Medals Guide (Spoiler Alert!)

• Thread starter DeletedUser1105
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Possibly Duncan, yes. But the fact that they are Bronze, Silver and Gold suggests that you can't earn Gold without first earning Bronze and Silver, but you CAN complete the class quests without doing any of the others.

In the FUTURE the above is correct.
HOWEVER right now it isn't.

The top players in the worlds I play in, including myself, STARTED with Adventurer (bronze), Veteran Adventure (silver), and Story Line (gold)

On the beta, they were speculating that "adventurer" had to do with traveling around the map or staying away from town X amount of time.

DeletedUser

With medals like builder, believer etc. it won't be possible to back-date medals like they've done for the adventurer medals.

Adventurer medals appear to be based on quest completion. That information is, and always has been, stored with the character. Hence, they can determine what level of achievement you've got.

Information about whether a character has prayed or completed a building is not and never has been stored - so they can't back-date the achievements.

As for Story Line Lover - I believe that the three medals, Adventurer, Veteran Adventurer and Story Line Lover are progressive, given for different statges of quest completion.

DeletedUser1105

As for Story Line Lover - I believe that the three medals, Adventurer, Veteran Adventurer and Story Line Lover are progressive, given for different statges of quest completion.

I agree.

I've started again on World 1 to try and figure it out, but if someone get's there before me I'll be happy!

DeletedUser14189

With medals like builder, believer etc. it won't be possible to back-date medals like they've done for the adventurer medals.

Indeed Bevoir, Added with the fact that the quests are the only thing you cant re-do, and ppl who completed all BEFORE update simply would never get the medal.

This is exactly the reason why we got those medals on forehand.

DeletedUser1105

I wonder how many rogue adventurers, duelers and soldiers will be wasting treasury money to get the builder medals.... :D

DeletedUser

I just got the builder medal (with my builder). I suggested above (following someone else's lead) that you got it for completing a building.

However, it's actually given for working 2 hours on a building, as sdjx22 said in the first place.

DeletedUser

Oh - I can also confirm that the Story Line Lover achievement has nothing to do with the class quests. I've got that achievement without having finished my class quest chain.

DeletedUser

Information about whether a character has prayed or completed a building is not and never has been stored - so they can't back-date the achievements.

I disagree with the above statement.

Prayer & construction records are kept for TWO weeks [just look at your reports].

Further as far as I know, construction HOURS and donations to town treasury are PERMANENTLY KEPT with two limitations.
#1. Info ONLY is in the cit(ies) where you did the work/made the donation.
#2. Info ONLY APPEARS IF you are a member of that city, ie if you have left the info doesn't show, but if you go back I am 95% sure the info regarding construction hours & town donations will still be there.

If I am wrong, I am sure someone will let us know, but I know whenever I rotated in/out of a town, it kept a running record of that info.

EDIT: Further I just looked at my OLD messages.
You know how in the past if the player left, instead of their name appearing in the "Conversational partner" column, there was a generic "System-Message" name. Well NOW the actual name is back, ie "Name123 (deleted)". And this is true EVEN FOR ANTIQUE messages, like from LAST DECEMBER. That tells me ALL THE INFO about a character is probably lurking around somewhere.
PS: I wish the (deleted) part was BEFORE the name, rather than AFTER the name, it would make it a LOT easier to see which people are still around & which are not.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14189

Indeed klonan, this still applies tho:

Indeed Bevoir, Added with the fact that the quests are the only thing you cant re-do, and ppl who completed all BEFORE update simply would never get the medal.

This is exactly the reason why we got those medals on forehand.

DeletedUser1105

I don't think it's a case of them not being able to back date the achievements.

It is an issue of being able to re-do the requirements. You can always build/pray again, so you can earn those achievements regardless of your past actions.

But those adventurer/story line medals are related to quests. As you cannot repeat the quests, the only fair way of doing it is to award them to everyone who has done the quests (whichever/however many ones you have to do).

DeletedUser1105

Klondike, both me and Dekk have said now that the point of these ones is that they cannot be 're-earned', and so they have been awarded to everyone fulfilling the requirements.

DeletedUser14189

No, i wonder what is in the 4th slot of adventurer set :D

Well I guess gold is maximum to earn?

I think you are missing my point also, click character and then your avatar, you'll see the "Medal Box"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For nw, all the medals , i think havent came out yet, so may be a diamond :D

DeletedUser

Klondike, both me and Dekk have said now that the point of these ones is that they cannot be 're-earned', and so they have been awarded to everyone fulfilling the requirements.

I missed your replies, because I was editing my message.
I than realized I duplicated it, so had to delete the duplicate.
So just now saw your message.

Excellent point. Regarding praying I understand, regarding construction work, do you know anyone that has done HUNDREDS of hours of work, moved on, AND IS willing to do it again, just for an achievement???? :sad:

I would LOVE to be able to have that achievement, but it isn't worth spending MONTHS in order to do it, especially for us "long timers".

Oh, if you look on the beta site, you can probably get another 3-4 "builder" achievement medals.

Status
Not open for further replies.