President Bush's Skills... \o/

DeletedUser

Just an after thought...

I believe that Obama is going to end up taking away our freedom of speech.

DeletedUser

Very true, It is also likley he will raise taxes and cause an economic meltdown, too bad the idiots who voted for him didn't see this comming.

DeletedUser

Besides, the true reasons I am a conservative include some of the following:
I believe abortion is murder.
I am against homosexuality.
I believe in peace through war.
I disagree with Amendment 16 (as well as others).
I believe we should secede from the Union. (etc. You get the idea.)

I appreciate that your willing to rationally debate with me, but I do have to stick up for David at least a little. You did call me a ****** and a despot. =)

Abortion is murder, yes, but without the parents, the baby wouldn't exist in the first place, so I have to remain pro-choice there.

Being against Homosexuality is just as bad as being sexist or racist, so unless you agree with those as well, I am going to have to call you a hypocrite.

How can you consider abortion murder but not war? War is far, far worse than abortion.

I searched ammendment 16 on wikipedia, and apparently it means there is no income tax. Which is essentially bringing you closer to your dream of a government with little control over the states.

Who is "we" when you say you should secede from the union? But I agree that the US is to populous for a democracy to work properly there.

-----------------

I called you a despot because I did not know your political standpoint at the time. But I can't defend the ****** comment. That was uncalled for.

But I do consider both homophobia and being pro-war to be fairly idiotic policies.

------------------

And Schofield, are we not in an "economic meltdown" already, before Obama is even president? You need to think a little more carefully.

DeletedUser

You believe abortion is murder, and yet you still support it!! That is just mind boggling to me...

I am not racist for I believe that all men were created equal. However I believe that homosexuality is wrong because the Word of God condemns it. I have many homosexual friends, and I love them just as much as my straight friends... I do not have homophobia..

War far worse then abortion?! Have you ever seen abort73.com ? In war you kill people for freedom, for a cause. Abortion brutally rips apart little children for selfish reasons!

I searched ammendment 16 on wikipedia, and apparently it means there is no income tax. Which is essentially bringing you closer to your dream of a government with little control over the states.

Amendment 16:
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Amendment 16 provides the federal government with the power to tax the incomes of Americans. lol

If wars were nonexistent, African-Americans would still be slaves. Americans would still be under the tyrannic rule of the British Parliament. I could give you several other examples, but these suffice.

I was using "we" as a pronoun for the antifederalists that agree that we should secede from the Union.

DeletedUser

I meant that abortion is technically the ending of a life, so yes it is technically murder, but I would not consider it morally murder. Suppose the woman has been raped? Should she be forced to go through labour for a baby that she doesn't want and will probably not even keep?

Being against homosexuality is homophobia. That is what the word means. True, it is a ridiculous term, as it means "fear of what is the same". But if "God" truly is against homosexuality, then it is God who is wrong.

Sorry about my misreading ammendment 16. I was very, very tired. And I can certainly understand you being against that. I think our anarchy unites us in some areas, even if we differ in others.

Now, on to war. Let us take the war in Iraq as an example - that has cost thousands of lives and the only reason for it is to make Iraq more submissive to American demands for oil. Surely that is far more selfish than any abortion, and costs many more lives.

Americans were not under any "tyrannic rule". True, colonists had no representation, but they could easily have got it peacefully and saved thousands of lives in the process. And without war, there would be no slavery. Slavery was invented as a use for war captives.

True, some wars have had good outcomes, but if there had never been any wars we would be a lot happier in the world today.

((By the way, I do actually have a lot of faith in religion, I just think that a lot of religions - including Christianity - have no real credibility.))

DeletedUser

CHRIST THIS AGAIN?!? Oh well. Let me thre my two cents in for the sake of it.

1. Abortion I don't agree with. BUT, if the parents want it or cannot have the baby without them being born with some disease that will kill them in a very painfull way after a period of time, abortion can be used. Don't start judging people wether they get rid of their baby or not.

2. Homosexuality or bi sexuals shouldnt be judged for what they are. The Word of Christians says homosexuality isnt accepted. YET, God makes them like that. He decides what is gonna happen in their lives but then give them the choice to make it, but knows what choice they will make because he DECIDES what choice before we are born. ( I am a nithilist so this really doesnt care to me. This is just for you Christians. If your not, then don't care.)

3. Religion shouldn't be shunned. I am a nithilist or however you spell it. I know their is a GODS (Satan is a god sorry to burst your bubble and Revelations is a myth it will never happen) that exist, but I don't worship any. BUT, whatever you believe, keep believing in it! ITS YOUR CHOICE (unless your a Christian then it's technically God's)!!!! Islam is, technically a very peacefull religion. IT REALLY IS!!!!! If you don't believe me, type in english translated Koran on google. Christianity is flawed, yes, but go on and still follow it. Catholism is well the same just more rules and crap. Believe what you want. Die for what you believe in. Just don't go treating all the other religions like crap. Thats how the modern day martyr still exists.

4. Obama may suck (YES HE DOES!!!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE VOTED FOR PETER GRIFFIN OR WALTER :mad:) but don't judge him yet. When he does make a mistake everyone hates him for, then you can start throwing crap at him and making jokes of him ect. When you do, we who fight for freedom and other things the government looks down upon will be stading over here saying "We told you so. Don't vote like the rest of us (Unless your under 18 then you can't vote )"

5. The War In Iraq? I hate it too, but WE SHOULD HAVE CAPTURED OSAMA FIRST!!!!!! Sure we got rid of Insane aka Hussein (it rhymes see?) but now we have one of the world's most dangerous men hiding in PAKISTAN!!!!!! Pakistan is not gonna let them do anything. What I believe should have been done? Kill Osama then destroyed Insane. WE wouldn't have lost as many soldiers and we wouldn't have to deal with Al Queda. A few suicide bombers, but no Al Queda. All we need to do now is evac the troops. Iraq isn't a target anymore. IT's AMERICA IDIOT!!!!!! We move back here, then we deal with bombers here. Our turf we protect. Don't go letting an innocent country take destruction for OUR problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was raised Catholic, and I can safely say that it is Protestantism which is more full of rules and morals. Catholicism is much truer to Jesus' message of simple peace.

Still, I would not say that I believed in the Bible or Christianity. Jesus was not the son of any of the gods, he was just a man with a very good philosophy of life. And no god could ever be cruel enough to be against any kind of love - homosexual or otherwise.

DeletedUser

Homos are un-natural. There is a reason its not Adam and Steve (Even though I don't believe in Adam an eve either) There is a reason there are Boys and there are Girls.

DeletedUser

Wow, I missed a lot . . . where to start . . .

Firstly, it's not about your religion. It's about your beliefs. I don't care what you call yourself, it's what you believe in your heart that matters. Some Muslims are suicide bombers and murderers - some aren't. Some Catholics murdered millions of my Christian forefathers - some didn't. Let's drop the whole title business, and just state our beliefs.

As far as abortion goes, jabbing a knife in the back of an innocent baby's head, and then sucking out its brains is sick and perverted. Ripping apart its little body into tiny little pieces and then throwing it out with the rest of the "trash" is heart wrenching! I don't care whether they want the child or not, it's wrong! There's always plenty of people who are willing to adopt.

James, you are proving my point about homosexuality. God didn't make anyone a homosexual. He destroyed two cities with fire and brimstone for committing acts of homosexuality. God's Word states that no temptation has overtaken any of us besides that which is common to man. Sure people may struggle with homosexuality in their thoughts, just as some may with anger or any other sin; but they (I, we, whatever) better keep it to their/our thoughts.

I have friends that are ex-homosexuals that have confided in me, and there is no way you are going to get me to believe that it's natural...sorry...

The colonies were to under a tyrannical rule! lol. We tried over and over again to "peacefully" get representation. They wouldn't oblige! Every time we would request the king to give us representation, he granted the Parliament with more power over us, suppressing us even more than before. He (the king) broke his contract with the colonies. No where in the charter (contract) did the king ever state the Parliament had the right to preside over the colonies, yet they (the Parliament) were constantly forcing laws on us that were ludicrous. In his contract to the colonies, the king declared that if he broke his contract, they were free, independent colonies. We didn't want to have to fight to prove it, but he gave us no choice.

Yes, wars are painful. . . Several of my family members and friends are overseas right now. Maybe I don't agree with how everything is running over there, but we're there now and there's no way we can just "pull out our troops." Our boys are trying hard to find Osama, but he's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Either way, whether we agree with the war or not, it is our obligation as U.S. citizens to support our troops. They have given their lives for the freedom of our country and many others as well, and for that alone they deserve more respect than anyone else in the world. Just as an after thought, I'm sure the Iraqis are far more happy under their present government than they were under Hussein. Saddam was brutally murdering his people by throwing them into boiling oil, putting them through meat shredders, etc. America has ignored genocide too many times before. . . I think we did what was right when we chose to invade. . .

May we never forget 9/11. . .

DeletedUser

As far as abortion goes, jabbing a knife in the back of an innocent baby's head, and then sucking out its brains is sick and perverted. Ripping apart its little body into tiny little pieces and then throwing it out with the rest of the "trash" is heart wrenching! I don't care whether they want the child or not, it's wrong! There's always plenty of people who are willing to adopt.

How on earth can you compare an abortion to sucking out the brains of a baby? A fetus is not a baby.

Further you completely fail to adress reasons both for and against abortion.

James, you are proving my point about homosexuality. God didn't make anyone a homosexual. He destroyed two cities with fire and brimstone for committing acts of homosexuality.

Bring me the bible referance for this.
Also, if the allmighty did not make anyone homosexual, how come some quite clearly are? Is he not omnipotent?

I have friends that are ex-homosexuals that have confided in me, and there is no way you are going to get me to believe that it's natural...sorry...

That has to be one of the worst things I've ever heard. Either you are homosexual, or you are not. THere is no such thing as ex-homosexual. It is not a disease, nor is it a sin either. They are people like everyone else.
WHom are you to throw the first stone?

DeletedUser

How on earth can you compare an abortion to sucking out the brains of a baby? A fetus is not a baby.

Further you completely fail to adress reasons both for and against abortion.

• Day 1 – fertilization: all human chromosomes are present; unique human life begins

• Day 6 – embryo begins implanting in the uterus

• Day 22 – heart begins to beat with the child’s own blood, often a different type than the mother’s

• Week 5 – eyes, legs, hands begin to develop

• Week 6 – brain waves detectable; mouth, lips present; fingernails forming

• Week 7 – eyelids, toes form; nose distinct, baby kicking and swimming

• Week 8 – every organ in place; bones begin to replace cartilage, fingerprints begin to form;

• Weeks 9 and 10 - teeth begin to form, fingernails develop; baby can turn head, frown

• Week 11 – baby can grasp objects placed in hand; all organ systems functioning; the baby has fingerprints, a skeletal structure, nerves, and circulation

• Week 12 – the baby has all of the part necessary to experience pain, including the nerves, spinal cord and thalamus; the baby is nearing the end of the first trimester

• Week 17 - baby can have dream (REM) sleep

• Week 20 – the earliest stage at which partial birth abortions are performed

(I had no need to state the reasons why people choose abortion. They were already stated above.)

Bring me the bible referance for this.
Also, if the allmighty did not make anyone homosexual, how come some quite clearly are? Is he not omnipotent?

Chapter 19 of Genesis:
1 Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and 1bowed down with his face to the ground.
2 And he said, “Now behold, my lords, please turn aside into your servant’s house, and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you may rise early and go on your way.” They said however, “No, but we shall spend the night in the square.”
3 Yet he urged them strongly, so they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he prepared a feast for them, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate.
4 Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter;
5 and they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them.”
6 But Lot went out to them at the doorway, and shut the door behind him,
7 and said, “Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly.
8 “Now behold, I have two daughters who have not had relations with man; please let me bring them out to you, and do to them whatever you like; only do nothing to these men, inasmuch as they have come under the shelter of my roof.”
9 But they said, “Stand aside.” Furthermore, they said, “This one came in as an alien, and already he is acting like a judge; now we will treat you worse than them.” So they pressed hard against Lot and came near to break the door.
10 But the men reached out their hands and brought Lot into the house with them, and shut the door.
11 They struck the men who were at the doorway of the house with blindness, both small and great, so that they wearied themselves trying to find the doorway.
12 Then the two men said to Lot, “Whom else have you here? A son-in-law, and your sons, and your daughters, and whomever you have in the city, bring them out of the place;
13 for we are about to destroy this place, because atheir outcry has become so great before the Lord that the Lord has sent us to destroy it.”
14 Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were to marry his daughters, and said, “Up, aget out of this place, for the Lord will destroy the city.” But he appeared to his sons-in-law to be jesting.
15 When morning dawned, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Up, take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away in the punishment of the city.”
16 But he hesitated. So the men aseized his hand and the hand of his wife and the hands of his two daughters, for the compassion of the Lord was upon him; and they brought him out, and put him outside the city.
17 When they had brought them outside, one said, “Escape for your life! Do not look behind you, and do not stay anywhere in the valley; escape to the mountains, or you will be swept away.”
18 But Lot said to them, “Oh no, my lords!
19 “Now behold, your servant has found favor in your sight, and you have magnified your lovingkindness, which you have shown me by saving my life; but I cannot escape to the mountains, for the disaster will overtake me and I will die;
20 now behold, this town is near enough to flee to, and it is small. Please, let me escape there (is it not small?) that my life may be saved.”
21 He said to him, “Behold, I grant you this request also, not to overthrow the town of which you have spoken.
22 “Hurry, escape there, for I cannot do anything until you arrive there.” Therefore the name of the town was called Zoar.
23 The sun had risen over the earth when Lot came to Zoar.
24 Then the Lord arained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven,
25 and He overthrew those cities, and all the valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground.
26 But his wife, from behind him, looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.
27 Now Abraham arose early in the morning and went to athe place where he had stood before the Lord;
28 and he looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the valley, and he saw, and behold, athe smoke of the land ascended like the smoke of a furnace.
29 Thus it came about, when God destroyed the cities of the valley, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when He overthrew the cities in which Lot lived.

(This story was also retold in Judges 19:22)
New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995 . The Lockman Foundation: LaHabra, CA

Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Romans 1:24-28
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals

That has to be one of the worst things I've ever heard. Either you are homosexual, or you are not. THere is no such thing as ex-homosexual. It is not a disease, nor is it a sin either. They are people like everyone else.
WHom are you to throw the first stone?

Don't accuse me of throwing stones. God loves them just as much as any one else. I am just as much of a sinner as they are, and vis a versa. There are many testimonies of ex-homosexuals, look them up for yourself.

DeletedUser

Chapter 19 of Genesis might as well portray rapists, or the so-called sin of lust.
I do see how it can be interpreted as homosexuality though.

Leviticus features alot more rules than the one you quoted, and fewer are abided or honored by christians at all, if I am to venture a guess.

There are many a rule in the old testament that is not upheld, so quoting and preaching therefrom on laws that suit you fine will do you no good. THere will always be people that can summon forth laws and commandments you do not wish to see.

Now we got the letters of Paul. Ah that is a field of study in its own right.
I haven't studied them as closely myself, but he sure writes as a very holy person. Always directing others what to do, he even started the christian missionary tradition.

He's very good at condemming all sorts of behavior, so I'm not surprised you found what you needed in his letters.

Now, let's talk some theology here. God loving the homosexuals and sinners alike depends on wich dogmatic viewpoint you have.

As for homosexuality beeing a concious choice, and natural or not, I think this might shed some light on that issue:

Homosexual sexual behavior occurs in the animal kingdom, especially in social species, particularly in marine birds and mammals, monkeys, and the great apes. Homosexual behavior has been observed among 1,500 species, and in 500 of those it is well documented. This discovery constitutes a major argument against those calling into question the biological legitimacy or naturalness of homosexuality, or those regarding it as a meditated social decision.
Source

We could take a step back from the gay debate and look at the abortion debate, but all you have are statements and opinions.
Where are your sources for these "facts" you sum up?

DeletedUser

Virginia, given that you have stated you are at the bottom of the spectrum (ie; libertarian/anarchist or whatever word you choose) it is interesting to note that some of the things you have stated you are against are moral issues. (ie; homosexuality & abortion)

So my question is, do you consider that the government should be empowered to act on those issues? (ie: ban abortion & homosexuality outright) If you do, your position is inherently confused, because seeking to impose your personal morality on others moves you back to the top of the spectrum.

I don't want to wade into the moral debate here, because reason and religious belief are two different languages, but I will say... Anyone who thinks religion or the State can change the reality of abortion or homosexuality is seriously misguided. These things have existed in human culture since the beginning of time regardless of legality or moral condemnation and they will continue to do so.

DeletedUser

I'm gunna ignore the religious stuff and state, not my thoughts, but fact on abortion. If it is made illegal, more people will die from it, why? because people will go into alleyways and have some untrained person try to remove the fetus with dirty equipment, quite possibly leading to the death of the 'mother'. most people will know that risk is existent, but will do it anyway, why? because people have their priorities messed up, and in their lack of wanting a child, some immature people will do stupid things.

It's like almost everything else made illegal. people do it anyway... so what's the point in making it illegal?

DeletedUser

Nikkorien has a point here, things weren't better back when it was illegal.
Quite the opposite.

DeletedUser

Oh and I just thought of something: Virginia, you said you were "against racism" because you believe that all men are created equal. Surely you meant to say:

"All men are created equal. Except the gays, the commies, and anyone who dares not to believe in the bible."

DeletedUser

Firstly, I would really appreciate if we could discuss these issues with a little more respect to each other. Stop accusing me of things before you know what I believe. I'll start with what bothered me the most. How many times do I have to reiterate that I LOVE "the gays, the commies, and anyone who dares not to believe in the Bible?!" You have no clue who I am or how I choose my friends! It's not the easiest thing for one to debate with four, so can we please calm down a little bit?!

Over 50,000,000 babies have been murdered in the United States alone. I'm sorry, but your not going the majority of teen/twenty-year old girls to go in an alley and have some "untrained person try to remove the fetus with dirty equipment." Let's be rational here...

Virginia, given that you have stated you are at the bottom of the spectrum (ie; libertarian/anarchist or whatever word you choose) it is interesting to note that some of the things you have stated you are against are moral issues. (ie; homosexuality & abortion)

Like I said before, let's skip the whole title business and just stick to our beliefs. And by the way, my beliefs are almost perfectly in line with the majority of our founding fathers. They certainly didn't support abortion or homosexuality. . .

So my question is, do you consider that the government should be empowered to act on those issues? (ie: ban abortion & homosexuality outright) If you do, your position is inherently confused, because seeking to impose your personal morality on others moves you back to the top of the spectrum.

I believe in state rights. The states should be the ones who ban/legalize abortion and other issues. What you said about me imposing my personal morality on others, is slightly ridiculous if you don't mind me saying so. So now should we not have laws against murder and nudity, etc. because those are only our moral beliefs?

I don't want to wade into the moral debate here, because reason and religious belief are two different languages, but I will say... Anyone who thinks religion or the State can change the reality of abortion or homosexuality is seriously misguided. These things have existed in human culture since the beginning of time regardless of legality or moral condemnation and they will continue to do so.

Yes, abortions may still happen, but it will be far less than the rate that it is at now. Look up the statistics for yourself. Almost 60,000,000 babies have been murdered in the U.S. alone. Abortion is even more rampant in China and Russia than it is here. . .

John, I gave you the verses; you just don't want to accept them. And I wasn't "preaching"; you asked for them.

Leviticus features alot more rules than the one you quoted, and fewer are abided or honored by christians at all, if I am to venture a guess. There are many a rule in the old testament that is not upheld, so quoting and preaching therefrom on laws that suit you fine will do you no good. THere will always be people that can summon forth laws and commandments you do not wish to see.

Many of the laws in the Old Testament have been abolished through Christ. Read your Bible. However, if the laws were reiterated in the New Testament, the Bible teaches that they still stand for today. I showed you verses from both Testaments. What more do you want me to do?! As far as the animal kingdom goes, there are also animals that suck people's blood. Should we all turn into vampires then?!

As far as the "facts" (as you called them) that I listed above...you can find them anywhere. Look it up for yourself.

You see those images! You see the tiny little fingers, the facial detail! That's a baby people! How can you be so hard toward something like this?!

DeletedUser

Over 50,000,000 babies have been murdered in the United States alone.

Get me some statistical evidence of that outrageous claim!
Abortion is not murder, per definition of the law.

Like I said before, let's skip the whole title business and just stick to our beliefs. And by the way, my beliefs are almost perfectly in line with the majority of our founding fathers. They certainly didn't support abortion or homosexuality. . .

That's an assumption, at the very best.

Yes, abortions may still happen, but it will be far less than the rate that it is at now. Look up the statistics for yourself. Almost 60,000,000 babies have been murdered in the U.S. alone. Abortion is even more rampant in China and Russia than it is here. . .

Don't you think some fewer babies in China might actually be a GOOD idea?
Murder is illegal, abortions are not.

Many of the laws in the Old Testament have been abolished through Christ. Read your Bible.
I have been reading the bible, atleast parts of it as part of my studies at the university.
I don't know if I've read yours though.

However, if the laws were reiterated in the New Testament, the Bible teaches that they still stand for today. I showed you verses from both Testaments. What more do you want me to do?!

I want you to stop treating the bible as a buffet, picking only the dishes you like.
Sure, some of the laws of old were to be ignored, but Jesus also said he was not there to destroy the laws of old, but to uphold them.

As for the new testement, those were the letters of Paul, ment to council the early christians on to the path he thought was the right one.

As far as the animal kingdom goes, there are also animals that suck people's blood. Should we all turn into vampires then?!

Well done, you just compared vampirism to homosexuality!

Speaking of ingesting blood, shall we talk about communion?

As far as the "facts" (as you called them) that I listed above...you can find them anywhere. Look it up for yourself.

I did look them up, and they did not match yours entirely, but I guess 100% match can not be expected. Either way, you can not list up "facts" without backing htem with a source.

BTW: Those bags of flesh you show off there are just offensive, and unfitting for this forum.
Doesn't look much like a human to me. Hell, if we were muslims it'd be a no-brainer. LIfe starts when the child is given birth to.

DeletedUser

I LOVE "the gays, the commies, and anyone who dares not to believe in the Bible?!"

So you love the gays even though you feel that homosexuality should be illegal. Not a very convincing argument.

Also, I have just noticed that you said that soldiers "deserve more respect than anyone else in the world". Soldiers deserve the exact same amount of respect as murderers. Anyone who dedicates their life to killing, no matter what their reason, is a murderer.

Also, how come you are so against people being killed before they are born, and yet as soon as they turn 18 it is fine to send them off to die on foreign soil?

And Virginia, it is difficult for you to debate us because your ideas are severely flawed, not because there are more of us.

And as for the bible, as it says on liberapedia: the Old Testament is about smiting and punishment, and appeals more to conservatives. The New Testament is about love and forgiveness, and appeals more to left-winders. Jesus was clearly very left-wing.