Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Allowing more forts per county

I would like to see more forts allowed per county than the current three. Certainly each county can support more than the current limit. Towns already owning a fort would be limited to that choice but new towns with the points should be allowed to build one. I think this will allow more involvement in the game, reduce the number of 1 player towns and enhance the gaming. It seems totally unfair to new towns reaching fort building levels not to be able to build one if they choose just because someone has been playing far longer.

DeletedUser

I would like to see more forts allowed per county than the current three. Certainly each county can support more than the current limit. Towns already owning a fort would be limited to that choice but new towns with the points should be allowed to build one. I think this will allow more involvement in the game, reduce the number of 1 player towns and enhance the gaming. It seems totally unfair to new towns reaching fort building levels not to be able to build one if they choose just because someone has been playing far longer.

Not a minor idea. It might be if you just wanted more forts added with no restrictions, but since you're proposing limitations on ownership, you need to post a new thread and follow the format in Guidelines for Posting [READ FIRST] with more details on who can and cannot own these additional forts.

DeletedUser

telegrams: friends as reciepients

Proposal
Include a way to add your friends as recipients of a telegram in the same way that you can add your townies, towns hats, alliance members and alliance hats.

Current Workaround
Type the names of your friends one by one having the friends window open next to the telegram writing window.

Abuse Prevention
The only thing I can come up with here is that if you receive a telegram from a friend the green plus-sign (to add friend - which doesn't work but that is already reported) is changed into a red minus-sign to remove that friend. In that way if you have befriended a spammer they can easily be removed.

Summary
It is obvious that the friend functionality still is its early stages, this is a small but imho useful addition.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser

tweaks for friends-list in chat-listing

Proposal
Make it possible to open/close the friends list (as you can do with the other chat-channels) in the chat-channel-list and move it to the top.

Current Workaround
Scroll down to the bottom of the chat-channel-list

Details
I am more interested in seeing who of my friends are online than my townies and alliance-members.

Possible problems
Some ppl with huge friend-lists will have to keep it closed if they want to see who of their townies, alliance members are currently online.

Administration

DeletedUser

[equipment]-tag for forums

Proposal
'Small' addition to the forums (both in- and out-game), how about adding another tag: [equipment]. Then we could include items into our posts (preferably as text and on mouseover you see the item-information), very useful in trading and dueling/ff/questing/etc guides.

Example
[equipment]mexican bandana[/equipment]

Current Workaround
Use an external site to look up items or check your inventory, shops, etc.

Possible problems
People that don't want to know about item stats might get informed about them accidently.

Administration

DeletedUser

Collapsable/Expandable inventory items by item type

Proposal
Allow item type to be expandable/collapsable in the inventory screen. SO you'd have a +/- for all the machete's, a different one for the foils, etc.

Once you get all items of a type, the expand/collapse box would get a different border color, so you can visually see by product type what mini-set is complete or missing.

Current Workaround
Use filters to see everything in that item 'family' or see your whole inventory. This would add another level and allow for easier sorting through your 'stuff'.

Abuse Prevention
As this is for display purposes only I can't think of an abuse used.
Summary
Some people like to see their whole inventories instead of using the filters provided. However, as you add more stuff (especially in the current drive for collections), the inventory screen slows down a lot. Also, there can be a lot to see even if you use the filters. Allow an additional parser to subdivide the display.
Administration

DeletedUser

Idea title: Persistent Whisper
Details of idea: Works like the ignore option: you select it, then it stays on 'til you select it again.
Reasons for submitting: Happy players, should be super easy to code.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Idea title: Persistent Chat
Details of idea: Works like the ignore option: you select it, then it stays on 'til you select it again.
Reasons for submitting: Happy players, should be super easy to code.
hmm, i don't get it. the chat is persistent as long as it is displayed, which can be set once and forgotten.

DeletedUser

Sounds good to me, something like a /tellp and /tellc for whisper 'permanent' and whisper 'cancel'

DeletedUser

well here's an idea. You can have /tell <username>. Then to continue chatting with them you just enter a . or a , and then your text. So you just type a . instead of /tell

DeletedUser

well here's an idea. You can have /tell <username>. Then to continue chatting with them you just enter a . or a , and then your text. So you just type a . instead of /tell
Or maybe change the up arrow to cycle through people you've recently whispered instead of recent msgs, which can be useful at times, but it's pretty insignificant.

DeletedUser22685

This already exists in the TW-Pro script, but other than that I think it would be a beneficial feature for those that don't use it.

DeletedUser

only noobs use tw-pro :p
I do think that the west needs to expand it's UI features, though.

DeletedUser

only noobs use tw-pro :p
I do think that the west needs to expand it's UI features, though.

This noob would be thrilled to use something better. BUT, tw-db is slower than molasses in January for me (if that's what you are hinting at) so forget that.

DeletedUser

Title: Telegram New Message Notification Alerts

Details: v1.33 saw this change from a nice bold NEW to a tiny little gold star that is very difficult to see. Additionally, there is very little contrast between the star and the background, making it even more difficult to determine there is a new telegram waiting to be opened.

Reason for Submission: I can't see if I have a new Telegram as it is now. Simply changing the color/contrast or size of the Star would make it much easier to see quickly that there is a new TG in the queue.

DeletedUser563

Ok now see what your referring to. I have no problem. Is there perhaps a problem with your color settings on your monitor/ lcd screen. I guess they could color the inside to make it more visible?

Chappyskiski idea is also worth a proper discussion:

Purchase list

so

Title: Order By Distance sorting of purchases
Details: All purchased is sorted by closest distance. Assuming normal sql database it would require a Order By Distance instead of current Oder By Date_Purchased
Workaround: Script by Petee. I dont run scripts and like in game functions.
Was it suggested before:Yes by Chappyskiski
Does it meet requirements:Yes
Rice Farmer: Refers to the traveling merchant math problem. That is irrelevant. As you open a market it already shows correctly all the distances from your position.. It is just a matter of ordering this from distance instead of date. The developers can perhaps share their algorithm with rice farmer if their interested as pointed out its not relevant and was implemented in a function that is called each time you open a market. Sorting it will be easy something like for for next next where the inner for statement determines the shortest distance for specific outer for position. Ok on second thought see what rice means still dont think that is what chappy asked for. Not really necesarry to cater for it so it remains irrelevant. Simple sort by shortest distance is easy to implement and players can use their brains to see when a item is in a opposite direction. Allowing a one directional shortest path pick up will already help us a lot. If I follow Petee's script explanation correctly also not an implementation of traveling merchant shortest path algorithm. As I see it a player would anyway want a one directional path as he would usually tie it in when he is going to a fort battle. Perhaps best would be a straght path algorithm so you select end position . The program chops it into section loads destinations in range as entered by user (say not more than user entered minute deviation and displays a graph with path and allow him to remove some items and select full path. Perhaps Petee can work on that for us in the meantime :D.

If someone can explain to me why this forum just doesnt promote good ideas to implementation?. That is more like the problem than format issues. But see nowhere that Chappyskiski was even referred to correct format.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.