Rejected Multi Hunter of the month

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I still think it's a bad idea. Why not just report every single player on one world? You'll have a bad batting average, but you'll get a lot of multis. If you have reason to suspect someone, report them. This might result in 100% or better more bonafide reports, but the frivolous ones just hoping to "win" will skyrocket.

DeletedUser

I still think it's a bad idea. Why not just report every single player on one world? You'll have a bad batting average, but you'll get a lot of multis. If you have reason to suspect someone, report them. This might result in 100% or better more bonafide reports, but the frivolous ones just hoping to "win" will skyrocket.

but could be added Reporter points

every wrong report you lose 1 point.
every correct report you won 2 points.

and then

2 points - Reporter (Bronze)
25 points - Law Enforcer (Silver)
75 points - Bounty Hunter (Gold)
-20 points - Epic Fail (Wreath)

DeletedUser

but could be added Reporter points

every wrong report you lose 1 point.
every correct report you won 2 points.

and then

2 points - Reporter (Bronze)
25 points - Law Enforcer (Silver)
75 points - Bounty Hunter (Gold)
-20 points - Epic Fail (Wreath)

Having a medal for bad reports will also encourage people to make frivolous reports. A medal is a medal to some people.

Diggo11

In preparation for the poll to be added tomorrow, I have edited the first post with all discussed improvements.

DeletedUser

subject to SIGNIFICANT abuse.
how do we know the reporter doesn't have friends use work IP's, etc to create multi accounts.
also, if you are going to have the positive / negative points it needs to be 1 to 1 or 2 to 1, ie +1/2 for a caught & -1 for a mistake, otherwise players won't report "suspicious" accounts, because they don't want their score to drop by -2.

If the ONLY reward is a MEDAL, than I like it, otherwise it will just create more multies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not even sure why this is in Development Discussions come to think of it. This doesn't seem like a matter for the devs, but for the staff of any particular world who cares to implement it. Medals would have to be added manually anyway, just like the one for reporting bugs in Beta.

Diggo11

The medal would have to be made by the devs and Inno codes it's own admin tools iirc, so I'm sure they could link it to the game ;)

DeletedUser

I am an admin in another game and one of my jobs is to catch multis and cheats. But I think this is a bad idea.

Vote/ No

DeletedUser14006

I am an admin in another game and one of my jobs is to catch multis and cheats. But I think this is a bad idea.

Vote/ No

I have milk in the fridge, does not neccesarily mean I have a cow in the garden :unsure:

DeletedUser16628

Way to much opportunity for abuse I have a couple townmates who have been banned then were allowed back because they did nothing wrong according to admin rewarding for reporting this would mean lot's of problems in my humble opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.