Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Topic makes this easy enough.

What are your thoughts on this?
Pros, cons, fears, predictions?

Wich side are you on?

I'm at work now, so my personal input on this topic will have to wait,
as I seriously doubt they will appreciate my voicing these views in a proffesional setting :p

DeletedUser

I will have to formulate my thoughts on this after I get done eating this bag of Dorito's, 3 Nutty Bars, 2 hot dogs and taking a little nap. :D

DeletedUser

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness! So long as you are not infringing upon someones' rights, it should not matter.

DeletedUser

Oddly enough, I fully support the unbanning of Marijuana. Of course, that is just because I want them to tax the hell out of it instead of raising our income tax, but, anyways they should legalize it! With a tax ;)

DeletedUser

I would, except it isn't in this forum, and this isn't about cartels.
It's about marijuana. The good, and bad.

lol!

sorry but I spent so much (virtual) ink over there on the benefits of decriminalization of controlled substances that it would be redundant to visit it again. I've spoken my piece already.

DeletedUser

"It's evil, wicked,mean and nasty"
Don't step on the grass Sam
"It will ruin our fair country"
Don't be such a [beep] Sam
(lyrics courtesy of John Kay)
The Emperor wears no clothes authored by Jack Herer. Insightful and informative

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

On the one hand, I don't see it as any worse of a drug than alcohol. On the other hand, I've seen friends waste years of their lives (and pull out of it, eventually) because they were so focused on weed.

In the end, I guess I would be in favor of legalizing and controlling it.

DeletedUser

sorry but I spent so much (virtual) ink over there on the benefits of decriminalization of controlled substances that it would be redundant to visit it again. I've spoken my piece already.

Copy + paste ;)

On the one hand, I don't see it as any worse of a drug than alcohol. On the other hand, I've seen friends waste years of their lives (and pull out of it, eventually) because they were so focused on weed.

In the end, I guess I would be in favor of legalizing and controlling it.

Bold section reflects my views.
If it was to be legalized, it would need to be regulated, and taxed.
Win/win really.

DeletedUser

Most of the people who won't reiterate their arguments probably realize that they didn't have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to marijuana.

I'm sure someone else will come in and insist that we're not looking at all the angles, we're missing the issue completely -- of course they won't enlighten us to what that is, but nevertheless we'll be missing something.

That being said, I don't know why it's not legalized already. Marijuana is a far less harmful drug than alcohol. In excess, it's not good for you, but jesus christ neither is McDonalds, why don't we ban that while we're at it?

DeletedUser

Most of the people who won't reiterate their arguments probably realize that they didn't have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to marijuana.

I'm sure someone else will come in and insist that we're not looking at all the angles, we're missing the issue completely -- of course they won't enlighten us to what that is, but nevertheless we'll be missing something.

That being said, I don't know why it's not legalized already. Marijuana is a far less harmful drug than alcohol. In excess, it's not good for you, but jesus christ neither is McDonalds, why don't we ban that while we're at it?

You know, banning McD would be a good start, and as a coutner, we could legalize Mary J. She's such a lovely gal. Micky D on the other hand, is an utter, and complete [jerk].

DeletedUser

Seriously, have you ever eaten anything other than a salad from McDonalds and not get a stomach ache?

DeletedUser

No Divest BOTH of the people who already spent a great deal of time and don't want to go digging through a multiple page post to find every thing they said WERE IN FAVOR OF DECRIMINALIZATION/LEGALIZING (of more than just pot) Just because you are angry at Hellstromm in your prostitution post is no reason to vent your spleen at me. My positions were well thought out and supported unfortunately I also responded at least once on every gorram page of the Cartel thread and am not going to copy/paste/edit it for your easy digestion.

DeletedUser

No Divest BOTH of the people who already spent a great deal of time and don't want to go digging through a multiple page post to find every thing they said WERE IN FAVOR OF DECRIMINALIZATION/LEGALIZING (of more than just pot) Just because you are angry at Hellstromm in your prostitution post is no reason to vent your spleen at me. My positions were well thought out and supported unfortunately I also responded at least once on every gorram page of the Cartel thread and am not going to copy/paste/edit it for your lazy ass's easy digestion.

But you should also realize that pot is a completely different issue. It has nothing to do with being lazy, but what I said still stands: Most of the posts in there do not apply here. Sure, you may believe in the legalization (decriminalization as well, but that is a vastly different thing) of most street drugs, but the issue at hand here is less about over-turning silly prohibition laws and more about recognizing the hypocrisy in our set of legislation dealing with marijuana.

Aside from that, I remember pretty clearly that your little posse (whoever that was, I couldn't be bothered to look it up or remember) didn't support legalization, but rather decriminalization, which is just stupid in the case of marijuana.

Either way, as I said: your posts in that thread do not stand up in here since marijuana is a different issue than most other banned drugs. If you're telling me that marijuana does the same amount of harm as, say, speed, then you're deviously fooling yourself and lying to everyone around you.

DeletedUser

Seriously, have you ever eaten anything other than a salad from McDonalds and not get a stomach ache?

Seeing how they treat their meat products, I'm not touching their salad.

I wouldn't eat there even if I had the munchies.

DeletedUser

Either way, as I said: your posts in that thread do not stand up in here since marijuana is a different issue than most other banned drugs. If you're telling me that marijuana does the same amount of harm as, say, speed, then you're deviously fooling yourself and lying to everyone around you.

1) I didn't have a "posse".
2) I never claimed that pot did as much harm as any other drug (in fact quite the opposite)
3) The way the criminal justice system treats ANY user is more harmful than the use itself would be with treatment
4) Pot was criminalized for Racial and Industrial reasons and has always been at the same level as Prohibition as a "moral" crusade because Upper class whites didn't like the people who used it.
5) Yes legalizing dope makes sense and would create tax revenue but considering the current trend in anti tobacco legislation and the fact that any inhaled smoke contains most of the same carcinogens you'd be hard pressed to get widespread support in state/federal legislative bodies on those grounds alone.
6) Any serious campaign to legalize pot use begins with decriminalizing possession for personal use.

DeletedUser

There is ofcourse the option of making it legalized for the purpose of baking...

There are oh so many ways that Mary can dress up.

DeletedUser

1) I didn't have a "posse".
2) I never claimed that pot did as much harm as any other drug (in fact quite the opposite)
3) The way the criminal justice system treats ANY user is more harmful than the use itself would be with treatment
4) Pot was criminalized for Racial and Industrial reasons and has always been at the same level as Prohibition as a "moral" crusade because Upper class whites didn't like the people who used it.
5) Yes legalizing dope makes sense and would create tax revenue but considering the current trend in anti tobacco legislation and the fact that any inhaled smoke contains most of the same carcinogens you'd be hard pressed to get widespread support in state/federal legislative bodies on those grounds alone.
6) Any serious campaign to legalize pot use begins with decriminalizing possession for personal use.

There. That wasn't so hard, was it? Now why couldn't we write that in our first post? Forums are a learning process I suppose!

Status
Not open for further replies.