Limit the Health Skill

DeletedUser

if it's a soft cap, no refund is necessary

if it's a hard cap, reset any skill points in health

DeletedUser563

NO its hard enough to balance all the skills as it is in a fort fight and keep one skill high(not fort fight) to do top end jobs. In simple terms you are killing most of the strategic elements of a good or bad fort build. Take I have 100 leadership and say 230 fms 70 in trading to do traveling merchant and about 88 in health. The other sp's going mostly to aiming etc. Then your 6 hp per skill point brings my character overall hp way down. I can't go for a massive dodging bonus as I will now have far less hp. I am of course referring to a adventurer since a soldier gets a hp bonus. Well then guess i can just about quit right since there goes half of my hp down the drain and I have about 1200 left. In fact nicely worded idea but as an adventurer my vote is NO rather limit the soldiers hp bonus and you will hear a wall of no's .

For example last good fight registered 33 dodges. I will have to shift that skills to hp just to even my losses out. There goes my dodging ability and all of the boxes i perhaps get from it. In the end you will make a 2300 hp dodger a 2300 hider in one fell swoop.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

what if your dodge skills actually made you "dodge"?
would you still stick all ur sps into hp?

No not all of them but a good amount. I never plan to be a 8k tank but aspire to make it into the 4k range. I would absolutely love to dodge more but given how I dodge now hp is my best option. And even if I could dodge more currently I would still like to be in the 4k hp range.

HelenBack

I was thinking more of something like the ^0.4 of other fort skills, but that would work. If Helen doesn't want to change her original idea to diminishing returns, we should probably start a new thread. It's kind of confusing now, because all of the negative comments seem to be against the original hard cap proposal.

Sorry... that RL thing kinda has kept me rather tied up lately. Updated to add Kayak's figures. If I've missed anything, then smack me and send a link my way so I can update the original post.
:)

DeletedUser563

No to put it subjectively. My base hp is 1160 ( level 107) so about 10.8 per level.(not certain how this works) I will return later to this.

With clothing I have 94 Hp 88 + 6. That gives me 940 added HP. In total I therefore have 2100 HP . Lets start from your 6

6 * 94 = 564 Total 1724 loss in hp = 376 = 62 more skills needed to remain same

7 * 94 = 658 Total 1818 loss in hp = 282 = 40 more skills needed to remain same

8 * 94 = 752 Total 1912 loss in hp = 188 = 24 more skills needed to remain same

9 * 94 = 846 Total 2006 loss in hp = 94 = 10 more skills needed

lets go further I want to reach 3000 hp

requirements

currently 10 = 90 more sp's required = 90 sp shift to attain 3000 hp

9 = 100 more sp's required + 10 = 110 sp shift to attain 3000 hp

8 = 113 more sp required +24 = 137 sp shift to attain 3000 hp

7 = 129 more sp required + 42 = 171 sp shift to get 3000 hp

6 = 150 more sp required + 62 = 212 sp shift to get 3000 hp

Lets take an average of 250 damage per shot so 6 = 1 shot and 126 damage
7 = 1 shot and 32 damage
8 and 9 = less than 1 shot

Why did you make me do math :( too early in the morning for that.

So forget about the damage loss that its minor but the sp shift from other skills is massive as shown in my calculations.

You get a jakkals for best presented idea this month but unfortunately must give you a rabid jakkals for worst idea on the idea forum.

DeletedUser

Thinks right now are great why change?

All characters have a Bonus and can use it the best they can and i will give you a Example

IN Briscoe there is a player with 15.000 Hp ( Yes i tell it right ) and you see it and its just amazing but shes not that good, becuase duelers can make this

1d6ch4o1w
http://postimage.org/image/1d6ch4o1w/

Soo 3 or 4 duels and shes will be a normal tank, then she will not dodge a lot since she os pure and soo on

Soo leave alone Hp :p