and its illegal.
good points, 5 hours o fun.
bad points, rest of your life a misery

side affects,
several hours of enlightenment
dizziness
dilution
grumpiness the next day
and if continual smoking,,caused deep depression.
can lead to death. and is cause of death in certain countries.

Holland its still illegal,, but tolerated to certain levels.
most people actually get that part wrong, they think its legal, but after years of Muppet like cloud hazed people running government messing up everything,,they have passed new laws,, stricter and tighter ones, closing most down, and every year they close more cannabis shops and eradicating prostitution.
seeing as it has all given Holland a very bad image and in many cases the reason tourists come to the place....to do something that would be seen as illegal in there own country,,,aiding a crime.
so such as the brilliant bright eyed ideas of funding terrorist with government money ,,and allowing them to run around buying video camera's watches, clothes and other,,,even go to a petty zoo and play park in Holland,,who might these terrorist be? the very 911 crowd,,,yup them,,and all ducth funded from there on,,so libiral huh..got them where?
and south africa supplies 80% of the UK with illegal substance from my very own post and harbour in the city that im currently in right now.

personal.
i worked woth a great many people who were addicted to the stuff,so you cant say that its non addictive,,and they all suffer from extrema paranoia and a sad case life, actually selling large amounts of there life away for silly things.
and one drug leads to the next.
stay in school, do your home work,,and do some more school,,and one day all those cool guys in your school, will be sleeping on the street or having to eat at dear old mums house coz they cant hold a job,,,while you,,own your own car, house have a nice wife and superb kids.

ps, i thought all forms o these threads were meant to be blocked, or even banned,
clearly states in the rules,,,we have kids on here tisk tisk.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is because most 16 year old are likely to have some adult (18+) friends. 14 year olds though, aren't very likely to have 18+ friends. But they WILL have 16 year old friends who will be able to visit coffee shop for them.

When I was in Germany, I was 14, and knew a ton of people who used. (I myself, once, never again) We knew a ton of people over 18, and they would supply all the guys with whatever they wanted.

DeletedUser11019

yeah Germany is a bad one, used to get a lot of nuts from there "as in nut bags"
thing is,
when your a teenager, its all cool and social, funny films and other, but as you grow up, you start rtp realize that there is a real world out there that does not involve blind eyes gaping at a tv and laughing at fuzz.
girls , cars, houses, sport, even flipping kite flying.
young kids dont actually realize those simple things are good building blocks for your future.
and time aint going to stand still,, to give you chill space.
there is actually no time to chill, id rather stom down a mountain side on a mountain bike in a heavy rain,, then wonder what it would feel like.

and some o the people i helped,,has such bright ideas and brilliant minds,,,,like my one friend, good guitar player and even social, got hooked on some odd stuff, and one day was at my desk, he had not shaved in months, not bathed in a year, and was incapable of even getting an apartment...it was a squat .

i was shocked....dunno what happened to him,,,but everyday i feel bad, even guilty ..people dont realise that it hurts others too.
while in Mexico, it was huffers and glue sniffers, it held no bars and took no prisoners, heroin was thrife and pretty much invilved everybody,, mothers cried over dead sons and daughters, grandparents felt the burden,,,and there too it started with a smoke, a drink and then a needle.
in soyth africa, i dont do that work any more, but i don get the occasional peek over the counter,,and yeah, glue sniffers and smoking of stuff they call zawl dagga or weed,, always leads down the same road.
i aint gonna be some mr big head from south park and say drugs are bad."mkay"
but they do do more harm then good, and yes some people should be smoking something,,others should stop smoking something, and a good part should wake up.
its all fine and fun untill some one gets killed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My personal opinion is why not? Doesn't affect me. Anyone I know that would smoke it already does. I live in LA for pete's sake.

My philosophical opinion is that those that smoke it will just become poorer and those that have the sense not to will become richer. If this is what people want, then go for it. Escapism seems to be the way we're heading no matter what we do.

DeletedUser11019

nice attitude :)
door to the right, sober but rich
door to the left, poor as crap, but could not care coz too zoned and spaced.,
brilliant :)

DeletedUser

Marijuana is legal is some parts on the world for some of you to know. Somewhere near the Himalayas, I think, maybe Tibet or India. But mind that almost every single pleasurable thing in this world has some sort of bad consequence.

If you are living a spoiled, trashy life like living the rock star way, you would want it legalized, even Paul McCartney of The Beatles called for the legalization of marijuana back in the 1960's when it and drugs were very popular among rock stars and hippies at that time.

But in my own view, it should remain illegal, we already see a lot of people, troubled by smoking and alcohol and even several underaged children have tried those right?? So I guess it would be very bad to legalize anything more that is addictive and obviously can alter your proper thinking and your personality. Imagine people on jobs, offices couldn't work well because they are influenced by pot and how about children who smoke pot, they couldn't do well on school. Those who are addicted to pot may crave for more, driving them to try more potent drugs like cocaine or LSD. And I guess in turn, it would only cause more and more turmoil in the society right now.

If you really like a peaceful community, legalizing marijuana is not the answer.

DeletedUser

Marijuana is legal is some parts on the world for some of you to know. Somewhere near the Himalayas, I think, maybe Tibet or India. But mind that almost every single pleasurable thing in this world has some sort of bad consequence.

If you are living a spoiled, trashy life like living the rock star way, you would want it legalized, even Paul McCartney of The Beatles called for the legalization of marijuana back in the 1960's when it and drugs were very popular among rock stars and hippies at that time.

But in my own view, it should remain illegal, we already see a lot of people, troubled by smoking and alcohol and even several underaged children have tried those right?? So I guess it would be very bad to legalize anything more that is addictive and obviously can alter your proper thinking and your personality. Imagine people on jobs, offices couldn't work well because they are influenced by pot and how about children who smoke pot, they couldn't do well on school. Those who are addicted to pot may crave for more, driving them to try more potent drugs like cocaine or LSD. And I guess in turn, it would only cause more and more turmoil in the society right now.

If you really like a peaceful community, legalizing marijuana is not the answer.

I guess you really like to base your knowledge on half-learned half-truths...that would make you right about 25% of the time. Following your logic we should ban alcohol.

If you are really interested in addictions...

Here is a graph that shows on a scale how addictive the following drugs are. The color indicates their status as controlled substances in the USA.

study.gif

DeletedUser

I'm sure somebody else has already said this but.. I think it should be legalized and taxed. People say it causes violence but imo, if it was legalized there would be no incentive to kill people over it, as you could just buy some at the store due to the price dropping dramatically.

DeletedUser9470

the good ol weed.
Ive been a fervant slave to it for years.
I stopped smoking cigarettes on 18 march 2009. Ive had a couple of spliffs since.
Ive always been for legalisation finding it ridiculous to go and cue up behind 30 other guys in a freaking back alley!
netherlands coffee shops were odd. its great to just say in front of everyone yer ill have some k2 or hindu kush or the good ol jack!

but since i have stopped it I have been able to do a lot more stuff, i remember everything as before.
i feel allthough ive missed out completely for 10 years. not only that i cant remember wha the heck happened in those ten years!
one thing is for sure: if i had never known how nice it was to smoke then I would be a pilot in a Eurofighter or a Harrier by now.
instead im now working like mad to get back to the average levels i attained at school to become a commercial pilot.
if ida known i would have done this in 6 months and been a pilot since i was 20 y/o!

So allthough i am for it for myself because i know what it does and how it feels, I wish for future generations to avoid all the rubbish ive been through due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people.

DeletedUser21689

I have smoked ganja before and enjoyed it. However i have two sons growing up and i would wish them not to. Say are you finished with that burger?

DeletedUser

Marijuana users tend to suffer from an inability to think clearly and reason logically. They babble incoherently and irrationally on any subject they are presented with on the basis of their current emotional state.

Curiously, those who would ban it behave similarly.

DeletedUser

I haven't noticed that myself. What I always thought was a funny sight was watching someone who had been smoking trying to carry on a conversation with someone who was speeding. I think their thoughts tend to be about 10 minutes apart.

DeletedUser

In some states, it's legal for medicinal purposes; unfortunately, it is illegal for any purpose federally. That means that a person who gets a prescription filled, and uses it as prescribed, can still be convicted as a criminal by the federal laws. Something definitely needs to be changed.

DeletedUser

I haven't noticed that myself. What I always thought was a funny sight was watching someone who had been smoking trying to carry on a conversation with someone who was speeding. I think their thoughts tend to be about 10 minutes apart.

Its funny because neither person cares about the time delay. The speeder keeps prattling on and the smoker doesn't bother to stop them.

DeletedUser

Oddly enough, I fully support the unbanning of Marijuana. Of course, that is just because I want them to tax the hell out of it instead of raising our income tax, but, anyways they should legalize it! With a tax ;)

Thats where the problem starts. If it was taxable, it would have been legal long ago. Why are moon shine stills illegal when alcohol is bought and sold everyday? Simply put, big brother isn't getting his share.

If marijuana is legalized and taxed to the hilt. People will grow it or buy it from a grower. If roses/flowers were highly taxed, would you pay $50-60 a dozen? Chances are you'd grow and sell them yourself, lol.

Politicians claim its a starter drug and dangerous to the community. They look the other way when pharmaceutical companies pay doctors to over medicate our children. Pills are quickly becoming the drug of choice and the users are doing incredible damage to their bodies including death. Users are committing crimes including murder, but yet lawmakers stand idle. Lobbyist and campaign donations will keep them that way.

Pharmaceutical companies use their influence to keep marijuana illegal as well. They can't have a cancer patients using cheap ol marijuana for relief when they offer expensive alternatives.

This thread was too long, I only read the 1st page. Sorry if my post repeated other posts.

DeletedUser

Thats where the problem starts. If it was taxable, it would have been legal long ago. Why are moon shine stills illegal when alcohol is bought and sold everyday? Simply put, big brother isn't getting his share.

If marijuana is legalized and taxed to the hilt. People will grow it or buy it from a grower. If roses/flowers were highly taxed, would you pay $50-60 a dozen? Chances are you'd grow and sell them yourself, lol.

Politicians claim its a starter drug and dangerous to the community. They look the other way when pharmaceutical companies pay doctors to over medicate our children. Pills are quickly becoming the drug of choice and the users are doing incredible damage to their bodies including death. Users are committing crimes including murder, but yet lawmakers stand idle. Lobbyist and campaign donations will keep them that way.

Pharmaceutical companies use their influence to keep marijuana illegal as well. They can't have a cancer patients using cheap ol marijuana for relief when they offer expensive alternatives.

This thread was too long, I only read the 1st page. Sorry if my post repeated other posts.

I agree that marijuana is a dangerous drug and should be kept ban for the safety of people.

DeletedUser

(( thread locked per 10 page rule. If you wish to present same or similar debate, it is acceptable, but we would prefer a new twist and not merely a continuation of the same. ))

Status
Not open for further replies.