Pure Fort Fighter?

DeletedUser

I searched and didn't really find anything. Sorry if there is something that I overlooked.

What build should I do for a pure fort fighter attacker?
I don't care if this isn't a good path in the game. I like fort battles, and this character is just for fun. :) (As a matter of fact, all of them are, but have strategy behind them. But this one isn't just to level up, etc.)

So, what do you think I should put my skills into the most, and what minor skills? This will be pure attack and no fort defence.

DeletedUser

Leadership is used for shooting, but also for defending.
Aim is only important when shooting.
Dodging is only used when trying to dodge a shot.
Hiding is used when a defender tries to shoot or dodge a shot.
Stamina is used when an attacker tries to shoot or dodge a shot.

So looking at the skills used, you would want to either focus on Leadership or Stamina. I would probably choose leadership since you can get some xp jobs to help you level up and get more sp.

For your minor skills to build up, I would probably go 50/50 with aim/dodge. You should remember your HEALTH though because thats an impotant part.

DeletedUser

Well, I'm changing one character to a fort fighter. I'll give you my build, no one else uses it.

Its level 70 when done. Three SP from quests

All attributes into strength, for hp and stamina.
108 points leadership
108 points hiding
70-99 Rest will bring stamina to 108, then ill pour in aim or dodge or just leadership.

In the end it's bonus is 18-20 (defense and attack, so you get both) without clothes. If I do aim and dodge it could be higher. Nice jobs too.

DeletedUser

The more experience I get in fort battles, the more I disagree with the balanced build theory. A good fort fighter is also a really good job build, but a great fort fighter has high aim. If I was going to make a pure fort fighter and didn't want to do aim instead of a job skill, I might go pure dexterity to at least get decent aim. The problem with that though, is that it's instead of strength for health (and stamina), but dexterity is better for jobs than strength.

And screw dodging. :p

DeletedUser

So, does this sound alright:

All AP into Dexterity. Out of every 9 SP, 3 leadership, 3 stamina, 2 aim, 1 health?

And probably go for soldier, to get the health bonus and lowered weapon req?

DeletedUser

So, does this sound alright:

All AP into Dexterity. Out of every 9 SP, 3 leadership, 3 stamina, 2 aim, 1 health?

And probably go for soldier, to get the health bonus and lowered weapon req?

Soldier is the ultimate fort fighter class. :)

DeletedUser

That actually looks pretty good. Stamina but no hiding, since defending you'll have better bonuses from your location, although hiding is a great job skill. Don't expect to be able to do the soldier quests though.

DeletedUser

That actually looks pretty good. Stamina but no hiding, since defending you'll have better bonuses from your location, although hiding is a great job skill. Don't expect to be able to do the soldier quests though.

Eh, having to do quests is like an OCD thing for me. >.<
But, I'll get through it.

Thanks for the help, Elmyr.
And everyone else who posted.

I would be glad to hear anything else that anyone has to say.

Edit: Also, what would be the best world for making this character? Pretty much, which world has roughly the most fort battles?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Edit: Also, what would be the best world for making this character? Pretty much, which world has roughly the most fort battles?

w10 used to be one of the most active worlds as far as fort battles, but w11 might have slowed it down a bit. I don't know, I don't play there any more. w1 is very active, but you already know that and probably don't want to fully respec. [Oh, you're only level 18. I just saw w1 in your sig and didn't look at it closely at first.]

DeletedUser

w10 used to be one of the most active worlds as far as fort battles, but w11 might have slowed it down a bit. I don't know, I don't play there any more. w1 is very active, but you already know that and probably don't want to fully respec. [Oh, you're only level 18. I just saw w1 in your sig and didn't look at it closely at first.]

Alright. W10 is pretty active. I might restart there. Thanks.

DeletedUser

Fort attacker

I'm glad I finally found a thread about fort builds xd. Your build looked pretty good. I hope it works out for u.

DeletedUser

My 2 cents since I love talking about Pure Fort Fighters :)

I had a pure fort fighter on W5 [deleted now] and I went with this build:

-Soldier (obviously)

-Pure Strength/stamina - soldier health bonus. I went till level 40ish till I could drill for oil to have a nice cash job and you'll get constructing the ranch house for your XP job even earlier. This gives you 160 base stamina points and quite a bit of health.

-Strength/Leadership - I personally liked keeping the strength to continue my stamina and HP growth. Some think it's overkill, but I liked it. I then put my SP into leadership after that till like level 50.

-Strength/Aim - I went aim later on after level 50

-Hiding - don't bother, only on defense, and you have other bonuses more useful for fort fighting.

-Dodge - don't bother with this one either

This is more of an immediate stamina/health build then moving to leadership... the main fort fighting skills. I just like going pure for a while before diversifying, others might like to split it up between 3 skills or all 5.

NOTE:
It's all a matter of opinion of different build types, as dueling builds are, so you will find many different opinions out there.

Fort Fighting Worlds... no one mentions W2... overall there aren't many battles throughout the world, but the 3 main alliances are always fighting, a battle every 2 days occurs. Plenty of action there. If you haven't started on another world, consider W2 and send me an in-game message.

DeletedUser

Like I said, it's opinion, did it more for the oil job... but I also KOed up to 5 players per fort battle... sooo I wasn't complaining about my build :)

DeletedUser

I searched and didn't really find anything. Sorry if there is something that I overlooked.

What build should I do for a pure fort fighter attacker?
I don't care if this isn't a good path in the game. I like fort battles, and this character is just for fun. :) (As a matter of fact, all of them are, but have strategy behind them. But this one isn't just to level up, etc.)

So, what do you think I should put my skills into the most, and what minor skills? This will be pure attack and no fort defence.
Without having done it myself, I would say that it should be a dodging melee soldier with AP's in strength/charisma and SP's in aim and dodging. Also doubles as an excellent dueler and will have access to decent jobs.

The strength AP's gives stamina for fort attacks and health for staying power (and vigor for duel damage).
The charisma AP's gives leadership for fort battles (and appereance/tactics for duels).
SP's goes into aim and doging for fort battles (and duels).

I think Hooooa had such a build on W10 (seems to have retired), and he was highly succsseful.

DeletedUser

Hmmmmmmmm, that sounds almost as good as putting AP into Strength:

- 4 aim
- 3 leadership
- 3 stamina
- 3 health
- 2 free skills points to put where ever you want

Right.... :)

I think I'd be best off with this one. And I might just start on W2.Don't know when I can get on a computer that has javascript, though. >.<

DeletedUser

Without having done it myself, I would say that it should be a dodging melee soldier with AP's in strength/charisma and SP's in aim and dodging. Also doubles as an excellent dueler and will have access to decent jobs.

The strength AP's gives stamina for fort attacks and health for staying power (and vigor for duel damage).
The charisma AP's gives leadership for fort battles (and appereance/tactics for duels).
SP's goes into aim and doging for fort battles (and duels).

I think Hooooa had such a build on W10 (seems to have retired), and he was highly succsseful.

I agree with this, I'm trying to do that on w11.

DeletedUser

Soooooo, per 3 levels you gain:

- 4 aim
- 3 leadership
- 3 stamina
- 1 health

Hmmmmmmmm, that sounds almost as good as putting AP into Strength:

- 4 aim
- 3 leadership
- 3 stamina
- 3 health
- 2 free skills points to put where ever you want

Right.... :)

This thing you wrote kept bugging me for 15 minutes. It's like the picture with the triangles in which when you move them, a white spots appears. I even started writing a post just to figure the distribution of those skills and eventually succeeded. Anyway it's obvious Strength is way better than Dexterity.

On a totally different note. If one is more interesting in defending, should he switch stamina to hiding? Or is it that a fort fighter with stamina is good for attacking and when defending the whole being in the fort using the bonuses from wall and towers makes him a decent fighter?

DeletedUser

Now im really thinking about this one XD

If I went all attacker, which I will since my minds been changed, I'm trying to think on the ratios ill use. It sorta sucks since its a re-spec from a builder, but oh well.

Now the base is leadership, so at least 108 for that. The stamina is in the str attribute, but ill add to that a bit, so it's around 108. What else though? I get a lot of leftovers for aim or hp. What do you think?

DeletedUser

Thought I'd put the scale here, so people don't have to flip through threads.

• +1 bonus with one point and up
  • +2 bonus with 3 points and up
  • +3 bonus with 10 points and up
  • +4 bonus with 23 points and up
  • +5 bonus with 43 points and up
  • +6 bonus with 71 points and up
  • +7 bonus with 108 points and up
  • +8 bonus with 155 points and up
  • +9 bonus with 211 points and up
So the max bonus you can have is 27 (9x3)

Ok, the one I'm converting is currently level 62, so ill do calcs upon that level. 62 ap, 186 sp.

Stamina=71 +6
Leadership= 108 (its already that, that's why I like that number) +7
Aim= 43 +5
Health Points=62

Total Bonus = 18/27

26 extra , and with two more sp it could put a +6 on aim. But aim isnt a job skill, so Id go for + 7 on stamina with 11 more sp. Could also go on hp, get that up a bit.

The jobs skills option would make it 108 stamina and leadership, and as balanced as it gets (almost) Also, gotta consider what items I'd use.

I tried =/

DeletedUser

Ahh forgot about the decimal thing. =(

I had the same exact finding with the clothing bonuses except I had a brown tie (+1 Strength,+9 Health points, +6 Dodging,+8 Leadership) and Fancy Dress coat (+9 aim, +1 dodge, +1 leadership.

Thanks for the help, we shall see what I decide to do. Much appreciated.