Prayer is probably adds nothing

DeletedUser

Many people have speculated what the effect of Prayer is, but I think it's just a correction/synchronization of our accounts.

Possibly the way the programmers have designed the software, there may be some calculation or some other errors that creep into our accounts over time. Think of this similar to fragmentation of our hard disk and the need to defrag, or rounding errors in accounting. Hence the programmers may need to run a sub routine/mini program to adjust our player accounts in the right way.

Due to possible complexities of that sub routine and time to execute, it may not be wise to run it periodically and having the player pray in anticipation of something might be less tasking. The longer the duration before prayer, more will be the discrepancies and better the effect from praying.

So, IMO, it's not much at all. May be as a bonus, the programmers may have added in a temporary in-game bonus to make us more happy.

ALTERNATIVELY...
It could also be for duelers or workers who duel a lot. May be they need to pray, so that they may repent for their sins and may not be punished too much; this punishment would be in the form of other players finding it easier to duel against you.

DeletedUser

Due to possible complexities of that sub routine and time to execute, it may not be wise to run it periodically and having the player pray in anticipation of something might be less tasking. The longer the duration before prayer, more will be the discrepancies and better the effect from praying.

That's pretty cynical, isn't it? :unsure:

I like it. You may well be right. :laugh:

Why am I thinking I've seen an episode of ST:TOS based on an idea like this? :)

DeletedUser3741

From my results of prayer it increases my chance of finding items ONCE then reduces it for a week

Which is why I stopped praying

DeletedUser

Father,Son,Holy Ghost..........Who drinks the fastest gets the most *hic*.

DeletedUser

I dont quite understand what is the point of the church all what I hear of is getting punished by God and losing the amount of items you get from work surely there should be more things it should do.

I have not actually seen a village that has upgraded the church at all

DeletedUser

I dont quite understand what is the point of the church all what I hear of is getting punished by God and losing the amount of items you get from work surely there should be more things it should do.

I have not actually seen a village that has upgraded the church at all

Because you can't.

Wich reminds me of a hate mail I got in-game.
A very angre all caps-mail cursing at me for not upgrading the most important of all buildings, the church! :D

DeletedUser

Because you can't.

Wich reminds me of a hate mail I got in-game.
A very angre all caps-mail cursing at me for not upgrading the most important of all buildings, the church! :D

Nah, John, he just didnt like your face :laugh:

Or you KOed him previously and forgot abt it ^^

With regards to praying, I too pray no more.... because I find that instead of increasing my chances of finding stuff, it decreases it or has no effect. Maybe it's psychological... I dunno.

However, some builders swear by the fact that if they pray before the last of a building is constructed, better items in that store will appear for sale. That too isn't and can't be proven with numbers or math.

DeletedUser

My current thoery on praing is this:
It has the same funciton in-game as IRL.

Meaning; Nothing happens.

DeletedUser

Well, I haven't tried it and have no intention of trying it, but we get fancy items just fine when I build, so...

DeletedUser

I have tried praying before finishing buildings. We got a worn out slingshot and a rotten club. Praying is for people with free time. :)

DeletedUser

I have tried praying before finishing buildings. We got a worn out slingshot and a rotten club. Praying is for people with free time. :)

lol! :laugh:

We are such religious people here ^^... haha

I am totally deviating from this topic but I was wondering if we could choose the types of towns we wanted to build from the beginning... say...
1) Western Frontier town
2) American Indian Settlement

then the "church" wouldnt be a church in the settlement but rather a prayer ground where you can dance around some skulls.... how awesome would that be! ;) I think I might pray more then! lol

DeletedUser

hmm I doubt it'll happen dear Apple.
They don't want this to be a comwboy vs indian game.

However I would thoroughly enjoy beeing able to choose what kind of religion the town chose as it's own.

DeletedUser

I'm still new here, but I can't help but thinking that it has to be useful. I mean it's an option in terms of spending time, and the church takes up a building spot in our towns that could be filled with all kinds of other building types. I'm going to pray today, for only the second time. I didn't really notice anything the first time though.

DeletedUser

Maybe the church temporarily increases luck in duels and work... having said that, its more than likely a placebo! I haven't found jack from working recently so I'm going to give it a try.. :unsure:

DeletedUser

and now I seem to be worse at duelling and still I'm still not finding items... two words: bah guys