Prayer is probably adds nothing

DeletedUser

Hasn't anyone thought long term? May be the effects of praying may not be visible immediately, but over time, after a certain number of prayers have been done.

DeletedUser

Pray before you construct a building. It gives wonders to the inventory in your shops. Try it :)

DeletedUser8675

Well, then I guess my account must be pretty messed up since I have never prayed once. ;)
I've noticed one thing about praying though, that when my fellow town members pray, it really makes them weak in dueling.
I say, don't bother with praying. It's never been proven to give better items to the shops. But it could be possible, and if you are a builder, I say go for it though. It could help.. I guess.

DeletedUser

Maybe its just something to give the game more options which are there to make it more interesting.

DeletedUser

Prayer is good to Adventurers for finding items and for Workers to get better items in shop as i see . On world 2 i am Adventurer and i Pray each week (on Sunday) And Trade. So far each time i have traded i have gotten good stuff like Weapons ( 3 Muzzle Loaders) and all type ponchos and woollie hats Even i got Piece of a note and muzzle loader in two hour work :) . On world 4 I am soldier and im getting injured ever time on each work and it doesnt matter how many times i pray :mad: . On world 1 my friend plays and he gets in his shop all the best items he can get because hes a worker and also prays each week:dry: . So i think praying is good only to Adventurers and Workers

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If this game is even the slightest realistic,then prayer does nothing.

Personally I'd haev a church in game, and statistics about gullible fools praying, if I was the dev.

DeletedUser

Praying is there to give crazy people like me - something else to be crazy about:dry:
I have tried praying in a lot of different ways to see if I can find a way to make it work.

1. Once a week only on Sunday.
2. Everyday from your own town.
3. Everyday, but always from a different town.

This is what I think. I think it has a random calculator - sometimes you get extra good luck, sometimes you get extra bad luck and sometimes you get no change. :cool:

I probably haven't given up yet - so I'll let you know if I have a break through.....:laugh:

DeletedUser

I wonder why people keep arguing whether prayer adds anything or not, as in many other threads, when I have allegedly stated that prayers probably adds nothing while affecting "something"

DeletedUser

A dev posted on the German forum that prayer does have a random effect, but he wouldn't say the effect ... and given other randomness that already exists on jobs it is impossible to figure out what the effect is...

Personally I only pray when doing high danger jobs with less then 10 labor points.

DeletedUser

Hey John, what do you think prayer does? I'd sure love to finally hear your opinion.

DeletedUser

To be completely honest, I have no idea.
I used to pray all the time 1month+ ago, but I do not notice any diffrence now that I have stopped. I still find items, make money, win duels, etc.

I have also heard some say it boosts finding chance on your NEXT job assignment, then drastically lowers it for x period of time. However, I have no idea.

Then there are those whom say it helps winning that difficult duel, finding that low percentage product, boosting general finding rate of items, securing sharp/precise/fancy items in the shops.

I do not have much experience with builders, but out of the buildings I've built thus far (gunsmith from lvl 7 to lvl 8), we ended up with getting a precise weapon, and no prayer done.

I can't say I have noticed anything after I stopped praying, but I could start praying again to see if I can percieve a change.

Honestly though; I belive most of the reports made on what praying does are a false positive derived from our tendency to see patterns where none are.

To sum it up: I honestly have no idea, and I don't think we have any conclusive date either way.

DeletedUser

A dev posted on the German forum that prayer does have a random effect, but he wouldn't say the effect ... and given other randomness that already exists on jobs it is impossible to figure out what the effect is...

Personally I only pray when doing high danger jobs with less then 10 labor points.

you know if they phrased it in that exact way then maybe they did say what it does. it might be die roll kind of thing where it can do one of a few things thus having a random effect.

DeletedUser

To be completely honest, I have no idea.
I used to pray all the time 1month+ ago, but I do not notice any diffrence now that I have stopped. I still find items, make money, win duels, etc.

I have also heard some say it boosts finding chance on your NEXT job assignment, then drastically lowers it for x period of time. However, I have no idea.

Then there are those whom say it helps winning that difficult duel, finding that low percentage product, boosting general finding rate of items, securing sharp/precise/fancy items in the shops.

I do not have much experience with builders, but out of the buildings I've built thus far (gunsmith from lvl 7 to lvl 8), we ended up with getting a precise weapon, and no prayer done.

I can't say I have noticed anything after I stopped praying, but I could start praying again to see if I can percieve a change.

Honestly though; I belive most of the reports made on what praying does are a false positive derived from our tendency to see patterns where none are.

To sum it up: I honestly have no idea, and I don't think we have any conclusive date either way.

By gorry... this terminar rirry IS sarcasm-proof! :blink: < /fakechinese>

Seriously though, I was kidding. You've repeatedly stated that it does nothing, "just like IRL". :p

But thanks for the extended thoughts anyway. :)

DeletedUser

I answered past my bedtime, lol. So naturally I missed the sarcasm ;)

Anyways, now you got my reflections upon prayer in the-west :p

DeletedUser

lets face it you may as well ask how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

DeletedUser

lets face it you may as well ask how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

Man, I should ahve ended my "thouhgts post" with that.

Good summary of the whole thing.