one another. Meanwhile Galen had disappeared from view entirely leaving the Ascenti scout by himself with the cries of his brother in his ears.
A break in the crowd of people revealed the fallen thief trapped beneath a corpse, a precarious place to be considering their current location.
Smashing the handle of his hatchet into a mans face, Dashel made himself a hole through which to slip through as he made his way towards the stranded thief.
"ok Galen I've got you" Dashel shouted heaving the mail clad corpse from off of his legs before heading for his brother who was growing weaker by the minute.
Placing Cesares one good arm about his shoulder Dashel managed to lift his brothers armoured body from off of the ground although he had to leave his weapon behind in the process "I am sorry Galen I can't stay any longer...I have to get Cesare out of here" he shouted, heading towards the small door through which they'd entered, the Jazdecs having discovered the pile of wedding presents were currently distracted as they fought each other for the choicer bits allowing Dashel to slip out unmolested.
--------------------------------------
The Castle
The giant heavy doors moved slowly inwards as he heaved against them, the fading daylight revealing a long high ceilnged corridor lined with yet more statues identical to the ones either side of the door bearing the device of his religion upon their weatherworn shields.
At the far end of the corridor hidden in the gloom, the mage could just about make out the shape of a door at the far end, perhaps what he sought lay behind it?

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: Permission was granted. Here goes.)

Ben slashed at Khal, they had been fighting for a couple of minutes now and he now knew this, he was a better swordsman but Khal had a higher endurance. Ben knew this had to end soon or he would die. He desperately thrusted at Ryder's heart but Khal spun his sword and disarmed Ben. Ben's sword flew behind Ryder out of Ben's reach. As Khal advanced Ben lashed out with a foot and smashed Ryder in his manlihood (incorrect spelling I know). Ryder staggered back and Ben drew a dagger from his belt and leapt in for the kill. Ryder smashed an arm up just in time flipping Ben over him. Ben landed and slid a meter or two. He stood up and jumped and rolled, grabbing his sword. He rolled between Ryder's legs and stabbed up. His sword slid through the left leg in a thrust piercing through the flesh. The sword came out again and Ben stood up as Ryder fell to the floor, left leg no longer able to support his weight. Ben strode forward. "For Ragnar" he said and brought his sword down on Ryder's neck, piercing his Adams apple. Ryder's body relaxed as he died, Ben turned. Thirty furious men stood in front of him. Ben swore. Then he drew his sword and cleaved the top of the tent open with it, to the astonishment of the soldiers, they all charged at once and Ben jumped grabbing onto a loose piece of cloth. Once again he thanked the years he had spent training building up his muscles. He muttered a short spell and all the warriors within five meters of him fell back, stunned. He dropped down and ran to Galen, he dragged Galen to his feet and together they ran outside, now it was time to link up with Kaella.

DeletedUser

(OOC: Zem, may i point out that Dashel already pulled the corpse off me?)

Galen ran alongside Ben through the endless mass of tents. eventually they reached the open ground, Jazdec soldiers were running past them, fleeing from the Ascenti.
Kaella was nowhere to be seen, perhaps she'd already linked up with the Ascenti tribes? and where were Dashel and Cesare? the last he'd seen of them was Dashel hauling them out by their entrance route.
it wasn't long before Galen had to stop, trying to breathe. he pulled off his mouthguard, helping the airflow. Ben hadn't noticed, and was still running.
"oi! Ben, I'm hardly built for athletics. give me a bloody chance to breathe!" he said, each word a challenge.

DeletedUser28032

End of Chapter one

The Castle
His footsteps echo down the long dusty corridor as he approaches the door at the far end, his very breath sounding far too loud in this long deserted bastion.
Placing his hands upon the heavy wooden door, adorned with an iron crucifix in its centre Mark pushes it open with the squealing of poorly oiled hinges to reveal a junction.
To his left there is a set of stairs leading up to what must have been an upper story once upon a time only to be blocked by fallen rubble. To his right a similar corridor to the one he'd just walked disappeared into the darkness beyond, its floor littered with yet more rubble although if he desired he could probably pick his way through it, which just left the half open door opposite him.
Peering through the half open doorway Mark found himself staring into a large circular room, a hole in the roof adequately revealing the statues ringing the walls interspersed by the giant pillars that held the remains of the roof in place, and there it in the very centre of the room stood a single stone altar upon which stood a small wooden box could this be what he has been searching for?
Moving cautioulsy across the centuries old flagstones made treacherous made rubble and snow from the open ceiling he approaches the altar his heart pounding within his chest as he draws closer to it. The box is small and made from some kind of dark wood and adorned with yet more religous symbols, placed upon a once white piece of cloth now grey with age and dust.
Licking his lips he begins to lift the lid of the box with a feeling that Galen the thief knew oh so well but was was new to the priest come mage, the item within pratically glowing as it lay within the red satin lining of the box. It is the key, just like Oberon had described it. Taking hold of the key in trembling hands he quickly secrets it within his robes only to be met by a piercing, unearthly scream that seems to echo around the very room, causing the mage to grip his head in pain.
A the sound of crumbling, grating stone begins to come from all around him as the once dead eyes of the statues begin to glow and their limbs begin to move, freeing themselves from the sconces in which they stood to advance towards the one who had disturbed their centuries long slumber.
-----------------------------------------------------
The Sentinels
Kaella sat on the cool grass quietly surveying the destruction before her as the early morning sun began to rise. The Sentinels had managed to find each other in the chaos of the night, setting a small camp upon a hill well away from the Battling Ascenti and Jazdec down on the plains.
The ambush had worked in so much as it distracted the Jazdec long enough for Sentinels to perform their mission unhindered but as for a crushing blow it was less than satisfying as the battle had ground itself into a bloody stalemate, the fields to the east of the camp littered with the bodies of the dead.
The thundering of hooves momentarily awoke Kaella from her daze as another band of Jazdec disappeared over the horizon. The Khal's death had resulted in a bloody battle between the tribes as rival warlords had battled for leadership and much as Busana had said all those days ago the army disintegrated before their very eyes leaving only a charnel house of dead men and horse's in amongst the abandoned tents. Dashel had promised to lead a band of men through the maze of canvas in search of slaves and prisoners but for now it was still too dangerous to enter.
Pulling herself back onto her feet Kaella turned and walked back into the little camp they'd made consisting of two lean-to's and a campfire around which her companions Galen, Ben and Dashel sat with the bound and sullen princess Isolla cooking a meagre breakfast of roast rabbit, beneath the nearest Lean-to lay and unconscious Cesare, his sister Ymira quietly tending to him. He'd lost the arm; Kaella could still hear his screaming during the night as his sister with tears in her eyes had removed the remains of her brother’s arms, a pair of Dashel's scouts holding him down with grim and pale faced determination as the saw bit into the tattered remains of his flesh.
Seating herself besides Galen, leaning over to slice a strip of meat from the rabbit Kaella all but jumped when the princess decided to speak for the first time "You've killed us all...you know that right?" her voice trembling with grief "No one can stop them now....they'll come in their golden splendour and kill us all; Talamh, Ascenti, Jazdec it makes no difference to them soon only the crows will survive" an eerie silence fell over the small camp broken only by the quiet sobbing of the princess before them as she covered her face with bound hands contemplating the ruin of all her plans.
-------------------------------------------------
Matheld
"Are you sure that it was him?" Matheld asked as the two assassins jogged down the narrow dirt road "Yes it was him I’d know that scarred face from anywhere...even in the dark" Matheld believed her and although she'd wished that her mistress would have met the priest first and have her wounds tended to she was excited to be on Luciens trail once again.
"So what should we do once he's dead?" she asked after several minutes of running "Bury the body I guess..."
"No I mean...do we return to the others?" Busana contemplated this for a while before answering "To tell the truth I am not all that sure of my standing within the Sentinels anymore.....though I hear the Red Rose assassins will soon be in need of new leadership" a smile crept across the faces of the two assassins, laughing as they carried on with the deadly game that was their life.

DeletedUser

Galen paused eating. he turned to face the princess Isolla, who had buried her face into her hands, sobbing.
"Who will kill us all? what the smeg are you talking about/" he said. a slight note of worry entering his voice.
internally his mind whirred. she'd been in league with Khal Ryder, probably the ost powerful warlord to have lived. what kind of opponent could be worse?
"We need to know, who are you talking about?" he repeated.

DeletedUser28032

Princess Isolla
"You stupid little man, you're as bad as my father never thinking outside of his tiny little kingdom....only Tristan believed me and now he's dead too" the memory of her dead sibling resulting in yet more tears.
It had taken them months to arrange her marriage to the Khal, the only man with an army large and fierce enough to fight them with any hope of success.
"They do not have a name or at least not one in our tongue or that of the Jazdec...they are merely referred to as the Golden ones"
"And why should we believe such nonsense? the word of a foolish girl and a traitor whose actions have resulted in so much death!" Kaella snapped with such venom that it caused the princess to flinch "Because I have seen them! I may be only a girl but I am strong in the art...stronger than you can believe" Kaella considered the underlying threat before dismissing it, they still had to get her back to her father and then she'd have to consider the fate of the Sentinel's for with Ragnar dead and Busana and Mark missing the Sentinels now consisted of the three junior members now sat about the campfire, hardly a formidable force which ever way you looked at it.