prayer

DeletedUser

I do know without a doubt that you can't get the Believer medal without praying, but that (and the other 2 given for praying) is about the only thing that praying does for sure.

DeletedUser

Prayer is overrated. I built the gunsmith mostly by myself in my previous shop town in Beta. I hadn't prayed once since the beginning of Beta. Almost every weapon was sharp/precise. The next town I also built the gunsmith by myself. I started off praying once before each day's building. Almost every weapon was rusty. I didn't pray for that long of a period, but I stopped because my luck had gotten so bad and it stayed bad until the gunsmith was finished.

There's zero evidence for prayer doing anything positive as far as building goes, but this is the second time I've had negative results from prayer when building.

Quit worrying about something completely unknown and the stupid little unproven theories surrounding it and just build.
I dont think god want us to have deadly weapon :)

Harsha..

well, lol

threads seem to get off-topic quite fast these days

as on the subject of praying, i must say that it is not a waste of time, the devs wont waste their time just programming the church, if it was in this case

i have talked with some guys, who pray quite often (more than one time/day), and they all strongly support it, before we just dismiss it as chance, we need proof!

DeletedUser

From my building experience praying is a useless player ability, I have tested the to see if the alleged effects of praying were true and no significant data was collected. I prayed before building at full motivation and then constructed at the same motivation without praying and there was no significant change in the average building output.

I disagree with the "Special Items" theory or idea, what ever you want to label it as, I have built over five full towns my self and I have no correlated data between the statistics of praying or the exemption of praying.

I think the only reason there is a church in the game is due to the dominate religion that populates most of the world. The developers want to provide a faith based option in their games to, maybe reach out to those who feel comfortable with relating factors unto religion, but at the same time be subtle about it, if you get my "drift".

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

On a different issue on prayer, does anyone know if there is any evidence that prayer helps dueling? I used to pray all the time on world 8 before a duel, but when I started on world 10 I just stopped praying and I see no difference, so now I just stopped praying all together before duels, but I don't know if there really is some sort of bonus when you pray.

So once again, is there any evidence on a relation between praying and dueling?

DeletedUser

There's no evidence for anything related to praying, since we don't know what praying does.

DeletedUser

Praying

I personally pray for the heck of it sometimes. Other times I use to get to my town cause i know i wont be on for the next 20 minutes.I recently built a town from scratch.I had no means do go to the town (no travel option).So i thought, I'll do the prayer option to get to town.

I've been praying since i started the game, and I'm not number 1 in any world.

DeletedUser

I personally pray for the heck of it sometimes. Other times I use to get to my town cause i know i wont be on for the next 20 minutes.I recently built a town from scratch.I had no means do go to the town (no travel option).So i thought, I'll do the prayer option to get to town.

I've been praying since i started the game, and I'm not number 1 in any world.

Finally, someone who prays without saying, "prayer does this."

DeletedUser

There's no evidence for anything related to praying, since we don't know what praying does.

But the devs sure fuel my curiosity with that +1 praying from the sleepyhead set. :D If it does not help, why is it there? If it does, what the heck does it do? Faith is not the answer.

Edit: it just occurred to me, they want to make us wonder, just like in real life, about the existence of Divine help. You can't see it, you have to feel it LOL

DeletedUser

ugh... it's a friggin' game. The church was programmed in and prayer is a script that increases luck, or does not increase luck. So, faith... faith in the programmers? Faith in Man? Here we go again to the idiocy of religion and the Bible. Well, at least in this case, Pascal's Wager is a viable gamble.

well said

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hellstromm again.

DeletedUser

But the devs sure fuel my curiosity with that +1 praying from the sleepyhead set. :D If it does not help, why is it there? If it does, what the heck does it do? Faith is not the answer.

Edit: it just occurred to me, they want to make us wonder, just like in real life, about the existence of Divine help. You can't see it, you have to feel it LOL

The devs had already confirmed prayer does something. Without knowing +1 to what that doesn't really tell us anything, as I've said. Is it +1 on a scale of 1 to 10? 1 to 100? 1 to 1000? Is it +1 on a results table, with the lowest results being negative effects, so Sleepyhead reduces the likelihood of a negative effect?

DeletedUser

One said he prays after a duel. If you think about it, makes a bit of sense, pray to thank, not to cry for help. Also, sleepyhead is for sleeping and people used to pray before bedtime. I will pray then sleep with the 2 set items I have. If something happens, I'll let you know. I have to test it, is driving me nuts :D

DeletedUser

I will pray then sleep with the 2 set items I have. If something happens, I'll let you know. I have to test it, is driving me nuts :D

Huh, I wonder if that's the problem. I don't know if you saw thefbiman's bug report, but he said Sleepyhead was only giving about half the regen bonus shown. I wonder if praying before sleeping gives the full benefit...

DeletedUser

I did see it, that is one more reason why I want to try it, but after a duel, to watch the HPs regen too. I'll pray before sleep and see if regeneration works better like that.

LE: I tested it, I will post the results in thefbiman's thread in bugs and game errors.

DeletedUser

i prayed for 45min. then i do trade with indians for 4hrs. but nothing came out!!

DeletedUser

wow. 15 minutes is all you should pray for. I highly doubt praying "stacks up"

DeletedUser

i believe that praying does nothing in the game except for medals,,
it is created for religous player only:indian:

DeletedUser

well your belief in prayer is wrong lycan.. it does something.. as told by zet.. however what it does nobody knows till now