Presents & whos got ripped off the most ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Iron box (value: 5000$): Yellow Plaid Belt - Buy price: 290$
Steel box (Value: 10,000$): Precise Buntline - Buy price: 7250$
Steel box (Value: 10,000$): Precise Percussion Rifle - Buy Price: 8800$

Those aren't premium chests and the drops are completely normal for those boxes, except for the yellow plaid belt. Are you sure it wasn't black? I've gotten many precise Buntlines from steel boxes. I've gotten precise percussion rifles from steel boxes, though not nearly as many as Buntlines.

DeletedUser25892

You all can just keep questioning my thoughts and say I am wrong, but again I am waiting for a moderator to actually state what you are assuming is the obvious.

MM2099

DeletedUser363

Anyway, there is nothing ambiguous about the text "This chest contains items worth over $10,000". It means that the chest contains items worth over, i.e. MORE than 10.000. It's as simple as that. If you buy it and DO not get a total value of 10.000 it's a scam.

I can see what MightyMouse is trying to say. The text is misleading. Lets say I have a hat. I put 20 blue marbles and 2 red marbles inside it. I then go up to a person and tell them this hat contains red marbles. Am I lying to them? The same logic can be applied to this scenario. "This chest contains items worth over $10,000" It can also contain items under $10,000 as well. This description is very misleading as most players will assume the chest contains items only over $10k. It might have been a translation issue since Inno is a german company, or it might be a bug, only the mods can give us the answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lets say I am making a fruit salad.

If I said the salad contains strawberries, I don't only mean it contains strawberries. It can have grapes and raspberries as well. The same logic can be applied to this scenario. "This chest contains items worth over $10,000" It can also contain items under $10,000 as well. This description is very misleading as most players will assume the chest contains items only over $10k. It might have been a translation issue since Inno is a german company, or it might be a bug, only the mods can give us the answers.

If you told me that the salad you would sell me contained strawberries and I bought it, found no strawberries, that would be a scam, right?

If a chest is said to contain items worth over(i.e. more than) 10.000 and it didn't, that would also be a scam, right?

The chest can (in principle) contain 10.001 items of value 1$ or 1 item of value 10.001. Any combination of items with a total value above 10.000 would be in accordance with the advertising text.

However, in the description it also states "Contains an item", which means that it actually contains ONLY one item. That item then needs to have a value of 10.001 or higher to comply with the advertising.

DeletedUser363

However, in the description it also states "Contains an item", which means that it actually contains ONLY one item. That item then needs to have a value of 10.001 or higher to comply with the advertising.

Sorry, I must have missed that part :laugh:
This whole situation could have been avoided if Innogames just released a list of products/items that could be found in each chest. That way people could at least know what they could expect to get.

DeletedUser

Those aren't premium chests and the drops are completely normal for those boxes, except for the yellow plaid belt. Are you sure it wasn't black? I've gotten many precise Buntlines from steel boxes. I've gotten precise percussion rifles from steel boxes, though not nearly as many as Buntlines.

I don't give a hoot about what you call Premium chests or not, what I refer to are the boxes I bought for gold nuggets = real money in the Christmas scam. When the popup for the chests says that these boxes contain items worth over $5000/$10,000 then items worth less than these amounts is a fraud and deceit.

And yes, I got one yellow plaid belt - buy price: 290$.

I actually also bought a box for 25 gold nuggets but I don't whine about the content of that because 25 gold nuggets is what I easily can spend on going to a fort battle on a short notice. Or have some items bought in the Market brought to me without having to spend time moving to where I have to get hold on them. For the other thingies in the Christmas scam that I bought I spent ingame money for.

I still think Innogames owes me 250 gold nuggets for fraudulent and deceitful action by luring me into spending these gold nuggets under false pretenses.

DeletedUser

chest.jpg
There is a discrepancy between the description and the effect and that is what is causing this whole mess. Inno should hire a linguist :laugh:

DeletedUser

Please remember that these boxes are not a raffle. It's not that out of e.g. 1000 boxes only 1 of them contains an item worth $5000/$10.000 and the rest of them contains items of a lesser worth. If it was so then it should be said that it was a lottery.

No, what is wrong with these boxes is that Innogames hasn't bothered to create a table with items for each box that can be randomly chosen from. When you click to open a box a functions starts that picks a random item from a list that contains all items and products available in the game. It's nothing other than programming a random selection from a table. And as said, they haven't bothered themselves with creating separate tables for each of these boxes.

Either the developers at Innogames are lazy (or even not very smart since they haven't come up with this?) or they don't have the man power to let one person spend a day to create these tables for each function to randomly select an item from. Trying to raise more money to pay for their development by sending this half-baked poorly implemented crap out has back-lashed on themselves because a lot of Premium players now will stop spending money on gold nuggets. I personally won't buy more gold nuggets after I have spent what I have left. And I certainly won't recommend this game to anybody, not any longer. My mother didn't raise me to be stupid.

DeletedUser25892

Please remember that these boxes are not a raffle. It's not that out of e.g. 1000 boxes only 1 of them contains an item worth $5000/$10.000 and the rest of them contains items of a lesser worth. If it was so then it should be said that it was a lottery.

No, what is wrong with these boxes is that Innogames hasn't bothered to create a table with items for each box that can be randomly chosen from. When you click to open a box a functions starts that picks a random item from a list that contains all items and products available in the game. It's nothing other than programming a random selection from a table. And as said, they haven't bothered themselves with creating separate tables for each of these boxes.

Either the developers at Innogames are lazy (or even not very smart since they haven't come up with this?) or they don't have the man power to let one person spend a day to create these tables for each function to randomly select an item from. Trying to raise more money to pay for their development by sending this half-baked poorly implemented crap out has back-lashed on themselves because a lot of Premium players now will stop spending money on gold nuggets. I personally won't buy more gold nuggets after I have spent what I have left. And I certainly won't recommend this game to anybody, not any longer. My mother didn't raise me to be stupid.

Not to defend Inno per say...but did they hold a gun to your head and force you to buy the boxes? Just curious cause it sounds like you were forced or maybe they used the FORCE which made you click the buy box? And the comment about being stupid...I feel being stupid is when you make an outrageous claim against someone when in reality there was no wrong doing by anyone here...the only thing I think that is up in the air are the Junk, Fancy, and Unique chests...all the other chests were expected and well known what you were to get...and many have advised to submit a ticket if you felt you were wronged in that endeavor.

MM2099

DeletedUser

Not to defend Inno per say...but did they hold a gun to your head and force you to buy the boxes? Just curious cause it sounds like you were forced or maybe they used the FORCE which made you click the buy box? And the comment about being stupid...I feel being stupid is when you make an outrageous claim against someone when in reality there was no wrong doing by anyone here...the only thing I think that is up in the air are the Junk, Fancy, and Unique chests...all the other chests were expected and well known what you were to get...and many have advised to submit a ticket if you felt you were wronged in that endeavor.

MM2099

Wow! You seem to read a lot into my post. And you seem to be a member of that very small group of people who think that there was no wrong doing by anyone (I assume you mean Innogames? Because I don't think I have done anything wrong other than feeling I was made a fool of with my own money) here. Most people who have posted in this thread seem to agree on that considering the text in the popup for each item in that Christmas scam it can be expected to get a lot more than was delivered. And since Innogames chose to use boxes, whether they are wooden, iron clad, steel clad, they are a part of this discussion because they were bought in the Christmas popup when clicking on the present showed at the bottom right of our screens. What you don't seem to understand from what is discussed in this thread I don't know.

But to reply to your question about being coerced into playing along with something that appeared to be a Christmas present to me but turned out to be a fraudulent attempt to rip money from me, I can say no, nobody coerced me into anything. Just as nobody coerced me into start playing this game back in January 2009 when I started. And nobody coerced me into spending real money on playing Premium, it was all my own choice after I saw the benefits of playing Premium plus I wanted to support the developers for developing the game and encourage them to implement improvements to it. Nobody can coerce me into spending more money playing the game.

As for submitting a ticket on this issue, we have been told that this won't be taken serious if we can't provide screendumps with time and date stamps. So this advise is futile for most of us.

I hope my elaboration and reply to your question is satisfactory for you?

DeletedUser

I can see what MightyMouse is trying to say. The text is misleading. Lets say I have a hat. I put 20 blue marbles and 2 red marbles inside it. I then go up to a person and tell them this hat contains red marbles. Am I lying to them? The same logic can be applied to this scenario. "This chest contains items worth over $10,000" It can also contain items under $10,000 as well. This description is very misleading as most players will assume the chest contains items only over $10k. It might have been a translation issue since Inno is a german company, or it might be a bug, only the mods can give us the answers.

Even if you said this, I would be pretty angry if I pulled out a blue marble; it's totally misleading (as you said), which is the complaint many are making.

Inno should fix this.

Would a real estate agent only divulge partial information about a house? This just doesn't seem like good practice for a company.

DeletedUser2708

Tower of Babblebabblebabble

There is a discrepancy between the description and the effect and that is what is causing this whole mess. Inno should hire a linguist :laugh:

I've long felt that a lot of the problems this game has are a result of poor translation. I've also seen the same sort of thing with some other online games, including an MMORPG that was an English port of a Korean game run by a German company. Companies need to learn to hire at least one person who is fluent in both the language of the company and the language of the customers they are trying to reach. It's really just as simple as that, and and not paying attention to such details really is just as serious as that, too.

I'm a native English speaker (that is, it's American variant), and I've also studied six other languages, including German. One thing you have to learn early on when studying any foreign language is that it's most often the little words that make the biggest difference when translating. The more languages you learn, the easier it gets to remember that rule of thumb, but if you've really only tried to learn one other than your own, it's a lot easier to forget.

And on top of language differences, there is also the matter of cultural differences, even further complicated by the inherent weaknesses of internet communication, and its incredible potential for miscommunication. I seriously doubt Innogames was actually trying to rip anyone off, but at the very least they were rather sloppy in how they handled things. Hopefully, they will learn from this mistake, and make more of an effort to communicate clearly with all of their players, whatever their native tongue.

DeletedUser

"This chest contains items worth over 10,000" is very clear, you will receive items, plural, worth over $10,000,. "Items" is ambiguous but "worth over $10,00" is not. It's as clear as day, if you bought the premium chest you WILL receive an (at least 1) item worth OVER $10,000. Clearly some of us didn't therefore Inno have stolen money if you bought nuggets to pay for that chest. Totally irrelevant whether they are virtual items, you paid CASH. And as for asking for screen prints after the event, what a joke, why would you? Why would you expect to have money stolen from you and have to take a screen print?

I agree with Judge here. I also udnerstand the argument that there could be more than one item in a box. In that case however, we should have received all the items from that box, including the items worth more than $10,000 - if the box is open, I should get the items that are inside the box.

DeletedUser

Back to my comment (me, me, me, me, me... ;-).

I'd be satisfied with getting a free second chance on every one of those boxes I paid for. Heck, change the description to 'There's no way this box contains any number of items worth even up to $10,000' for all I care.

Customer satisfaction. How easy it is to lose it, how simple it would be for them to repair it.

Just had a quick look: Have spent like 5000 nuggets over the past few years. Figure about 4000 were paid using cash.
Inno fixes my discontent ---> I spend more nuggets over the next few months/years
Inno continues to ignore my discontent ---> I don't spend another penny.

Dunno about the rest of you, but I'll vote with my wallet until I get some customer satisfaction. If even 1000 of you do the same, we won't be ignored for long.

DeletedUser25892

I do want to clarify, that I think the boxes should contain items the way the boxes are explained...so the only people who have valid complaints here are those who received something less than that #. But I still have not gotten a certified response that the statement on the box is truly what was suppose to happen.

HelenBack

W10 was the first world that I bought presents in...

Blue Wrapped Christmas Present - $1000 / 10 Nuggets - ONE Marzipan Potato - Worth $19/$39
Bag with Common Product - $1000 / 10 Nuggets - One Map - Worth $16/$32
Bag with Rare Product - $5000 / 25 Nuggets - One Glass Marble (Craft item) - Got Green Marble worth $1000 if I find the other 4...

Since then I've only bought the Wooden Box for $5000 in the other worlds...
Best item I got was the Fancy Coat...
Various mediocre items that were NOT worth $5000...
But the worst... a Black Bandana with embroidered letters that say... "SUCKER!!!! Love Santa's greedy elves". :mad:

I won't be buying any more "presents". No I never used any nuggets... I haven't bought nuggets since they added the ability to buy skills in w11 and w12 after the worlds were already established... but that's another story.

Basically, Inno is a business and they want to make money. But the way they are going about it by screwing their loyal players... They're only going to lose those long time players and many future players. There is a saying... "A happy customer tells one friend, an unhappy customer tells everybody." So they are in fact, screwing themselves... They're just too dense to realize it.

Christmas is meant to be a time for giving... I was surprised that we had to bribe the elves to get any presents. When I finally bought some and opened them up, I was appalled. No amount of praying helped... I think this may be the nail in the coffin for the West.
:unsure:

DeletedUser

I'm not even going to list how bad I was ripped. I really wish I'd waited to see some feedback before I sank my hard earned cash into the crap they called presents. I am deeply disappointed with Inno on this one. Lesson learned....Look before you leep.

DeletedUser

I sent a note just explaining my deep disappointment with Inno. I told them they need not reply and that I would be WAY more cautious in the future when other "special" things are available.
I encourage others to at least let them know how you felt about the "presents" you paid for.

DeletedUser

I think this may be the nail in the coffin for the West.
:unsure:

You are absolutely right. Maybe they will try couple more screw ups before the end to just get some more euros from players and then they discontinue the game and go ahead with another project. Why should they care about players who spent years of playing and investing into TW. I don't even think that any other comments will change anything. Money are already on Inno's accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.