prayer

DeletedUser

how often should i pray before i buil every time like pray build 2 hours and then repeat or just pray for stores?

DeletedUser

Don't pray before you build everytime.

Supposedly, praying before you queue up the construction to finish a level of either the tailor, gunsmith, or general store will give you a better chance to get the fancy items, but it's not really proven.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

so does it not matter ether way if you pray before building like the bank? since theres nothing to get

DeletedUser

nope. doesn't matter if you pray before leveling the bank or town hall or hotel or mortician.

DeletedUser

I pray once a day when I wake up. Then go to work. In the game that is.

DeletedUser

Prayer is overrated. I built the gunsmith mostly by myself in my previous shop town in Beta. I hadn't prayed once since the beginning of Beta. Almost every weapon was sharp/precise. The next town I also built the gunsmith by myself. I started off praying once before each day's building. Almost every weapon was rusty. I didn't pray for that long of a period, but I stopped because my luck had gotten so bad and it stayed bad until the gunsmith was finished.

There's zero evidence for prayer doing anything positive as far as building goes, but this is the second time I've had negative results from prayer when building.

Quit worrying about something completely unknown and the stupid little unproven theories surrounding it and just build.

DeletedUser

Everyone has wild guesses, but nothing thoroughly tested and the effects of praying, if any, are not known. I'm inline with Elmyr's comments.

DeletedUser

I've noticed when I have prayed more items will drop from jobs and the items in the town stores are much better quality.

DeletedUser

ugh... it's a friggin' game. The church was programmed in and prayer is a script that increases luck, or does not increase luck. So, faith... faith in the programmers? Faith in Man? Here we go again to the idiocy of religion and the Bible. Well, at least in this case, Pascal's Wager is a viable gamble.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You gotta have common sense. Shall we compare inventories? Here's mine from w4 where I have not prayed once. The one item that isn't imported is my fifth walking stick because I couldn't unequip it doing my current job.

http://weststats.com/Inventory/9377c9c9ce89aaecac3b2f1e064bc1ec/

Damn Elmyr, your inventory makes mine seem tiny....

Inventory (minus precise buntline I just bought)

I've only prayed a couple times but I still feel good about my findings so far, except the damn walking stick! Just today I found 2 high heels in 4 hours.

Maybe God will smite me for saying it.. but "in your face 15-minute wasters!"

DeletedUser

Ooooo! New theory for you Elmyr, wear the Golden Cross and go pray.. Oh and must have faith otherwise it won't work! Sarcasm obviously.

You wouldn't believe how much trouble the devs had coding faith.

I'm not saying prayer does nothing and has no positive effects, but people are way to quick to jump to a post hoc ergo propter hoc (after this because of this) fallacy. To simplify: just because q follows p doesn't mean p caused q.

And yes, I saw the sarcasm, I just wanted to elaborate. ;)

Damn, I was going to post links to the two Beta towns I was talking about on West Stats, but I hadn't imported the last town for a while.

DeletedUser

Praying is the same as in real life. Does nothing, but makes you feel better and probably have faith that you will receive better items. But of course I am not a believer so I can't prove anything about real life praying.

My character has never prayed, because instead of wasting 15 minutes he has jobs to do.

DeletedUser

My character has never prayed, because instead of wasting 15 minutes he has jobs to do.
Nicely said and agreed. I prayed in the game one time(out of the game never) and that was for 2 minutes so that I could get back to my city lol.

DeletedUser20190

So if I pray I have a better chance to find stuff when working? but praying for building does nothing? what about having motivation at 100% when finishing the build? does that help get better stuff?

DeletedUser

Once again Kid, nobody knows. Everyone has their unfounded opinions, but nobody knows.