RED STEEL I: The Great War Begins

DeletedUser

than it will be 5 against 5 (main characters not soldiers :D)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

GLORY GLORY! What a heluva way to die! GLORY GLORY! What a heluva way to die! GLORY GLORY! What a heluva way to die! He ain't gonna jump no more!

DeletedUser

Private Sasha Grigorovitch sat with his fellow comrades at a small bivouac in the North Western Mountains. They were eating rations, laughing, someone even got out his guitar and started to sing. Sasha was reading a letter from his girl back home in Moscow.
"Hey droog! What you doing here all alone? Have a drink with me!" A soldier yelled, holding a bottle of vodka.
"Not now Dmitri..."
"Ah...letter from your girl?"
"Da. She wrote me about the work she is doing in the factory..."
"That old ammo factory? Da, you told me about it. She does good work for the Party."
Sasha smiled. "She writes me that her parents are very proud, the Chairman even came to visit the factory to view the war effort."
Dmitri looked at the fire. "How old is she? 17?"
"19." Sasha said. "I'm thinking about marrying her after the war ends.
"If it will end..."
"Don't say that Dmitri! It must and and it will end. In our favor. That's what the Chairman promised us."
Dmitri looked at Sasha. "You're right, droog. It will."
Once more he offered the bottle of vodka. Sasha looked at it, sighed and put it to his mouth. "To our beautiful Soviet Republic..."
The singer began a new song. The old love song 'Katyusha'.
The bivouac turned quiet. Everyone enjoyed the beautiful singing voice. Everyone with their own thoughts.
"Have you heared anything from the comrade colonel?"
"Njet. I think he's planning the next attack..." Dmitri played with his knife.
"Can't wait to put it to good use..." He grinned evily. "What you comrade?"
But Sasha had turned back to his letter.

Tanya...My sweet Tanyushka...

DeletedUser

Another bottle of wine lieutenant? No I couldn't have another drop. I told you it was a good idea to assault this winery in the northwest mountains, not only did we manage to kill the Red general who'd set up headquarters here. We also got all the wine those scummy Communists didn't drink. Ahhh, but now we must turn to more important things. Seargant casualty report. Thirty killed fifty-three wounded about a 20% or so casualty rate. Hmm, not to bad considering what a nice place this is, it perfectly overlooks the Red Scum's main defensive line, see if we can get the general to move some artillery here. Also hurry up with fortifying the heights here, I don't want a single Red to knock on my door ok? That is all you are all dismissed. Oh, private could you go to the wine cellar and get some 1938 vintage Chardonney, I couldn't imagine who owned this house but he was filthy rich.

Sir! Report Sargeant. Lieutenant Lafitte has siezed the heights overlooking the Bolshevik's main defensive line. Hmm, the winery right? Correct Sir! How did I know, well give me the report, and tell him I will send forces to reinforce him. Oh and one more thing Sargeant. Sir? Make sure that bloody idiot doesn't fill himself up on booze, when I go there he better be able to pass a breathalizer understand? Yes Sir! Good, you are dismissed. Call in the Colonel, Colonel I must inform you that according to our intellgiance sources the Russians will be preparing an assault along your defensive line. Now I understand Lafitte has siezed the winery heights, make god use of him and the place since I've sent reinforcements. Now your job is to distract the Bolsheviks, I don't think It would be wrong to say that they want to end this mess now, there is increasing discontent among their conquered territories and they wish to get them under control as soon as possible. Thus I expect them to make a key stupid mistake, they know to end the war here they must break our lines and run us off, we're heavily dug in though since as the Bolsheviks advanced we deliberately planned this line, it will take a large army to destroy it. Now Colonel it is up to you to keep your line as long as possible while I let my own little "surprise" catch them with their shoddily made knickers down. Dismissed!

DeletedUser

Herbert made his way walking into the liquor store. Was his name really Herbert? More importantly, did it even matter anymore?

He heard there was maybe something serious going on outside, but he really couldn't have been bothered with such nonsense. What was important was clear, and that was getting the caps lock of his keyboard to stop being pressed by an invisible hand after every sentence he typed. It was becoming frustrating, if not down-right humiliating, but he relented on nevertheless.

DeletedUser

Sir!" Yelled one of the privates "When are we going to pump these capitalist dogs full of lead"
"Soon my friends, very soon" Blake said coolly
Blake then got up from his spot around the small campfire his company had made to keep warm. He got up and stood on top of the tank that was with them looked down on his company of soldiers and smiled his joy.
"Who are we comrades?!" Blake screamed at them
"7th Shock army" Screamed back everyman in the company
"What are we here to do!?"
"Kill all who oppose the motherland!"
"And who would dare oppose us!?"
"The American dogs!!"
"And when he find these amaerican dogs what will we do!?"
"Rip their throats out and burn their homes" Everyman in the company shouted in unison
Blake once again smiled and his best friend and comrade, Alexi Reznoz, threw him a bottle of vodka. Blake took a large sip and then a second.
Then screamed"Now my soldiers, my comrade,my brothers! I want to hear you say it!"
"We will not die!" the company screamed back their famed and feared war cry
"Again"
"We will not die!!!"
"AGAIN!!!"
"WE WILL NOT DIEEE!!!!"
The whole company then began screaming and stomping their cry penetrating into the night.
"For Russia!!" Blake yelled one last time
"For Russia!!!" his whole company screamed back
Then maybe for the hundredth time that day black smiled and rejoiced with his men telling stories of great battles in Europe they had been in or the raids in China and Africa. Then one of the privates yelled
"Sir you got a girl back home"
"Ahh I do comrades I do" Blake said now feeling warmer than before of thinking of his beloved Anzhela back home "She is my own little angel"
"She working in the factories?"
"No she's a nurse for the wounded" Blake responded. In fact the way he met her was when he was shot in the back and had to be treated
"Enough of that men let us talk on how we will kill The Dogs!"
"Hurrah!" His men screamed back

DeletedUser

James Mitchell sat in his house with his wife, Kathryn. It seemed only a long time ago he was fighting a war. James looked at his wife and hugged her tightly. He knew this was going to be bad. Sooner or later, the war would get to Los Angelas. And he would have to fight. Not just for his life, but to protect the women he loved.

DeletedUser

I patrolled the trench our company had made along the winery. I stopped for a second as I thought I heard men yelling. "Must be my imagination," I said to myself as I pulled my coller up. It was a cold night. And of course, I was on the graveyard shift. Though the coats the military gave us were warm, they weren't enough. I dreaded patrol. I wanted action. I wanted to kill those Commies!

DeletedUser

Awww crap, said a very angry Lafitte watched the Russian fighter patrol pull into sight. Do you idiots have those sams ready cause I'd hurry up if I were you the Red scum is going to try to strafe us! (sargeant rushes in and salutes) Report, Sir. Ahhh.. Yes, so the artillery arrives, well tell them to get in the positions we set up for them (gestures towards positions) those Red idiots are in for a big suprise.

Come in. General Filton. (Lieutenant salutes) Sit down, hmm.. now did they manage to sieze the peak at the other end of your defensive line yet? No, Sir. You mean those idiots don't have the cliffs! It'll be a bloodbath for us if we don't get those cliffs cause that Russian rocket artillery is set up, up there, we must sieze it! (slams the table with his fist) I believe you have a map of it? Yes, Sir. (hands general map) You incompetent don't you see what should've been done? What, Sir? Well you should have gone at the line here where the trenches were fairly recently built, also you should have ordered an artillery strike to blow the Reds to Moscow which you failed to do. Thus I am going to give you the orders to do what I said, it's the only way you'll ever get in there. One more thing, how does Lafitte fare. His position managed to destroy two migs that were on patrol, also the artillery is ready to open fire and so is the rocket artillery. Good then go tell him they cannot fire until the Reds begin the assault, oh those Russian scumbags don't even know we have the place, ha ha that Lafitte is clever! You are dismissed. (Lieutenant salutes and leaves) Now to continue working on my plan to get the Russians with their pants do.. Mounties! That's it I need Canadian forces to do the job I want.

DeletedUser13682

Rolf was working on his MP-4s, in a siezed resort in the mountains. It was a nice resort, and every once in a while, they were allowed to ski and snowboard, but Rolf usually just worked on his weapons, they still needed a little more perfection. He hated the Russians for taking over his homeland, and anti-Bolshevic feelings, probably left over from his grandfather, who had fought against the Russians in World War 2, were screaming out for him to take revenge for the two times that they walked on his hometown, the second time they stayed. He wanted revenge, so he joined the United States Army to get that revenge.

DeletedUser

*Russian army moved quickly all over Europe and controlled all Asia (support from china, India,N. Korea and Japan)*

DeletedUser13682

(I think that's spam, we all know that, it was in the first post.)

DeletedUser

Sasha Grigorovitch looked at the nightly sky. He could here voices yelling in clear russian. "Looks like the 7th has their own little party..." He said jokingly.
He drank from the bottle again. "What time is it?"
"It's past midnight...I have to releave Anatoli from his post." Dmitri yawned. "I have a feeling it will start tomorow morning. Try to get some sleep while you can. I'll wake you up in a few hours." He stood up looking down on Sasha. "You remember the password?"
"Da. Kalinka."
Dmitri smiled. "Good. See you in a few hours than."
Sasha grinned. He WAS feeling tired. He returned to the tent, dropping himself down on his sleeping bag.
"Hey! Watch out!" A voice yelled from under an army pocho. A freckled face looked angry at Sasha. "I was sleeping here..."
"Sorry Mikael. How was the watch?"
"Filthy americans...Saw no one but I know they are here...I smelled them...Smell of fear..."
He turned his back on Sasha and grunted. "Sleep...fighting tomorow..."
Sasha layed himself down, listening to the slow breathing of his comrade next to him.
He fell asleep and slept until Dmitri came to wake him up.

He felt cold and wet. It was 3 o'clock. He was sitting in his foxhole, looking into the dark. He had done watch duty before. It was not new to him. But he was glad he wasn't in the Italian Lowlands anymore. That was the first time he was brought to this unit. The 5th Syberian Infantry in the Vistula Front. A rotten replacement like they called him.
The war in Europe had still lasted a few more months before the Supreme Commanders had surrendered.
He held the handle of his machine gun firmly in his hand like he was afraid he might lose it. He grinned. He was sure he wasn't going to make the same mistake again.
He looked at his watch. 4 o'clock. Time seemed to go slower than usual.
He heared tanks starting their engines on his left. Vadjanev's Brigade warmed their engines in case they suddenly needed them. It was like always. Every few hours a minute or two. "Let's hope we don't need them now..." He stretched his arms. He could hear a sergeant softly yell at a soldier to put out his sigaret. Like american scouts couldn't see the few campfires in the bivouac. He was just glad he wasn't in the front right now. They had seen some terrifying battles and it was time to rest. "Rest but stay alert." Were the words of the colonel. "So stay alert Sas." He said to himself.

DeletedUser

When Blake awoke he felt extremely refreshed. this was the first full night of sleep he had in years.
"How did you sleep sir" Asked the Captain of the 7th his name was Sergei Borlokev he was new just recruited he replaced captain Kirill when Kirill was kill in the airdrop into Quebec
"Very well sir, not one mortar or midnight raid to interrupt my sleep. Ahh feels like I just slept for a day.
"Well you slept for 14 hours." Sergei replied
"WHAT!?"
"Yup but no worries comrade you deserved it eh?"
"What if The Dogs attacked" The dogs became a popular term for Americans in the 7th
"then I'd wake you but it's all quiet now scouts report movement in the mountains but I do believe they are heading For Sasha's regiment so we'll be alright" Sergei replied
"Ug fine sir but next time wake me I don't want to seem like a little girl to the men, it's not good for moral"
"Yea yea we all know your the second toughest guy next to me" Sergei smiled
"Screw you" Blake then headed towards the APC that gave out morning rations. He got his Canadian bacon which had become one of his favorite food during the war and he thought that it made the Russian push through Canada worth it. He sat down next to a corporal and started to tell him about the bloody raids in Ireland often resulted in heavy casualties on both sides.
"Charkov, how many men have you killed" The corporal asked
"Oh and don't really keep count" Blake replied The corporal looked at him like he was insane
"You don't keep count?"
"No of course I do I was joking. Hmm lemme me see...I believe I'm somewhere around 600 by now"
"Really?! Wow I'm only at 16." The corporal said with new found respect for his Sargent.
"Well hang in there and it won't be long" Blake said taking in the respect flowing from the corporal
"What about that Sasha guy with the 5th? I bet you could kick his..."
"Nah" Blake said interrupting "He could put a bullet between my eyes from a thousand yards away. That is one man I am happy to have as my comrade. He probably has a 1000 men dead by his steel"
"Oh I didn't know" The corporal said now feeling safer he had two experienced men on his side.
"What about Sugei eh Charkov?"
"We'll see about him, we'll see"

DeletedUser

So, the artillery is ready? Yes Lieutenant. Well than we stay quiet and keep the Reds thinking they still have this place? Correct. Ahh, what fun and now seargant we await their assault.

Hello Colonel has that idiot Lieutenant siezed the other heights yet? Yes General he has. Good, fortify it, do the Reds know that.. Yes they know sir. And how about Lafitte? He is fine. Good at least some people aren't peabrains, DISMISSED! (Colonel salutes and leaves) Sir General Farshanks has arrived. Good, let him in. (a Canadian General walks in and salutes) Ahh.. General (shake hands) how nice to seeyou I thought those Ruskis would have killed you by now!! Ha Ha you too my friend. Well now about those Mounties, they are the cream of Canada's mountain forces and are half your army, you are in reserve however, I will need them to break the Russian assault, can you transfer them to my command? Hmm.. That's a good question however circumstances as is force me to say... What! Yes! Ahh... You fine old fogy! You are a right fine man. Now I must go and complete the paperwork. Alright General, DISMISSED! (general leaves) Now my plan is close to completion.

DeletedUser13682

Rolf was walking around outside the resort, testing the MP-4s, while other soldiers were skiing in the background. For some reason, they kept jamming, but Rolf didn't know why. He walked inside, for a few minutes, and walked to the indoor firing range. In there, the MP-4s weren't jamming, and he added two and two together. He ran back to his shop, and replaced the metal in the chamber with some that wouldn't expand and shrink as much with temperature. Walking back outside, the MP-4s jammed less, ready for battle. After going inside and having a congratulatory whiskey, he called command. "Good morning Command. My weapons are ready for battle testing. When do we go on the attack?"

DeletedUser

ooc: My Sasha character is not in Spetsnaz, Blake. Lieutenant Aleksei Vodrov is :) Sasha is a private in the 5th Syberian Infantry of the Vistula Front. Just like you are in the 7th Shock of the Vistula Front. Hmm forgot to mention it.)