Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16124

Here is my train idea. I made a little picture; so, you can see what I’m writing.

The idea of a train station for each town is ridiculous. Not every town in the old west had a train station. Furthermore, track running all over the map would look ridiculous and would be too much work for the developers. Every time a new town built a train station, they’d have to make more tracks. Every time a town “hooked up” with another town, they’d need more track. Also, every time towns fell out of grace with one another, they’d have to get rid of the tracks.

Simple solution:
There would be three or four train stations per square. A grid-like network would connect them. It would look the same in every world; so, the developers wouldn’t have to hard of a time.

Many towns can join a station and help build it.

TrainDepot.jpg

The Station
The station would function as a town hall does. Member towns would be listed here.

Also, donations to the train yard would be taken here. Money, as well as products, would be needed.

The station would be framed with tool boxes, hammers, and saws.
The station would be built with wood, granite, and train tickets.

The Trader
The trader would function as the trader in the forts function.

The Tracks
The would be managed by clicking on the water-tower. Upgrading the tracks would function as upgrading the residences of a town. More tracks equals more members of the train yard.

The tracks would be framed with dynamite, sledge hammers, pickaxes, and maps.
The tracks would be built with wood, granite, iron bars and spikes.

The Yard Master’s Office
That little shack on the left. Here you could upgrade your steam engines. Every time you upgraded this building, you get better, faster trains on your tracks.

This building would be framed with hammers, “ship” bells, and pocket watches.
This building would be built with iron bars and coal.

this is a good idea. but i think one town would own the whole railroad of one square. that is the town who owns the big fort. they have to build and reprair the tracks, buildings, en trains. the tracks and trains have to be repaird else the trains go slower and slower till they are broken. the tains also need some coal to work.

this is my idea

(sorry for my english, i come for the netherlands)

DeletedUser

Could train stations be integrated into the fort system? This would limit it to 3 stations per county at most.

DeletedUser16124

maybe, the othre towns ca buy a station off another town

i don't think town want to sell there stations, becouse they earn money with it

Could train stations be integrated into the fort system? This would limit it to 3 stations per county at most.

you mean every fort is also a station(or you can bould a station near each fort) ?

DeletedUser

Trains like Forts

or does he:huhg:
i think train stations should be the same as forts, each town controls one railtoad station, there is a large, medium and small station in each county
each station can be upgraded ot level 3 5 or 7 depending on if it is small, medium or large station and each level is faster and more expensive, towns that control the station ride for half or 1/4 of the price, free would be to unfair,and other buildings would be in the train station like a trader, hotel, and a saloon so that you could duel the people when they are at the station, this will be easier when the devs implement duelling all over map

DeletedUser

/me ties this idea to the train tracks and lets it be run over

DeletedUser

good idea

train...it is very good idea :D but...maybe travelling is too easy with train:unsure::unsure:. what about big price? +100$ tickets:huh::unsure:?? but train is very good idea!:D:D:Dg

DeletedUser

How often is this really going to be used? You can travel from the NW corner of the map to the SE corner of the map in about 10 hours. Why would you even need to? Most players don't even leave their own square so why would traveling faster be of benefit to most players?

DeletedUser

why not?

why not? travelling is too easy it is turth:D but what about if you haven't got horse?:sad: left ------------------- right it is very long:unsure::sad: range to travel if you haven't got horse? but choise is not my.:unsure::sad:;) and you need change your jobs sometimes? is it turth? (i change my job)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you haven't got a horse you probably can't afford the train ticket.

DeletedUser15762

I still think trains are a nice idea. Very complicated, though!

DeletedUser

but...

but train tickets 100$ - 450$:huh: and donkey is 1000$!:mad: other horses are + 1000$! :sad::sad::dry::angryg::dryg:!?!?!?

DeletedUser

Donkeys are $250 if you join a town and they are yours until you sell them.

DeletedUser

I would use a train frequently; especially now that we have fort battles to attend.

DeletedUser

Another idea:

If your town controls the railroad, you can name some of the natural landmarks in your square or "county." A few rivers, maybe a couple mountains, and a forest or two. It would be pretty cool, I think. Make your statement -- show the (game) world that you're the big stuff around here: so much so that you're naming the mountains after your town founders, lol.

DeletedUser

If your town controls the railroad, you can name some of the natural landmarks in your square or "county." A few rivers, maybe a couple mountains, and a forest or two. It would be pretty cool, I think. Make your statement -- show the (game) world that you're the big stuff around here: so much so that you're naming the mountains after your town founders, lol.

Too complicated, especially with rivers. Each feature would have to be defined as an object consisting of every single tile of which it's composed. To display the names, the background would either have to be generated dynamically, with the length of the name and the position of other objects, especially jobs, being taken into account, or a tooltip would have to be added to every single tile and would pop up annoyingly as you crossed each tile when moving to the cursor to a job or anything else on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.