prayer

DeletedUser

Yeah, I don't have a clue what prayer does and I don't have any faith in anyone's theories, but it does something. I usually recommend against it because the whole "praying too much" thing worries me more than any theories about prayer intrigue me. Is twice in a row too much? Twice in a day? Twice in a week?

DeletedUser14239

Yeah I don't pray anymore except for every once in a while because in my town in world 8 I prayed too much and everything in there is rusty. In my new town I haven't prayed once and everything is sharp so I'm done praying. It's just a speculation everyone has there own idea about it.

DeletedUser

I personally do praying to get the medals. Nothing else

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

are the devs trying to show us something??

i mean:
from the beginning of the game,there was this building in towns the "church".people were wondering,but realized they couldn't find out the purpose of it,made rumours for better bonus on duels,buildings or drops,but knew there was no proof on what they say,giving up on the church factor.

after a few updates we see a new set: "sleepyhead's set"and after a few weeks or so,we are informed that by having all six of the set's items equiped you have a bonus of :+1 praying now,knowing that information the devs are trying to tells us that "praying" does something,but WE have to find out what that is.

and finally a new feature called "medals" is introduced.there are three new medals that need praying to be owned! that means the devs are "pushing" us to pray or just trying to "entertain" us with just a few medals shown on each one's profile??

DeletedUser

are the devs trying to show us something??

i mean:
from the beginning of the game,there was this building in towns the "church".people were wondering,but realized they couldn't find out the purpose of it,made rumours for better bonus on duels,buildings or drops,but knew there was no proof on what they say,giving up on the church factor.

after a few updates we see a new set: "sleepyhead's set"and after a few weeks or so,we are informed that by having all six of the set's items equiped you have a bonus of :+1 praying now,knowing that information the devs are trying to tells us that "praying" does something,but WE have to find out what that is.

and finally a new feature called "medals" is introduced.there are three new medals that need praying to be owned! that means the devs are "pushing" us to pray or just trying to "entertain" us with just a few medals shown on each one's profile??

The devs long ago stated that prayer does something. They don't need to give us gear and medals to tell us that because they already flat out told us prayer does something.

Do the prayer medals mean praying a lot is more helpful? Does the No Victory without Sacrifices medal group mean losing quest duels is helpful?

DeletedUser5769

well this answers my questions

"The church is the place for a private prayer. The consequences of praying are secret and will not be revealed by anyone. Even the support people do not know the answer.
Praying always takes 15 minutes. It is not useful to pray constantly."

Deleted User - 819397

Do the prayer medals mean praying a lot is more helpful? Does the No Victory without Sacrifices medal group mean losing quest duels is helpful?

That is true. Praying a ton doesn't seem to do anything more than praying a little...my town in world 7 has a theory on what it does, (one of countless), and it involves praying at specific times, no more, no less.

DeletedUser

That is true. Praying a ton doesn't seem to do anything more than praying a little...my town in world 7 has a theory on what it does, (one of countless), and it involves praying at specific times, no more, no less.

I don't buy it. I'm pretty sure the effects are completely random, and "random" numbers are usually generated by a random number seed based on the system clock in microseconds. If you could schedule prayer to the microsecond you might be on to something.

DeletedUser

Someone dropped the idea of a praying in a reverent manner in a town forum. I've been trying that lately and having pretty good results finding things with my adventurer.

Last two jobs after prayer (reverently) ... Stone Chain from Selling guns and a pillow from Evangelizing.

Not saying that it works for everything every time. But I'm digging it.

DeletedUser

yeh like disarm and take your hat off.

not sure what it does. i do every so often. And i pray in real life ,but until i know the effects in game are helpful. Not gonna waste the 15 minutes unless i am away from the pc anyway.

Red Falcon

As far as I know, the only thing praying is good for is construction and the medals you can earn from it.

DeletedUser

So the completely unknown effects without a hat seem to be more favorable than the completely unknown effects with a hat? Ahhh, science.

im with you on this one. remember, this is a program someone entered.

ive got a guy telling me to pray twice (without hat or weapon) to get the best items. there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way someone programed this into the game NO WAY. it would take up WAAAAAAY too much space for such a basic software package..

DeletedUser

im with you on this one. remember, this is a program someone entered.

ive got a guy telling me to pray twice (without hat or weapon) to get the best items. there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way someone programed this into the game NO WAY. it would take up WAAAAAAY too much space for such a basic software package..

"If conditional statements" are pretty simple in the programming world. I'm just saying, it seems to work for me :)
As of this week alone, I've picked up a ring, stone chain, talisman, elixir, and a pillow directly after praying. It probably helps that I'm an adventurer (no premium), but I'll keep doing it until it stops "working".

DeletedUser

So the completely unknown effects without a hat seem to be more favorable than the completely unknown effects with a hat? Ahhh, science.

This is completely unbased but just a thought.

Whenever somebody enters an actual church it is prefered that they do not wear a hat nor have a weapon on them. I am not saying that it helps not wearing a hat or having no weapon but in an odd way, to me it makes sense.

Fruit,

DeletedUser

"If conditional statements" are pretty simple in the programming world. I'm just saying, it seems to work for me :)
As of this week alone, I've picked up a ring, stone chain, talisman, elixir, and a pillow directly after praying. It probably helps that I'm an adventurer (no premium), but I'll keep doing it until it stops "working".
That's not much. I am a dueler with no premium and got more items and products than you this week without praying at all (3 items and 4 product types).

DeletedUser

it could just totally be coincidence. I went almost 4 days with 0 drops, then in the last 2 days I've gotten 3 1k+ items, 4 canvas and 2 shackles. That's all without praying. For me, whenever I've prayed, fully clothed, it's hindered me never helping. But that's just me with minimal praying.

DeletedUser

I pray often and I have not seen much difference. Today i did 2 hours Transport ammunition and i found 3 dynamites and 1 Bow. And 3 days ago I have not prayed. Sometimes I'm lucky and sometimes not.

I have found more items, I did this job just to spend my energy and go to sleep. About a month ago that did not choose this job.