Men...who needs em.

DeletedUser

All men should actively support the rights of those holding the opposite position as well, especially if they are heterosexual. Gay men tend to be sensitive, conscientious about their physical appearance, and tidy. Do we insensitive, out-of-shape slobs really want to be competing with them for women?

This is changing very fast, I'm heterosexual and I consider myself very sensitive, and I know alot of men that are even more sensitive than women. I think maybe in the future this stereotype that men should be very machos, aggresive and insensitve, will dissapear.

DeletedUser

It goes like this: God creates man, Man destroys god, Man Creates Clones, then /Dinosaurs/ManBearPig. Clones kill man, Dinosaurs Eat man, Manbearpig is super Serial, and finally Woman Inherits the earth.

DeletedUser

I think maybe in the future this stereotype that men should be very machos, aggresive and insensitve, will dissapear.
I hope not. Women do not want a girly man. Not that we want you to be insensitive or overly aggressive but it's a deal breaker if you have more hair care products than I do and/or if you offer to paint my toenails.

DeletedUser

I hope not. Women do not want a girly man. Not that we want you to be insensitive or overly aggressive but it's a deal breaker if you have more hair care products than I do and/or if you offer to paint my toenails.

Being sensitive doesn't have to do with being metrosexual... being sensitive it's just about feeling more deeply, and being more perceptive to pain & suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lol!!!!! Yeah, not into Pampers tyvm.

Well this thread is all over the place. I really wanted it to be about stem cell research but lets just talk about the traditional and changing role of the sexes.

If you want to open a door for me or pull out my chair then that is great. If you want to sit down and read my Vogue magazine and take the little quizzes with me to see if we are compatible that is weird. If you want to tell me how I look great in an outfit that is fabulous. If you want to go shopping for shoes with me that is odd. If you want to have a Super Bowl party and invite your friends and their spouses that is fine. If you want to have an America's Next Top Model party I'm going to leave you because you are gay.

I said this in another thread somewhere...men should be men, women should be women. Blurring some of the lines is fine. Men can cook, women can fix a squeaky hinge, but there is a point where it goes too far.

DeletedUser

Dee.. two things wrong out here.. some of the greatest chefs are men..
and also every male would want to be in a top models party...

on a serious note.. i totally agree.... there has to be a line drawn.. and it has to be be drawn both ways..

DeletedUser

Some of the greatest chefs are men because that is a discrimination issue in that industry, not a talent issue. Traditionally at home women do all or most of the cooking. Being at a top models party is different from hosting a party to watch a show about models.

DeletedUser

I'm heterosexual and I consider myself very sensitive

spEP912--Trapped_in_the_Closet--3.jpg

Get ouuuuut the closetttttt

DeletedUser

to the above. very nice

on the debate. What Will Happen to The Man Drawer. And what will become of sheds

DeletedUser

What do u mean! "Men..Who needs Them"? I think women would slowly fall apart without men, so would there children (more boys then girls) but i think this world would fall apart easy without men who would do all the 24 hour late hard working shifts? who would bring in the coffee every morning? Who would pay the taxes? :eek: ok im done:)

DeletedUser

if you had something productive in that post, I would respond, but you don't, so i move on.

Dee, I cook up a storm. Cooking is not a gender-specific job, it's a location-specific chore. If you have to cook as a chore, it generally falls upon the woman because women are generally tasked with the chore of rearing the children, which invariably leaves them trapped at home. Washing clothes, doing dishes, cooking, are all "house" chores. I live alone, and thus I do the house chores.

To the point, it's not jobs that define men or women, it's interests. If i'm interested in makeup, lipstick, nylon stockings, and pillow parties, i'm failing in the man department. Does that make me less of a man, no. But it makes me less attractive to most women. So, the motivation here is to be attractive to the opposite sex, and that's where the behaviors come from.

DeletedUser

Hellstromm;256293Dee said:
location-specific chore[/b]. If you have to cook as a chore, it generally falls upon the woman because women are generally tasked with the chore of rearing the children, which invariably leaves them trapped at home. Washing clothes, doing dishes, cooking, are all "house" chores. I live alone, and thus I do the house chores.

To the point, it's not jobs that define men or women, it's interests. If i'm interested in makeup, lipstick, nylon stockings, and pillow parties, i'm failing in the man department. Does that make me less of a man, no. But it makes me less attractive to most women. So, the motivation here is to be attractive to the opposite sex, and that's where the behaviors come from.

Hmm, I am not sure I agree entirely with that Hell. Cooking is an art form although it falls under the chore category to some. I too am a single male who has a fairly nice culinary background and I hardly ever opt for fast food. As far as it being a chore, I can see how when, say, parents have to cook meals for children every night while holding down a full time job it would seem this way, however, I believe Dee is referring to a professional level here. You know, where the 'man' is keeping women down in that field. Of course, in this day and age, I have not seen that to be the case. Like I said, cooking is an art form and all sexes can excel, and do excel, in it because of that.
As far as makeup, some of the best makeup artists on the planet have been, are, and will continue to be men. Again, an art form. It does not detract from the sexiness or anything else from a man doing this job or say a hairdresser job. The fact is, jobs have less to do with attracting the opposite sex(ual preference?) than just about everything else. Income can be a factor, depending. appearance and personality and humor factor in greatly. Most importantly is initial contact and "sparks". If you were a wedding planner and had great abs you would still be interesting to someone wether you were a "manly man" or not. Dee may not like some aspects but overall she wouldnt really care so long as you were the right person.

DeletedUser

The fact is, jobs have less to do with attracting the opposite sex(ual preference?) than just about everything else.
that's what I said... *gives iggy an odd look*

And yes, I'm aware cooking is an art form. When I cook, I almost always make something fancy. But, what I was clarifying was that cooking is not a woman's world thing, it's a location thing, wherein more women cook because more women stay at home and/or are the caretakers to the children. In that regard, it is a chore, a task, a part of a job. Which, goes right along in a circle to what I was initially stating, and you agreed with, which is that jobs don't define gender.

DeletedUser

Hehe, like I said, I wasn't sure. My reading comprehension may be skewed tonight.

WoMEN cannot exist without MEN

(Also, congrats on your modship, meant to post that in the other thread but I thought it funnier to post that here)

DeletedUser

But, what I was clarifying was that cooking is not a woman's world thing, it's a location thing, wherein more women cook because more women stay at home and/or are the caretakers to the children. In that regard, it is a chore, a task, a part of a job. Which, goes right along in a circle to what I was initially stating, and you agreed with, which is that jobs don't define gender.

"The only other important thing to be said about my book at this time is that it was fun to write, and that's rare — for me, at least, because I've always considered writing the most hateful kind of work. I suspect it's a bit like *sex* — which is fun only for amateurs. Old *prostitutes* don't do much giggling. Nothing is fun when you have to do it — over and over, again and again — or else you'll be evicted, and that gets old."

Selectively edited for profanity, but the point remains.

DeletedUser

Cooking is fine,it is the doing of the dishes that I find a chore.