Men...who needs em.

DeletedUser

Hellstromm, you are such a man.

Traditional is good. But you can have traditional without the caveman attitude as well. Taking care of children and maintaining a smooth running household is just as much work as going into an office or factory and punching a time card. It takes planning, organization, flexibility, and determination to get everything done that needs done. It's not all about watching soap operas and sitting on the couch eating bon-bons :p Men should appreciate the women for doing the domestic stuff just as much as women should appreciate the men for being the breadwinner (in most cases). If both are working then the domestic stuff should be more evenly distributed. It's not a matter of equality really, it's more about making things run smoothly and everybody knowing what their expected constribution to that is.

I'm only quoting this one but responding to more than one post due to my "laziness"

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1908243,00.html

You might want to read up on that article. It had some surprising information for me. I thought divorce was fine, but perhaps not, perhaps father play a more important role than we thought, which will be interesting if those findings are verified and in fact true, may hopefully change the USA court system in awarding child custody to the mother by default (most of the time, it's changing but still heavily favors the mother)

I think cooking can be a profession or hobby, but if you have a more sensitive smell/taste, you will probably be a better cook. I can distinguish some of the spices, ingredients used in some dishes at restaurant and duplicate them at home (needs to be a cuisine I am already familiar with and played with those varied ingredients in various combination so my taste buds can recognize the combination, kinda like a sommelier can store various appelletian wine, their taste, smell and recall those data when he/she "taste" the wine) I also enjoy learning about the science behind cooking (how to maintain a certain temperature breaks down protein bonds, hence the "slow cook" idea behind pulled pork, roast pork, to make meat tender without burning them, etc.

As far as chores go, that might be more difficult for a few reasons.

1. different standards. If the husband treat as stuffing clothes into a drawer without folding = doing laundry and wife disagrees, when the husband does the "laundry" and still does it in his own bachelor way, fights can result. Same thing goes with cleaning the house, guys tend to be messier and can tolerate more compare with girls.

2. society still tend to impose "responsibility" on the wife. If you go into a house and it's messy, what would you think? (1) man, the husband is a slob. (2) man, the husband did not do a good job of cleaning up or... (3) the wife is a slob (4) the wife did not do a good job of cleaning up. I think generally speaking, if a faimly doesn't have enough income, husband will probably be blamed, on the other hand, if a household is messy, wife will probably get the blame.

No offense, even if they can genetically engineer human egg, I think I will still prefer the old fashion traditional way of procreating :)

DeletedUser

Old Fashion traditional way of procreating:
Cheap, Easy, FUN! :D

New Fashion of procreating:
Expensive, Hard, Boring...

DeletedUser

Old Fashion traditional way of procreating:
Cheap, Easy, FUN! :D

New Fashion of procreating:
Expensive, Hard, Boring...

au contraire, monsieur...

new fashion of procreating for female:
Newer, Better, top notch quality control! Why settle for unpredictable results with a slob, with the new method, you can create your own obedient child! Imagine, you snap your fingers, and your child does the chores! No more nagging them to clean up after themselves, be it toys, clothes, dishes, shoes, etc.

DeletedUser13682

Where's the fun in that? If children were like that, we wouldn't have greats such as Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix!

DeletedUser

au contraire, monsieur...

new fashion of procreating for female:
Newer, Better, top notch quality control! Why settle for unpredictable results with a slob, with the new method, you can create your own obedient child! Imagine, you snap your fingers, and your child does the chores! No more nagging them to clean up after themselves, be it toys, clothes, dishes, shoes, etc.

Aka; cloning... Hitlers scientists tried it, it didn't work out...

DeletedUser

Aka; cloning... Hitlers scientists tried it, it didn't work out...

nay, my good man, this new technology is much better, it's newer, improved! It solved old problems and defects, that's why our lady here, Denisero is so ecstatic that she can finally free her shackle of the occasional need for male companionship (although I suspect, her 3 offsprings are probably driving her up the wall from time to time and she may very well long for more docile obedient brood from this new method)

Now.... [sarcasm humor tag] where did I put my mail order bride catalog....hmm, how about blow up...oh, nothing, never mind [/end tag]

DeletedUser

Darn right! :p

Naaa, men will never be obsolete. Somebody needs to open doors for us. Just interesting to see where science is taking us and the possibilities.

DeletedUser14280

Actually, automatically opening doors have already been invented.

I've thought of something else to say, but it's...not exactly child friendly.

DeletedUser

Actually, automatically opening doors have already been invented.

I've thought of something else to say, but it's...not exactly child friendly.

My ex-girlfriend cussed out an automatic door because it trapped her purse, lol, "God damn you machines!"

Ahh... Good times :laugh:

Thats why I always hold doors open for my ladies, regardless of wether or not they are automatic...

DeletedUser

Really all the domestic stuff is a side issue. The really important things come from inside - The most important thing with people is whether or not they are able to let other people be the best they can be, without feeling threatened.

A real man is not threatened by a woman who is strong, intelligent or - not afraid of bugs. He wants her to live a full rich life and is supportive of that. Everything else falls into place with the respect. Men who feel threatened by strong women, hold onto society's definitions like a shield of shoulds and should nots... to ward off their own insecurity. :)

Same goes for women. Respect for who a man is comes first. Everything else can be worked out ... Roles and jobs can be defined by the people in the relationship. They don't need society to tell them how to be who they are...

Life without men would be very boring.... I really like guys... lots of sparks, and challenge, and fun :D

DeletedUser

RiverGirl said:
Life without men would be very boring.... I really like guys... lots of sparks, and challenge, and fun :D
You spoke the very words on my lips.

Life with out men would be a disaster. Stuffed animals, puppies, and mechanics will never replace men. Not every woman wants to be CEO in downtown Manhattan. Life with out men may be okay for her, but not for another woman who may enjoy the more traditional way of life. Further more, children desperately need a father-figure in their life. Sometimes circumstances force a woman to be both the mother and father in a child's life, but it's never the same - especially if you have a son. Who's going to teach your son how to fish, camp, fix the bicycle in the backyard, take him to the ball games? I, personally, would hate a world without men. What are you going to tell all the woman who's lives would be incomplete and empty without some one to love and share their life with?

Now, on a lighter note, John and Juan are definitely right. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: