Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9470

Idea title: Ground sector bonus change in fb fights

Details of idea: Ground sectors would give a slight bonus to attackers and defenders:
| Outside the fort Ground bonus| Inside the fort Ground bonus
Attackers|+1|-1
Defenders|-1|+1

Visual Aid: none

Reasons for submitting:
I find it extremely odd that to defend a fort you have to run around blocking sectors outside of the fort.
Giving these bonuses would change fort battle tactics:
-Attackers would have a better hit ratio against other sectors outside the fort which would make defenders a lot less keen to block sectors, but as attackers mount the walls and towers the balance would then change in defenders favour making it easier to block the flag and kill the attackers.

This gives the attackers more advantages than defenders as they get more flexible in their tactics, which would lead to defenders also being more tactical. as well.

I think old first round "jump in" tactic would be brought back because attackers would be able to clear walls better, attackers would then be lead to coordinating north wall jumps
but, defenders would also be able to defend a lot better from the ground inside the fort which could lead to better targeting coordination and we would see a lot more concealment with the use of inside buildings.

idk just a thought...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I find it extremely odd that to defend a fort you have to run around blocking sectors outside of the fort.
Giving these bonuses would change fort battle tactics

That won't change tactics at all. Penalty or no, blocking will still be a priority. Changing sector bonuses will be absolutely meaningless as far as advent blockers go.

DeletedUser9470

That won't change tactics at all. Penalty or no, blocking will still be a priority. Changing sector bonuses will be absolutely meaningless as far as advent blockers go.

for sure, but you wont see any of the others...
in that sense already it makes a slight change in favour of the attack.

DeletedUser

You might as well lower tower and wall bonuses, which would be more realistic than saying being on the ground outside the fort shooting at someone within the protective walls of a fortified structure somehow gives them an advantage.

DeletedUser9470

You might as well lower tower and wall bonuses, which would be more realistic than saying being on the ground outside the fort shooting at someone within the protective walls of a fortified structure somehow gives them an advantage.

not at all because that would have a completely different effect.
the point is defenders get bonus inside the fort, attackers get bonus outside...
i know, i should have drawn a picture for you.

DeletedUser

Modification vs Zero mots - copied from own thread. Well, I know the format template, but this is really too simple to warrant the whole works.

Proposal:
Modify the duel experience formula so that the minimum 5exp is not affected by motivation level.
Instead of the experience formula being

Exp = (( 7*loserduellinglevel - 5*winnerduellinglevel) + 5) * Motivation%

it would become

Exp = (( 7*loserduellinglevel - 5*winnerduellinglevel) * Motivation%) + 5

It would take 5 minutes to change the code and would ensure that every duel earns at least 5 experience points.

Problems:

None. On all duels where motivation >80% there would be no effect at all, and only a very slight increase of experience where it's less. The only players who would notice the difference are ones who consistently duel on 0% motivation. They would get a minimal amount of duelling experience (>= 5) come what may. Which is as it should be.

DeletedUser563

But what is the purpose of this still dont get it. So each duel cannot earn 0 exp so you start at 5 xp. Previously you also said that my suggestion that a lower cap of 30% would require work from the developers. perhaps but the actual work will have an effect. This is like saying you will paint your house and then you paint your doorknob red.

DeletedUser

Check the first post in this thread for formatting instructions. No to this because, the devs are trying to take money out of the game.

DeletedUser

Bank withdrawals and town treasury withdrawals

Bank withdrawals: there's no legitimate reason to do so. There's absolutely nothing you can do with cash that you can't do with your bank account. The only thing it would accomplish is making pushing easier (like the market doesn't make it easy enough) and make the achievement for depositing $1 mil in the bank completely meaningless.

Treasury withdrawals: Been suggested and hell no. Utterly exploitable as an easy way to transfer cash and there's no reason to give founders the option of robbing the treasury.

DeletedUser16008

Bank withdrawals: there's no legitimate reason to do so. There's absolutely nothing you can do with cash that you can't do with your bank account. The only thing it would accomplish is making pushing easier (like the market doesn't make it easy enough) and make the achievement for depositing $1 mil in the bank completely meaningless.

Treasury withdrawals: Been suggested and hell no. Utterly exploitable as an easy way to transfer cash and there's no reason to give founders the option of robbing the treasury.

Hey now theres a thought ...Town bank robbery.... ooo i like that implication... gonna go and work on that... maybe have the bank guarded by 3 npc that the town head can skill from scratch and say a player can try once and have to duel all 3 and win to rob the treasury... put in some auto safeguards to stop abuse ...hmmm ill be back ;)

DeletedUser

Hey now theres a thought ...Town bank robbery.... ooo i like that implication... gonna go and work on that... maybe have the bank guarded by 3 npc that the town head can skill from scratch and say a player can try once and have to duel all 3 and win to rob the treasury... put in some auto safeguards to stop abuse ...hmmm ill be back ;)

Been suggested :p

Idea title: Ground sector bonus change in fb fights

One thing that might make a difference besides just adding a little logic is using the Pythagorean theorem for distance, including height. It wouldn't actually need a bonus, but defensively it would make snipers crowding towers less effective because they'd get shot at much more, without being sector aimed, unless they were quite a ways back.

DeletedUser

Adjustable Server Time
Detail:Make an option available to players to adjust the timezone. To ensure players do not abuse it, make the option of adjusting irreversible except on appeal.
Reason for submitting: Certain quests require a specific time during which certain players are unable to come online.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33793

Immediate Purchase Button

After reading through all 58 pages I haven't seen this idea.

IDEA TITLE: Immediate purchase option

CONCEPT: In the Market after I have placed a regular bid (lower than the Immediate Purchase Price) I would like to see the option "Buy Now" at the Immediate Purchase Price before the auction ends. For example: I'm bidding on wool that has a $3 start price and a $10 Immediate Purchase price on a 3 day auction. I make the initial bid of $3 then a day later decide I don't want to wait until the auction ends. I would like to be able to go ahead and pay the $10 price and pick it up.

VISUAL AID: None (but can provide if necessary)

Been submitted before: Not that I've seen in 58 pgs.

Meet guidelines: I think it falls into minor ideas.

Reason for submitting it: Makes sense, convenience

I think this would be a minor but really don't know for sure. Thanks for consideration.

DeletedUser

CONCEPT: In the Market after I have placed a regular bid (lower than the Immediate Purchase Price) I would like to see the option "Buy Now" at the Immediate Purchase Price before the auction ends. For example: I'm bidding on wool that has a $3 start price and a $10 Immediate Purchase price on a 3 day auction. I make the initial bid of $3 then a day later decide I don't want to wait until the auction ends. I would like to be able to go ahead and pay the $10 price and pick it up.
You already can. You can overbid yourself, and that's all the immediate purchase price is.

If that wasn't the case, it would be a bug, but I just tested it, and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.