Railways

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

yeah ive just seen it :p im level 8 though so surely id have seen more?

DeletedUser

Considering Trains of that era were steam-driven and burned coal or wood - I wouldn't see how the engine would run out of fuel as there are plenty o'streams to fill the hydro tanks and trees to burn.....

But having the train system would be neat - but how would it be implemented?

option1) readily available for any to use at any time, provided they have the $
option2) the train runs off an interal server-time.... If you wanted to take th 3:10 to Yuma and get to Phoenix by 4:20 and it's now 2:30 you're character would have to wait at the station for some time...

As a Australian User in Tribal wars and The west it would be unfair:mad: becuase where 8:00hours behind like most of the members of my town are from the U.S so if that happend as i explained i could not go but i do like the idea but the game Iternational

DeletedUser

Time zone and differences included perhaps?

Increasing the time of the train journey by the + time zone.

DeletedUser

true but in Tribal war (yes i know people don't like others comparing tribal wars to this) and here its the U.S timezone i dought they would change it:(

DeletedUser

I never really notice the time zone has it has yet been used.

Unless i am mistaken

DeletedUser

oh yeah when ever you post messages in the fourms or PMs its always says the U.S time

DeletedUser

but they would proberly use it like they did in Tribal war with the night systeam

DeletedUser

i mean i can stand some of it if they had seasons i would not care even know its Summer here when its winter over there

DeletedUser

i like the idea of preset railways as this would be a good idea if you were having to travel a long distance to buy some things off higher level towns. and it could also have a risk factor, depending on the duelling level of the player and the distance travelled. so a stronger dueller travelling a short distance is not really at risk from robbers.

DeletedUser

Why do we have to have PvP robbing?

Cant we just have NPCvP duelling? (Yes i will include NPC's as much as possible).

DeletedUser

This is the oldest railway thread I could find, so i guess this is the best place to add on to this suggestion. Anyway, this is the plan I worked out for it:

The Station
The first thing you'll need to start a railway connection is a station. A station will have five expansion stages with as many construction points as a hotel. Each expansion stage will allow you to build another railroad connection. To accomodate the station in town, the devs will need to expand the town view a little to the right to make room for an extra building.

The Railroad
The building of a railway will begin with a mutual agreement between two towns to establish a connection. This agreement will be sent like an invite from one town founder to another and can be accepted like an invite. They can only accept providing they have a station and an open slot to build a connection. Once they reach an agreement, the building of the line will begin. Both towns will be able to work on the line. Construction points will be determined as time X 20 (time being the time it takes to walk betweent he two towns without bonuses, rounded to the nearest minute). A railroad will have no expansion stages, it will remain at level one just like the mortician.

The Trains
Once a line is finished either town can buy trains to run it using either public or private money. There will be a range of locomotives to choose from, with more expensive ones being faster. The price range would probably be from $1,000 to $10,000 The slowest trains will run at 250% speed while the fastest will run at 600% speed. You can purchase as many trains as you want for each line.

The Ride
The trains will travel perpetually between the two stations with a five minute wait at each, so instead of instantly getting a ride at the station you may need to wait, which will be added to your travelling time. If you can't make it to the station within the five minute wait you'll need to wait for the next train. The cost of a ticket will be a base cost of $10 plus one dollar for each minute it would take to walk between the two towns (rounded to the nearest minute). Towns will get 20% of the ticket revenue from foreign visitors riding from their town, so railroads will become a sort of business venture.

DeletedUser

Good idea anyone want to elaboratee instead of just saying they want this and that

DeletedUser

Here is my train idea. I made a little picture; so, you can see what I’m writing.

The idea of a train station for each town is ridiculous. Not every town in the old west had a train station. Furthermore, track running all over the map would look ridiculous and would be too much work for the developers. Every time a new town built a train station, they’d have to make more tracks. Every time a town “hooked up” with another town, they’d need more track. Also, every time towns fell out of grace with one another, they’d have to get rid of the tracks.

Simple solution:
There would be three or four train stations per square. A grid-like network would connect them. It would look the same in every world; so, the developers wouldn’t have to hard of a time.

Many towns can join a station and help build it.

TrainDepot.jpg

The Station
The station would function as a town hall does. Member towns would be listed here.

Also, donations to the train yard would be taken here. Money, as well as products, would be needed.

The station would be framed with tool boxes, hammers, and saws.
The station would be built with wood, granite, and train tickets.

The Trader
The trader would function as the trader in the forts function.

The Tracks
The would be managed by clicking on the water-tower. Upgrading the tracks would function as upgrading the residences of a town. More tracks equals more members of the train yard.

The tracks would be framed with dynamite, sledge hammers, pickaxes, and maps.
The tracks would be built with wood, granite, iron bars and spikes.

The Yard Master’s Office
That little shack on the left. Here you could upgrade your steam engines. Every time you upgraded this building, you get better, faster trains on your tracks.

This building would be framed with hammers, “ship” bells, and pocket watches.
This building would be built with iron bars and coal.

DeletedUser

Good to have a photoshopper here. I didn't intend to visibly show all the track on the map, but the mechanics of your take on the idea work better. By the way, is the trader a special store or is it a sort of trading post?

DeletedUser

I'm starting to warm to this idea, and it would probably come to its full potential if/ when duels are changed to actual locations.

Bearing that in mind though with the potential benefits being greater to family towns and alliances, and knowing the devs unwillingness to encourage such, I fear the devs wont like the idea :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.