Feedback Policies for Spam Fort Battles

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Took you guys long enough, this should have been done 10 days ago.
Sometimes prudence demands we let things run their course for a bit to truly establish a pattern that justifies intervention. The battles before Oct. 18 were difficult to characterize as abusive, and 5 days or so is a reasonable delay to see if the player will continue the abuse, and/or if the community is able to resolve the issue without intervention.

Alduin

Sometimes prudence demands we let things run their course for a bit to truly establish a pattern that justifies intervention. The battles before Oct. 18 were difficult to characterize as abusive, and 5 days or so is a reasonable delay to see if the player will continue the abuse, and/or if the community is able to resolve the issue without intervention.
Theres literally an easy way out. Just take away the speed sets from people who constantly digging battles. We will see how many forts they can dig while it takes 10 minutes to move a single cell.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Theres literally an easy way out. Just take away the speed sets from people who constantly digging battles. We will see how many forts they can dig while it takes 10 minutes to move a single cell.
if only that were permitted...

C0OPeR

New rules just to prevent some play for achivments , i try keep atleast 6 hour before prime time battles so far to dont hurt prime time but it seems ingame modes just wanna rule this game how they wanna and like

JWillow

New rules just to prevent some play for achivments , i try keep atleast 6 hour before prime time battles so far to dont hurt prime time but it seems ingame modes just wanna rule this game how they wanna and like

Exactly why did you think you would prevail to hold fake battles when naughty pumpkin was stopped from doing so? Maybe naughty pumpkin had a time machine and was just getting there before you, the community didn't react well to those fake battles either.
Doesn't hurt primes, not sure it hasn't done that, there have been some unfilled battles.

Game modes(mods or fort strategist)? You do realize the actions taken was to do with all the tickets filed.

Also, you complain in the same sentence about game mods controlling game how they wanna, but you were forcing your pursuit on the whole world, at least the game mods waited for multiple players to file tickets before taking action. Maybe if you had waited till you gained support, ie maybe make small battles with even sides to make them worth it to all participants, then the actions would not have been needed. Though doing that would mean you would need to rank. lead, and get dressed for the battle. Which I am guessing would be too much of a time drain to you, instead of the less than 8 minutes you had to put in for each battle.

The achievements were made at a high number because they were meant to take years to gain, ie take up as much time as getting to level 250, not 5 months of forcing a community to suffer for your own personal agenda to game the system. Honestly having over 2k battles you are closer than a lot of the player base is. Maybe if you had taken a break from almost 24/7 dueling for achievements, you would have been even closer to 3k.

In the end, achievements that require team play, you might have to do more naturally, I know that is a hard concept for some that not every part of the game should be abused for one person's gain at the cost of rest of the player base.

Harsha..

What is the great hurry, Cooper? - do you have some doctor's appointment to go to? :p

If you attend 2 FFs daily for the next two years, you would get your achievement comfortably, all without going to these extreme lengths. You don't have to keep on pretending you care for quality FFs, we all know you don't care and only your personal achievements matter.

For more than a decade the community has been against Naughty Pumpkin's digs - yourself included. To turn around and do the exact same thing is sheer hypocrisy on your part.

C0OPeR

Harsha 2 battle a day will give me 700 , so u will need more than a year for pass fort battle achivments ...
If my 2 or 3 none prime time battle [ while i try finish my achivments battle minimum 6 hour before prime time battle or 3 hour after first none prime time ] hurt colorado fort battles or some people fun , i think church build hurt more than this , so it need to cap for 8 hour a day so people will come for fort battles , duels or ....

Jwillow , i control my achievments battle time , pumpking did not , he just dig during prime time as well

I think ingame fort battle moderator with rulling this 1 battle per 40 hour things , just abused them ingame power

buchstabensuppe

duels effecting only the people getting dueled but spam battles effecting the alliances thats why. have you ever heard a word "neglectable" ?

on most worlds duelling affects some dozens of players per day, spam fort battles there affect almost no one (discounting those defenders who have to sleep in that fort). Colorado is not everywhere.

I'm not really opposed to the rules, but i've got the feeling that these rules open too many holes for the NOMIC players - and these can only be stopped by either very clear and unambiguous rules (impossible here, because spamming and other mostly antisocial behaviours are impossible to define clearly), or by elastic clauses allowing GM intervention if they think it's needed.
But GM intervention is bound to get "misinterpreted" as being against a group of players (which is already happing, as goober is not well-liked by everyone), and needs some kind of guidelines - which is why i ask for the reasons.

Regards, Uwe

Jordy

The West Team
Forum moderator
It was called to our attention (much later than would be preferred) that the battle at Fluffy's Garage is a violation of the temporary additional restrictions (<40h after a prior off-prime dig by the same alliance). Players are reminded to file NEW tickets for distinct battles (replying to existing tickets can lead to unnecessary delays!)

Rather than canceling this battle we will be rescheduling it to the following day at the same time.

To fill the gap in the schedule left by this change, another no-bonus awesomia battle will be called in its place.

As the 40h rule is proving to be overly confusing, the restriction is being changed to "one 'off prime' declaration per Calendar day"

C0OPeR

It was called to our attention (much later than would be preferred) that the battle at Fluffy's Garage is a violation of the temporary additional restrictions (<40h after a prior off-prime dig by the same alliance). Players are reminded to file NEW tickets for distinct battles (replying to existing tickets can lead to unnecessary delays!)

Rather than canceling this battle we will be rescheduling it to the following day at the same time.

To fill the gap in the schedule left by this change, another no-bonus awesomia battle will be called in its place.

As the 40h rule is proving to be overly confusing, the restriction is being changed to "one 'off prime' declaration per Calendar day"
Hmm so one none prime time per day ?

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Hmm so one none prime time per day ?
The revised policy, effective when it was announced, establishes that players/allies (and collectively unallied towns) may dig one "off prime" battle per calendar day.

For further clarity:
"(and collectively unallied towns)" means: If you are a town without an alliance of appreciable size then you will be considered to be in an alliance with all other towns without an alliance of appreciable size. (Appreciable size will be determined by The Team as needed)

Furthermore, if multiple alliances are deemed to be coordinating digs to obstruct digs by other alliances on back-to-back days, they will be considered to be in an alliance together (at the sole discretion of The Team) -- there is an expectation that each willing alliance will have an opportunity to dig one battle every other day. To that end, digs within 15m of eachother will be settled in favor of the party that had the least recent dig.

Assuming no conflicts/violations
If you dig at 00:01 on Oct.,26 your town/ally's next permissible off-prime dig is 00:01 on Oct. 27
If you dig at 13:01 on Oct.,26 your town/ally's next permissible off-prime dig is 00:01 on Oct. 27

In total there can be as many off-prime battles as the schedule can accommodate given the 6h clause of the spam policy.
In theory there could be as many as 5 off-prime battles on a given day

C0OPeR

I Am sure these rules will change again again as i will manage to build alliance with all none alliance town and then we will have new rules just to ingame stuffs prevent me doing off prime times for achievment matter

C0OPeR

If the "achievement spam" remains an issue during and beyond the event we can and will take more direct action.
Spam ? As CM say before , the days pumpink dugs , spam are when digger dont come for his / her battles and CM make a rule for it if i am not wrong !
U Guys can not rule none prime time battles with your wishes while there is time between each other and there is time for between them and prime time ones

I wanna hear our CM too about changing these rules by your guys each day just to prevent players gameplay
Some play for build , some play for duels , some play for gather products , some play for fort battle and some play for achivments , its part of game , there is fort battle achivments and u guys wanna prevent us to pass it and make a delay for it ...

NovaStar

is this still applicable with the change of CM duties? Do we still have "fort battle strategists? AND...lastly, is it applicable for all worlds?

@mnnielsen

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager

is this still applicable with the change of CM duties? Do we still have "fort battle strategists? AND...lastly, is it applicable for all worlds?

@mnnielsen
the only thing that has changed is that Syntex and I have changed jobs - nothing else :-))

RaiderTr

Bottom of that post says "© These policies have been approved by InnoGames as of June 2023." so very unlikely to see a change anyway