Ps3 or Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Well, I've never been on a PS3; but I did once play on a 360.

So I'll vote 360.

DeletedUser

ps3 all the way. It has free online, a blu-ray player, and six-axis motion.

DeletedUser

Bunch of kids... NES is the best system ever made. Over 700 titles and mine still works after 25 years!!! Just blow in it and you got your Super Techmo Bowl.

What ever happened to the good ol' days when cheats were UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT SELECT AB START?

DeletedUser

ps3 all the way. It has free online, a blu-ray player, and six-axis motion.

and your point.

because something is "free" does not mean it is the best

blue- ray is going down hill fast

and six- axis motion. so what?

DeletedUser

Lol gizmo.

You could have summarized your entire post with "SO?!?!"

DeletedUser

blu-ray going downhill?

yes

why buy a blu-ray movie if you are only in it for the movie. I could care less for in movie bonus stuff or having a movie with 1 million kinds of blue when a DVD might have 900,000 kinds of blue. when a blu-ray movie cost $10 more then a DVD in this day in age and with blu- ray players costing more then a DVD player does, depending on what kind you want I will say $80- $100 more for a blu-ray player over a DVD player for the same movie that would cost a less to watch.

im sure im not the only one who sees it this way.

DeletedUser

yes

why buy a blu-ray movie if you are only in it for the movie. I could care less for in movie bonus stuff or having a movie with 1 million kinds of blue when a DVD might have 900,000 kinds of blue. when a blu-ray movie cost $10 more then a DVD in this day in age and with blu- ray players costing more then a DVD player does, depending on what kind you want I will say $80- $100 more for a blu-ray player over a DVD player for the same movie that would cost a less to watch.

As technology improves, the cost will go down as well and Blu Ray will phase out ancient DVD technology.

DeletedUser

yes

You may want to see it that way, but the market doesn't demonstrate it to be this way. Since Hd Dvd was dropped by Toshiba, Sony's Blu-Ray has taken a significant portion of their previous market share, and their sales continue to rise by 105% annually. In contrast, Standard DVD sales has declined, 14% annually. And, if you wish to argue that online sales are taking the bite away, it is true that online sales have increased annually by about 19%, but it is still less than half the market of Blu-Ray discs (3% of all online streaming/download sales = 3% of the market vs 7% market share for Blu-Ray disc purchases alone). So, while Blu-Ray sales still have a ways to go before passing up standard dvd sales, their price continues to fall as expenses decrease, and their trend demonstrates one of the few dramatically profitable items, even in this economy.

From an investor standpoint, a customer standpoint, and a sales standpoint, Blu-Ray shows great promise. And, while greater and greater bandwidth may undermine Blu-Ray disc's potential market dominance, it doesn't threaten the technology. Something else will have to come along to do that.

DeletedUser

and like I kind of said a movie is a movie no matter what format it is in

DeletedUser

Who would ever want DVD anyways?
VHS is fine!
"a movie is a movie no matter what format it is in"

Betamax FTW!

I was joking when I said Atari 2600, but apparently it really is as good as the PS3 or the Xbox 360.

DeletedUser

Well Betamax WAS better format than VHS...

What's all this talk about amounts of blue in Blu-Ray vs DVD? Boils down to HD vs SD and some people enjoy High Def and some could care less. If you don't want a console with true HD disc playback, then get an Xbox 360.

DeletedUser

and like I kind of said a movie is a movie no matter what format it is in

I used to think that and watched crappy stream copies. The episodes we not uploaded one day so I decided to download it.

I've never turned back. I try and get the highest quality stream or DL. It really is lovely to have it in higher quality.

Yeah, I'll live if it's low quality...sure. But it's much more pleasant in higher quality.

DeletedUser

I could never go back to SD

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

VHS is fine!

VHS is fine if you only have a VHS player.

I know we still have a few VHS players in my house. and every once in a while I will watch a VHS tape (and our car only has a VHS player in it so on long trips it is VHS's not DVD's)

DeletedUser

VHS is fine if you only have a VHS player.

I know we still have a few VHS players in my house. and every once in a while I will watch a VHS tape (and our car only has a VHS player in it so on long trips it is VHS's not DVD's)

Congratz on completely mising the point.

Your car ONLY has a VHS player?
Jesus christ!

Gem was pretty much dead on in her reply regarding dl vs stream.
Quality matters, if the format didn't matter, it wouldn't evolve.

DeletedUser

Gem was pretty much dead on in her reply regarding dl vs stream.
Quality matters, if the format didn't matter, it wouldn't evolve.

No, we were talking about formats evolving in quality as well as format.

For example VHS will be better quality than dvd, then blueray even better - format evoling => quality improve.

This whole thing started when Gizmo said he didn't care that blueray was better quality, so I was just continuing from that ;)

DeletedUser

You're not very sharp on realizing that he's actually agreeing with you, are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.