Multis

DeletedUser

josh knows im always on... if they really didnt want to multi us they would have contacted any one of the black hats. its obvious they wanted to and the rant on the wellwood fort was merely a 'see we tried to be nice' type of play.

DeletedUser

Multi standards...

I can't help loving the different morals and (double) standards that a "certain group" of players display on different worlds - awesome :cool:

On one world multies are the scourge of The West on another they are the means for the nugget-noobs to punish those who do not respect their ATORATAHHH (cartman style)...

It's just Priceless... unless you play premium of course :razz:

canufeelit

damn i missed the fun :(

all egos aside, the point is the "agreement" was made by both sides to try to keep forting alive in w12. perhaps this is what we should be getting back to.

DeletedUser

OMG... So DragonFlyBG didn't insult me after all but a player with this *insertguesswhatherethat'dbringyoumisery* nick actually exists?!

DragonFly, if you didn't delete yet, I publically apologize for misunderstanding.

damn i missed the fun :(
You also missed spending nuggets. Don't forget that. No, I'm not starting a conspiracy theory that mods deliberately made those multis on w12 twice, so we spend nuggets on traveltime halving. Do not even think about that. Someone else made that theory already, and that one is not me.

Last edited by a moderator:

canufeelit

well i was off getting GG so no i didn't miss spending nuggets...

but i think osama is still alive and planning on calling more multis

DeletedUser

Dunno about Osama...
But last night I've seen Rob Grim alive - and I don't remember seeing him online for half a year now. ;)

DeletedUser

Well, it seems a few towns have created 'Death Before Dawn' and have left The Alliance.

Three alliances on World 12? I like it. Time to stir the pot and mix things up a bit. ;)

DeletedUser

Well maybe if you had noticed then even another one had been formed away from the alliance, but nevertheless, you can still be sure that even if The Alliance has split in two with DBD breaking away they still will have the same aim and direction and unity towards the one enemy of IHLAG so stirring the pot will still have the same ones against you but now with different alliance titles but still working together :)

DeletedUser

From the topic on multis to whatever other topic... If I did that... It'd be "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!".

I hope I'm bringing some good and ontopic news this time. Devs decided it's a high time to stop those silly multis as halving the traveltime premium was not ment to be used as an godlike ability to nick 20 forts just because your town has 50 rich players that can teleport instantly all across the map as they wish.

The system is not in the 1.31 changelog but is a part of that update and is being tested this very moment on both beta and german .de1. If all goes well, we'll get it with the update 1.31.

How does it work?
Every next battle costs more if there are battles declared prior to it. The price raises by the power of 2.

With numbers:
If there is no dig in the fort overview and you dig a large fort, it'll cost you 10.000$. After a few hours someone else goes to dig another large fort, it'll cost him 10.000*2=20.000$. After a few hours, the third dig on the large fort will cost 10.000*4, because 2^2=4. Fourth addition to the fort overview, let's say it's now on the mid fort, will cost a digger 5.000*8, 8 because 2^3=8.

Sometimes I'm hard on devs, I admit.
But I love this change. And I hope it'll be applied on every single world - ASAP.

Wanna link? Yea, well, I've provided it on the shared alliance forum. Others can only trust on my word. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How does it work?
Every next battle costs more if there are battles declared prior to it. The price raises by the power of 2.

With numbers:
If there is no dig in the fort overview and you dig a large fort, it'll cost you 10.000$. After a few hours someone else goes to dig another large fort, it'll cost him 10.000*2=20.000$. After a few hours, the third dig on the large fort will cost 10.000*4, because 2^2=4. Fourth addition to the fort overview, let's say it's now on the mid fort, will cost a digger 5.000*8, 8 because 2^3=8.

If you think that does anything to improve fort battles you are dead wrong.

Imagine a new world with some 80.000 - 100.000 profiles, it would simply kill fort battles.

If anyone who wants to call a battle, especially early on in the game has to pay double or 3 times the price then it will automattically limit the number of battles (as intended) but also cultivate and accomodate a lot fewer fort fighters. Why should town x in the west pay 20.000 because some unrelated town in the east has already declared a battle - makes NO sense?

20.000 is a lot of cash early on in the game, even for the rich towns - the effect will not be to limit multi battles but to limit ALL battles and thus have fewer players be able to do battles every day - although I am sure that the hardcore west elite wont really care about that as long as you get yours!

(of course the most important thing in such a set-up is missing from your post, at what rate and speed of time does the cost of battles go down again)

As to multi battles, under a new set-up outlined by you, the tactics is clear instead of the nugget-noobs being the power-trippers it will now be the pure traders. All you need to do is get a lot of cash in town declare the first few battles and your opponent is now royally screwed 'cause the more attacks you get in first the more expensive it is for him to counter on your forts. And if your town ain't filled with relatives of Scrooge McDuck then you are also up the creek without a paddle... I will bet my right hand that the people who came up with these ideas are the most hardcore players cause any such changes to fort battles would ONLY serve to help the battle addicts, fewer battles populated by the same players will be the result, effectively making battles a privat party with invites only - how is there going to be room for the noobs and newbies when the battles addicts run from battle to battle, you can't afford to take on the noobs when the enemy is filled with experienced nugget-tanks, especially not when it will cost you an arm and a leg just declaring a battle to re-claim what you lost... unless you of couse have a week and a lot of sparetime to wait for an open spot in the battles where it wont cost you $20.000-40.000 to declare an attack.

And how would the mecahnics work in that set-up - differented price-ranges on different sizes of forts? or can I run around attacking smallforts at the cost of 1.500 then 3.000 and then 4.500 making it so anyone wanting a big battle would have to pay 40.000-50.000.... the possibility for sabotage is endless.

In theory the solution could work on the old dying worlds if it was not for the fact that cash is not short on any world by now, plenty of towns has 100.000+ in the bank and so it makes little difference in practice. And on dead worlds like W12 you can just counter on smaller forts for a smaller cost, the effect will be the same. A small drive to run up donations in town, from the 40 players who have not donate in the longest time and wupti you have 250.000 in the bank... if players are willing to re-skill and burn nuggets all day long to get their battle fix there will also be players willing to become Fort Knox-TradingTanks and just generate the extra cash needed to continue whatever strategy they like.

But this rule should have been implemented on a town basis long agao, if your town has declared a battle then you need to wait a certain lenght of time or pay more, it would not solve the problem but could stop the most prolific towns.

Short of Inno going all out and implementing a time limit or cap on the number of battles there will be NO real way to solve the issue of multi battles.

But there is some very easy steps that could be taken to limit them:
1. "Remove the nugget-warp option", it should not be possible to cut more than 50-70 % of the travel time no matter how many nuggets you use (Oats should still do the job, just not nuggets) . This will remove the battle-crazy days as they are always started by nugget-noobs warping across the map.

2. "Town limits on battles". A town should only be allowed to use a certain amount of cash for battles in 24 hours or there could be a cap on how many battles 1 town can call in 24 hours.
Yes, players could just split up in more town, but that again would need more cash and greater coordination. The limit could also be put on the alliances but that would be counter productive.

3. "Player battle caps" - a player can only take part in 1 fort battle every 5-6 hours.
If players are limited from doing several battles in a row the tactics of multi battles are less usefull (at least on bigger forts) as most fighting forces needs to move their most active players between forts, if they can't do that they can't be effective. It does not remove the battle it self but forces the attacks to plan it for later if they wish to re-use the same fighters.

I have used multi battles more than most on the .Net servers and it would not take me long to work around the proposal you have outlined Joxer, you will have to come to the conclusion that there is no real way to get rid of multi battles without fundamentally altering the fort game/rules.

The idea you talk of sounds to me like just another ill-conceived Inno quick-fix that will end up having unintended effects and consequences that will have just as negative an effect on battles as multies has today... perhaps with the small difference that it will benefit the most hardcore fort-fighters at the expense of others.

AND WHY SHOULD IT BE SO? divide and conquer has always been a implemented strategy in all kinds of warfare.... it should continue to be so, and any changes done to fort battles without taking into account the reason for multibattles is really only serving one kind of player, the "me me me" pure fort fighter with his golden gun and nugget inflated HP!

(excuse the spelling, don't have time to check it)

DeletedUser

Miss first I apologize because I didn't know several months ago that you exist. So I thought another forum member is just insulting me by mentioning your nick.

Second, this forum contains an Ideas section. Post the idea there, please. In w12 forum section many players who don't play w12 won't see it at all. Now, you might ask me why I didn't post the devs' quickfix (as you call it) in the Saloon section. I'll tell you why. Because the thread "multis" already exist and if I opened another one about the same thing... Sorry about that.

I'm trying to keep this short, so just a few tings:
- I don't care for small forts and multis or counters on small forts, dig them, take them, keep them. And I'm not alone with this thought.
- So called "pure fort fighter" doesn't exist. You may impress newbs with that phrase, but not those who do jobs, duels and quests beside fortfighting. Not to mention that the so called "pure fort fighter" will probably soon become pure qack doctor or pure field cook.
- Nugget inflated HP is one of reasons for the "cap HP" idea in the Ideas forum section. Please visit that thread, share your thoughts about it.

DeletedUser20647

They're not trying to fix multis with this, they want to get money out of the game... what are you troglodytes talking about?

DeletedUser

Dunno what money they're trying to get out since multis were getting money out already. But I know they're trying to stop nuggetwasting on teleportation on every fake certain players make for a reason only they know and we can only speculate.

In any case TW2 went gold, and the bonus content got released, thus I've changed the avatar as promised.

DeletedUser

3. "Player battle caps" - a player can only take part in 1 fort battle every 5-6 hours.
If players are limited from doing several battles in a row the tactics of multi battles are less usefull (at least on bigger forts) as most fighting forces needs to move their most active players between forts, if they can't do that they can't be effective. It does not remove the battle it self but forces the attacks to plan it for later if they wish to re-use the same fighters.

I know this is off-topic from world 12. But, man this is a truly awful idea. Maybe if you made it a cap on fort attacks instead of fort battles it would could would reduce multis. But limiting the number of battles a player could be a part of would encourage multis with a little more time between the battles. Attackers would bail from the first attack and go to the second one, leaving all the defenders from the first battle unable to defend another fort for 5-6 hours.

DeletedUser

Dunno what money they're trying to get out since multis were getting money out already. But I know they're trying to stop nuggetwasting on teleportation on every fake certain players make for a reason only they know and we can only speculate.

In any case TW2 went gold, and the bonus content got released, thus I've changed the avatar as promised.

I am not on world 12, but I am on world 10, where the same thing goes on. Maybe multis are so popular now, since the golden fort rifle has taken and corrupted the game. There would be no need for multi's if things were fair.

For example today on a fort battle at 10.

You shot at astro5 and caused 289 damage!
Gunsmoke 4ever shot at you, but missed.
Sledge dog has hit you for 343 damage.
kennyken18 has hit you for 343 damage.
stozzy has hit you for 343 damage.

3 our of 4 golden guns....hitting an adventurer. I am no god on fort battles. I did have though a 70-80 dodge rating...114 hiding, 55 dodge, 12 reflex, 12 horseback, 20 swimming, 70 aim, 132 shooting, 60 setting traps, 84 fms, 50 repair. 8 vigor, 9 stamina, 197 leadership, 95 tactics, 70 trading, 70 animal instinct, and 125 appearance. No god at all, but to be hit, 3 times in a row for the same exact damage....maybe it's too powerful...if you didn't have people noobing by stacking bonuses, there would be no need for multing, no need for fakes, Instead you got noobs piling it on. There must be some way to balance this, let's make them waste nuggets teleporting...let's make them work to kill us. This anti multi act...PAH. I love the game, but it's being ruined, and anti multis will only ruin it further....Devs, just remove fort battles completely....you'll be doing everyone a favor! Better yet....delete the game completely. As for people complaining about multi's, yeah multi's suck, but it is part of the game, next you'll be complaining your being dueled multiple times a day! Might as well remove dueling too. It's unfair...only the rich can keep spending money to buy items on the market to restore their health.