New bond shop - what did you get in a box?

DeletedUser

For the rest I actually had a lot more success with the items than I did before the shop so the steels have improved I think.

Thanks. I didn't want to waste precious bonds on steels if they were just going to drop nothing but recipes and shop items.

DeletedUser25892

Thanks. I didn't want to waste precious bonds on steels if they were just going to drop nothing but recipes and shop items.

Well Elmyr, you will find quite a bit of recipes because like out of about 20 I opened I got I think 4 lvl 600 recipes and several named items and then the rest were fancy/precise type items. You will still get shop items, but it seems they have significantly altered the steel box to be more competitive as I would take my chances with 7 of these vs 1 premium :).

MM2099

DeletedUser

I've got 2 steel lined on different worlds from the shop, got gentleman's dinner recipe both times, I don't craft so a complete waste for me.

DeletedUser22685

After reading the feedback in this thread, I decided to try my luck with a steel chest and got a precise percussion rifle.

Spaceydk

another 5 steel today and 2 recipes both TP and I need FC.
So the new 10K recipes drop at about 10% or more which is way to much. So far I've gotten 4 TP, and one MS from about 40 boxes.
Over all steels have improved s lot but the recipes are to common.

I got 2 TP recipes, fancy coat, fancy soft black leg guards and Fancy Stetson, can not complain about the non-recipe items.

Last edited:

Spaceydk

Dropping the recipes like a common item is an issue.
Why drop recipes that are easy to get from drops like the 450 ones everyone and their mother have those doing TM and Break up Gangs.

In my opinion the drop rate of the 5K and 10K recipes level 600 should be less than 1% with them available as lucky drops (5K one).

Leave the level 450 out of the steel boxes, include the 600's with a rare chance to get, include the 5K level 600 recipe as a drop where the luck drop is over 5K.

What I would have done were:
Level 600 5K - Available as a luck drop and 1-2% steel chest chance.
Level 600 10K - Steel chests with .5-1% chance to get.

The markets are going to be flooded with the 10K recipes and everyone hunting for the 5K ones.

So if someone bought a steel and gets a 5K or 10K recipe they can sell it on the market for a good price! I were out early and sold level 600 10K recipes for silly money.

DeletedUser

I think the point is to entice people to craft and then when they realize how futile it is, they'll buy extended barrels or whatever....

DeletedUser

lol nice one, Elmyr. They could at least make it better than the goldens damage-wise, but it might be the best item for some skills. If a working crafting alliance was implemented, it might possibly be easier to gather some items for one of these weapons than to go through the golden saber/colt quests.

DeletedUser3230

Steel Lined Box
Black Coat
Fancy Leather Pants
Recipe: Fabled Antidote

DeletedUser

It is now obvious that "first" 600 recipes (watchmaker tools, canned beans etc.) will be much harder to obtain.

DeletedUser

It is now obvious that "first" 600 recipes (watchmaker tools, canned beans etc.) will be much harder to obtain.

I don't know about that. I've found weightless leather on jobs on two worlds and one of them was w8 in my 60s.

Oh yeah, and unique chest: blue leather pants. I won't be buying any more of them.

DeletedUser

did anyone find 525 recipe (2500$) from a box?

I'm scared to hear the answer to that myself. The search for brew goulash on w2 is killing me. You may make me have to start buying boxes there.

DeletedUser14006

Tell me about it!

I have been looking for the level 525 blacksmith recipe 'Create Hip Flask' to no avail.

Been checking the market for months nothing, found 3 level 550 recipes but not a single level 525 meh.......