P&P Red Light District and there dirty tricks

DeletedUser13484

This is how Red Light District has to get there members its abit sad to be honest

Victor Kruger
Hi,

We have never spoken before but I felt I had to mail you after the past few weeks. For the record I follow the west forum and I have watched the goings on for some time.

I and my towns have been present in ALL SSF and Middleton Fights. In big numbers I may add. The two attacks on Middleton Stance, Middleton AND the Craggy one. We have been on both sides ( I won't disclose why ) and what I have seen has appalled me.

We have observed Gaffey missing the Craggy one leading from the back on the two Middleton Stance ones and being totally absent from the Midlleton one.

Personally I am not a fan of the SSF but I am friends with a number of members . They, and probably you don't deserve this kind of ..... Well I'm not even going to call it leadership.

I don't think anyone should need to put up with a bad leader or indeed an organization that can't keep it's members updated on what's going on or, have no idea of how to lead troops into battle.

Here we are looking only for quality not quantity and that is why I have contacted you. I am not interested what class you are, other than you are good at what you do. There are places here for players such as you.

I Have members here now from varied towns and a lot of them were previous enemies. They are here because I asked them and we provide the comradeship and direction that all town members deserve.

You may notice a few SSF have moved over and now I'd like to offer you that same opportunity.

I treat my town members with respect and keep them informed. We are very active but we are a team and as such everyone is kept up to date with what's going on, all the time. We have a great laugh enjoy the comradeship and as a result our forums are red hot ! Is your town the same ?

Our true enemies here are 0 although we fight just about anyone and everyone. We are a fighting town but without do so without malice or hatred. Most of our best fighters have been previous opponents and all I believe will tell you they are very happy with their choice. Contact some if you wish to verify :)

If you are interested on joining a crack team then let me know. There will be no restrictions or rules to who you can hit other than one Ally in another fort we share. Shopping in over 30 towns is available so kitting up is not a problem .

As long as your very active, live for the fight and can relied on when required you are welcome. I don't care about your past or current group, we are all Brothers on the battlefield and that is enough.

Do not misunderstand this letter, it is not a general recruiting one only to members of your organisation I consider to be worthy of note and deserving of a better atmosphere. If you are not interested then I wish you well and no further contact will be made.

Thank you for reading

Vic

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You do realise that Vic isn't at Middleton right gaffey? Don't assume that just because people are against SS that they are at Middleton.

Why exactly is it sad to try and recruit people like this?

Edit: Good timing lewis :D

DeletedUser

I was wondering whether to make some comment about recruiting people by diplomacy or by hitting their town's workers until they had no chance but to become part of SS. But I thought I would take the high road and not say anything...Woops :D

DeletedUser15368

you'd think the "leader" of the SSF would know who the members of Middleton are, and who the members of towns in a county 2 squares away are...
...or mabey it's just me...:huh:

DeletedUser

picardfacepalm2o.jpg

DeletedUser16008

Right !

I'm not one for chatting on forums but as I am being accused of being something I'm not you leave me no choice so i'll make clear so even you cannot get it wrong Gaffey. For a change :dry:

First off I'd like to thank you Mr G for posting my letter in full. The publicity is welcome and I see nothing wrong with offering a home to good players

I need not explain either my opinions or reasons for sending it as it is there for all to see.

However there are a few points that i should make clear in order that others get a clear and truthful picture.

I am not, and never have been either a member or Allie of Middleton. That is not to say I don't have contact with members, but then again I have contact with a lot of groups and towns and count most of them among my friends SSF members included.

I give not one hoot about your age old war but as a leader of my town and a soldier, I do care about good players being left without any of the things IMO a leader or organization has the duty to provide, other than a few shops.

I have stood shoulder to shoulder with members of Craggy defending an El Mariachi attack. How many guns did the SSF bring to help ? 17 in total and you Mr G failed to take part. We as one town brought 10. Why ? Because we promised support in response to a request. We shot 18 that day and half were Middleton.

We also defended in large numbers at the Middleton battles and shot a lot of your boys, Why ? for the same reason as previously mentioned, but also to make it plain we were no Allie of your federation.

In fact our town has been attacked many times by Rapids since i arrived and declared it was leaving the SSF. Have i gone to war with the entire SSF ? No we merely dealt with the problem in our own sweet way and considered it a local problem which has now subsided.

To accuse me of being Middleton is not only wrong but narrow minded in your thinking. Is it so alien a concept to imagine that someone would actually care about the players out there and whether they were treated as I believe they should be and led in a similar manner ?. I offer them that At Redlight and although we are not blessed with many towns all our members are Green, Active, experienced and work as a team.

My mail was specific to certain people yes. It is to the point with no lies or exaggerations. Your members deserve better and I see no reason that they should have to put up with no communication, no support, no active town forums and no sense of belonging let alone a leader who does so from the rear when he can be bothered to show up at all.

My position is always at the front or center of where the action will be. I ask nothing less of my fighters than I am prepared to give and I do so by example can you say the same ? ;)

We have ex SSF AND Ex Middleton here plus many other ex this and that. Most of which I have fought against in the past I might add. ALL have my respect and support and I think I can say without a doubt that is reciprocal. In fact anyone who can meet the criteria is more than welcome.

Take care before you accuse me and mine of being something we are not lest you give us cause to make it a self fulfilling prophesy.

I suggest you go away and talk to certain members of your Fed as your intel is very misinformed and that is putting it mildly. You don't know me Gaffey and to be quite honest "you really don't want to continue this slander on here my friend"

Hi to all the guys out there BTW you know who you are, this guys hilarious :laugh:

Vic

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

I see you have amended your post and I thank you for that.

I will not do similar as I think my answer highlights the problem and your original misinformation that would have probably gone unnoticed, if it were not for some others who had the decency to correct you.

Thank you guys for that BTW :)

Nice quip HK17 I did exactly that when I read the original post LOL

DeletedUser

Luckily, the Middleton bashing title will still make the fact clear that he can't tell the difference between the name RedLightDistrict and Middleton, even though we're at a decent distance from each other and our names aren't even slightly similar.

I also fail to see what's so terribly "dirty" about sending out recruitment letters that merits a post on the forums (aimed at the wrong town lol).

I don't think you need to keep drawing negative attention to yourself on purpose, you're getting enough on accident - and bashing the wrong town is definitely not going to make you look like you're on top of your game.

Plus points for editing instead of deleting the post this time at least. Baby steps :)

Too bad titles can't be changed :(

DeletedUser

Why do something today when you can watch El bend over and do it for you.

DeletedUser10480

That was a pretty decent recruitment letter. I almost joined but then realized who I was and did a "face palm".

:eek:hmy:

DeletedUser13020

There is a difference between the an invite that says "Hey, we have a great town going on here that you might like, come join us!" and the one that says, "Your current place sucks, it's has bad leaders come to us we are better." I think that's what gaffey is referring to when he says its sad. It seems a little messed up idk...

DeletedUser

-TP-, I completely disagree. I think that recruiting letter is 100 percent accurate. Especially since he borrowed his main points from a telegram that I sent him the day before.

Things he is correct about:
1) Leadership needs to be overhauled
2) No town communication
3) Forums are ABSOLUTELY DEAD
4) General complacency in terms of fort battles
a. 200-300 plus members in SS, less than 60 fought in major battle against Middleton. Total walk time: under an hour. Epic fail. (Side note: I was there and got slaughtered 9th round due to us being grossly outnumbered)

I feel like a broken record, saying the same things over and over and over. By the way, for those in SS, I am not trying to bash the empire and no, I do not hate SS (why else would I be the head diplomat?) but because I care, I think that things need to be improved.

I had a great idea, which Gaffey "borrowed" (read thread Middleton vs. Silversnake debate for more on that) but no changes have been made, which makes me, as an individual who always wants the best for his towns, to become so frustrated and angry that I am almost getting to the point where only *facepalm* can express my opinion of how SS is being handled.

DeletedUser13020

Well hell I am just speaking as a guy that...well, knows very little when it comes to this whole SS and "friends" deal going on. All I read was a bash from sir Victor and that would of course upset the leader. The 'ol bash and bait routine would upset me as well (whether the stab at me was true or not). But since maybe idk as much as the rest of you, then I should just shut up now lol. It was just my 2 cents is all :)