Peter Pan v Jesus: A comparison

DeletedUser

Give them another million years and they may evolve and have stripes then :p

DeletedUser

I agree with you, partially. I have, in the past, explained the erroneous conclusions presented by Creationists. The basis to their arguments, as you indicated, is on placing belief on the same footing as scientific analysis. But for "science" being grounded whilst "belief" is groundless, we find the 'created' battlefield.
Neither the evolution model or the creation model can be proven scientifically. What we must do is decide which model best explains the facts that we do know.

The means to argue Creationism is to attack the theories of evolution (and yes, it is plural, not singular), rather than grounding Creationism. In other words, since Creationism cannot be grounded, instead of attempting to give 'evidence,' Creationists attempt to discredit 'evidence' that supports various aspects of differing theories in evolution.
We are trying to show you that your model does not fit the facts.

Evolution is both concrete evidence (fact) and supported conclusion (theory), while Creationism is neither. There are not facts to Creationism (saying something exists does not make it so, and thus the Bible is not 'fact'), nor are there theories (because there is no evidentiary support).
Evolution is not fact; it is only theory. Creationism is a theory as well.

However, we all know evolution is not a belief system, nor is it a religion. It is no more a religion than the broader, yet intersecting, fields of cosmology, physics, or biology. The thing is, it is easier to attack 'someone' than it is to attack 'something,' and infinitely easier than to provide scientific analysis and evidence in support of thier "feelings," i.e., beliefs.
Evolutionism gives Atheism respectability.

“Evolution is unproved and unprovable. We believe it because the only alternative is special creation, and that is unthinkable.” – Sir Arthur Keith, anthropologist

“When it comes to the origin of life on this earth, there are only two possibilities: creation or spontaneous generation (evolution). There is no third way. Spontaneous generation was disproved one hundred years ago, but that leads us only to one other conclusion: that of supernatural creation. We cannot accept that on philosophical grounds (personal reasons); therefore, we choose to believe the impossible: that life arose spontaneously by chance.” – Dr. George Wald, winner of a 1967 Nobel Prize

I'd also like to post this quote:
“It is absurd for the evolutionist to complain that it is unthinkable for an admittedly unthinkable God to make everything out of nothing and then pretend that it is more thinkable that nothing should turn itself into everything.” – G. K. Chesterton, author and Christian apologist

DeletedUser

I've completely lost my place in this topic, so I guess I'm done here. No clue what to reply to. Just builds up too fast.

DeletedUser

True. It can't. Faith is what supports creationism and religion. If faith was never part of the human psychology, there would be no such thing as religion. Compare faith to the West. Faith is the hope people had by moving and gaining new land. Religion is the chance of that happening. There are really small chances of a lucky guy gaining a huge sum of cash from prospecting gold and smaller chances of surviving the West through and through. Hypothesis is the guess and fact and base of all of this. If I am correct, I'll use math for this. The problem is say x + 4 = 9. The guess is x = 5. However, we need to use math to prove and make this a fact. So we subtract both sides by 4 and 9 - 4 = 5 = x. That is the fact that it is the base of it. Simple, but to prove it we need to give facts and show it. I believe something made this universe by faith. Prove me it doesnt.

DeletedUser

James the Hunter, proof is on your end. You must provide proof, or evidence, to support your claim. There is no means to provide proof, therefore it is neither a theory nor a fact. It is merely a great white ape pulled out of the rectum of your imagination.

----------

Justin Michael, there is no "evolution model" and there is definitely no "creationism model." Again, giving labels to something in an effort to provide a strawman that can be punched.

There are no facts to 'fit' creationism. There are merely unanswered questions that "ANYTHING" can be posed as an answer.

Examples: Life began - God created life, life began - a great white ape created life, life began - a ball of goo suddenly decided to grow eyes and say "mama." All are possible, based on the unavailability of "who" created life. However, science (in its most broadest of labels and definitions), is not the study of who, but of how, and therefore it is not a theological exploit into masterbative circular rationalizing, but a progressive reasoning process.

What we know, based the information attained through examination of fossils, chemical and biological compositions, and cosmological activity, is that there are fundamental similarities, and those similarities follow ever-growing patterns of complexity. These patterns, when posed against scientific methodology, provide insight into "how" things work, and thus it is due to science we now are able to live in air-conditioned homes, drive tricked-out automobiles, and chat on a thing we call the internet. Each of these nice toys are due to scientific discoveries and the experiments that ensued. Engineering, as a field of study, could not exist without scientific methods of examining data, information, evidence, chemical and biological reactions.

There is no friggin' way you could say "any religion" provided "any" measureable technological advancements. In fact, one could easily present how religions have historically, and repeatedly, interfered with technological advancements, as it continues to do even now.

It is, in fact, scientific research into nucleic acids (chemistry/biology) that have driven so many recent discoveries, and it is the understanding of such that fuels the accumulation of "VERIFIABLE" data, which serves as evidence to the "facts" of evolution.

So, when you erroneously claim that the process of evolution has no basis in fact, you're simply speaking from a podium of ignorance. Ignorance on chemical, biological, evolution as both facts and theorem, and a myriad of other scientific fields of study.

But you are correct on one point (and one point alone). There is no friggin' way someone could prove or disprove creationism, other than to find an alien's registered trademark tattoed to each dna molecule and, of course, we meet this alien in person, or at least his ancestors. But, even then, creationists will contend aliens were 'created' by God, and so the cycle never ends, because there is no 'verifiable' means to determine WHO, only HOW.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We like people with brains that know how to write their beliefs and opinions. If you can't be bothered to read then skip it.

DeletedUser

Yay! You can copy and paste. Now maybe you can explain that in your own words.

DeletedUser

Yay! You can copy and paste. Now maybe you can explain that in your own words.
ok,hindus is the 3rd largest religion and mostly in India and only Hindu country Nepal,India is not Hindu country have 900million Hindu but many Muslims more than any Muslim country and 20 million christians.Many religions like Buddhism,Sikh and Jainism are founded here.Gutambudh the founder of Buddha religion take birth here and never go to china or japan to spread it.There are famous books of religion but most important is Bhagvatgita.there are also stories of Ramayana and Mahabharata 2 of most longest story in world and some part of them are read in every religious practise.most of vegetarians are Hindu and i am also pure vegetarian.there are about thousands of god in Hindus but most important are Vishnu and Shiva.there are many religious practise on almost every work such as birth,death,new vehicle,house,new job,etc.

DeletedUser

Just because you can copy and paste something and then break it down in a *******ized manner into your own words does not mean you understand nor believe in what you are saying.

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

In my own words that breaks down to 'you are a troll'.

DeletedUser

you are a dancing troll and thats my religion i know better about it you scum-head and i knew not a single slang but in real world i knew more than you know english words so stay shut or you will be crying

DeletedUser

That may be your religion but you still haven't told us what it means to you.

Seriously, scum-head and bookworm. Are you 9?