Obscurity- RPG

DeletedUser

She watched the exchange between the two other Chinese men and the lawman. They paid him respect in tone and bearing and her reservations eased. They did not feel the need to protect their women from the lawman. Surely, he was a man that would treat her right as well.

The little girl's smile was reassuring, but so many things had happend so fast that she was confused and worried all at the same time.

Quiyue couldn't help the need to turn back and look at the lawman as the young girl led her toward the tents. "You come back soon, lawman?" There was a distinct quiver to her voice and she stopped before being drawn into a tent, waiting for his answer.

DeletedUser

While at the hideout Cole looked though the stuff he stole from the miner, " Lets see a Pick axe, a hatchet, some food, and... ooo a shiny winchester.

DeletedUser

"Whenever you need me too. Just ask Lee here and I shall be here as fast as I can," he said with a smile. He climbed back onto Bill and then motioned to Wang to come over.

James whispered into his ear in Chinese and Wang nodded. He saluted James and James saluted back. James turned Bill around and went back to the town, which was two miles away from the river. Wang turned back around and said,"We set tent now." Wang and the rest of the people went to go help Quiyue with her tent.

DeletedUser

it seemed as though the people she found herself among were the best kind of people. They stopped what they were doing to help her set up her tent. The families were full of energy and Quiyue soon found herself smiling through tears of joy. Since leaving her own village and family in China she had not felt such happiness.

She helped the other women prepare the next meal and later led the children to and from the river to bring water for the laundry. She spend the rest of the day happily washing clothes, ignoring the intermittent scrapes on her hands and the burning sensation of the rough soap she used.

DeletedUser

As James was riding back to town, he heard a very loud, very familiar whistle. He looked up to see Coyote cantering down the mountainside to meet him.

"Our path looks safe. There are no other Red Men around, and the bandits have been and gone.I do not think they will not return to that area for a while," Coyote tossed his rifle back to James, "I do not think I will need a rifle. If we get in danger, I have my bow and knife."

DeletedUser

James had gotten back to the stable and brought Bill in. "Yes I know she's beautiful. But Im an old man. Now when I was fifty-three that's a different. But Im sixty years old now!!! I got maybe ten or twenty on me left Bill," he said as he brought Bill into his stall. Bill whinnied and James replied,"You make a valid point. I shall think of that later." James got a chunk of hay and threw it into the stall and then said,"Talk to you in the morning Bill."

Wang and Lee stood next to eachother talking."James put's this much trust in her Wang?" Lee said in Mandarin. Wang replied,"He is too kind. But we owe him much so we shall listen to what he says." Lee nodded and went to his tent. Wang looked back at the girl then back at Lee's tent. Lee came out and threw a wrapped package to Wang. Wang went into Quiyue's tent and laid the package on the ground. Wang quickly exited and said in Mandarin to Lee,"Giving a women a gun. This didn't happen back home Lee." Lee replied,"She looks strong. And James said so. Now listen and don't complain."

Wang sighed and both of them went to a tent in the middle of the camp. Lee whispered into Sue's ear and she ran over to Quiyue. "Dinner's ready," she said as she skipped back to the dinner tent.

DeletedUser

Goes over sees little worn out path tied horse down and drinks whiskey and gets drunk.

DeletedUser13682

As soon as the camp was set up, Rolf and co. went directly to work. For a while, nothing was found but rocks, mud, and water, but about midday, right after a short lunch, Johann found gold. There was much celebration, and more prospecting in the area of Johann's find. By the end of the day, over $1,000 in gold had been found, and the German-Americans relaxed, and drank whiskey.

DeletedUser

she ran over to Quiyue. "Dinner's ready," she said as she skipped back to the dinner tent.

Quiyue pinned the last shirt to the line that one of the men had hung for her and wiped her hands on her apron. Looking at her palms she tisked at the red irritation on her skin from the harsh soap and made her way forward. She moved to the 'kitchen' area and asked if she could help serve the meal.

While she waited for the answer she couldn't help but look to see if the lawman was going to appear for the meal.

DeletedUser

Whill he sat drinking he saw a couple of deer. He laughs then burps while taking out colt 45.'s and fires rapidly at the deer laughing while doing it. After doing that he goes into town and shoots a wondering chicken pecking at rocks on the road.

DeletedUser

((Back In the Stagecoach))

Stare-downs weren't exactly her favorite pastime, but she wasn't about to be the first one to break the silence. He raised a single eyebrow that seemed both haughty and laughing at the same time. She returned it, but doubted there was any hint of amusement in her eyes. They continued to sit, neither of them saying a word. The storm was still raging outside, and the driver seemed to have turned on to a more precarious path. Virginia could barley hear the driver shouting at the team over the deafening sound of the wind and rain. The coach jolted. Once, twice. It lunged forward throwing both of them. The man reach across her, protecting her head from slamming into the door. As she turned, she could see him wincing in pain. "I'm so sorry, are you alright?" she asked genuinely concerned. He grinned. "I win."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lee turned and said,"Yes you can. And if your wondering, James will not be here. He had business to deal with. With some Indians or something. I've never heard of them before.....he said something about somebody from seven years ago." Lee smiled at her and said,"Don't worry about James my dear. He's a strong man. Saves us around.....ten years ago. Brought us back and we return the favor to him now helping."

James was in his office smoking from his calumet. He pulled out his pocket watch from his vest and asked to himself,"Where could they be?" James was getting very anxious now as he continued to smoke from his calumet.

DeletedUser

OCC: Rawdog, that is considered plot killing. I ask you delete that post and stop spamming or I will report you to the mods. Thank you.

DeletedUser

QIUYUE:

She listened to Lee's words and felt as though a new side of the lawman had been shown to her. She was quickly swept up in the business of feeding the masses of people that worked for him. They all looked happy... and healthy... and... hopeful. It was something he hadn't seen ... or felt in a long time.

She swiped at a tear as one of the young children pulled her to a place amongst the family when she tried to sit off by herself.

There was something about this place that seemed strange to her... as though it wasn't real. It was a long way from China... but even in a few hours it had begun to feel like home.

DeletedUser

James had gotten up with one hand on his calumet. He paces the office, a puff of smoke flying into the air every step he took. James kept pacing the room and looked at his pocket watch. "Where could they, she, be?" he asked himself. He finished off the last of the calumet and put it down. "Argh.....I'm going to check on the families. I'll leave a note if she gets here while Im gone," James said to himself. He wrote down on a piece of paper then ran to the stables. He took Bill out of his stall and got on. He started to gallop down the street to the tents.

DeletedUser

James had gotten to the tents. He put Bill aside and when Lee heard someone, he came out of his tent. Lee said,"Did you meet her?" James shook his head and sighed. "Maybe there just late my friend," Lee said. James smiled and said,"Im going to go check on Quiyue." James walked past Lee and went over to her tent.

DeletedUser

QUIYUE:

Within the confines of her tent, Quiyue had set up a bowl of water to bathe with.

There were few possessions entirely her own, one of them being a small amount of soap that she had been given by a friend before leaving China. It was precious to her and at times when her mind was confused or if she needed comfort, she would remove it from her pack instead of using the soap she washed the clothes with.

Facing the back of the tent she removed her jacket and the thin shift beneath it, kneeling on the ground in her leggings she dipped a sponge into the water and lifted it to her skin.

It felt like heaven on earth. She slid the sponge up along side her neck and down the length of her arm. Again she dipped the sponge into the water and lifted it to the gentle curve of her breast.

DeletedUser

James had opened the door to her tent when he saw what she was doing. He closed it quickly and stood there red. He saw her and he was shocked by it. She was completely beautiful. And for a man who's only cared for two other people in the world like that, beauty was something he felt. He walked back a little and sat on a box, waiting for awhile for her to finish.

DeletedUser

She felt his eyes on her and wasn't upset by it... not the way she would have been back in China... since she'd come to America men had touched her any way they wanted. They'd paid to touch her... paid to bed her... paid to hurt her.

James... he'd been helpful to her... given her a job. If he'd tried to take her she would have let him... she would have turned her head or looked at him if he wanted.. but she wouldn't have 'felt' anything...

but the fact that he'd left her to bathe... that he hadn't demanded or taken anything from her...

he'd 'touched' her in a way he probably didn't realize.