Left 2 Die

DeletedUser

Hello, Campfire. Before I explain the backstory etc, I should probably state that this ain't yo momma's RP. Dawg. This is what I like to call a "Dungeon Master RP." Basically, while individuals and groups are able to lightly influence the situation, the master (me) really decides what goes on in the game. Don't worry, there's no "Roll for initiative" stuff here, although some of my decisions will be based on my personal die/coin flip. For example, when hordes and specially mutated infected arrive, and hits upon those infected (FE, melée weapons have a higher chance to hit, but a lower chance to incapacitate/slow down those infected)

That was the bones, now for the meat.

As of mid-summer, 2009, an infection called the 'red flu' hits middle America. It is a rabies-like virus, which spreads slowly, and is not an immediate harm to the nation. The Civil Emergency and Defense Agency acts quickly, dispatching agents to classify and combat the disease. Infection is contained for meantime.

Winter 2009. Th virus is still undefeatable and has grown in 'strength.' It spreads faster, with reports ranging from two hours to two minutes. CEDA's hazmat-covered science team falls to the violent cases. Infection begins to seep through the CEDA quarantine as the military desperatley tries to stop the threat.

New Year's day, 2010. The infection grows even stronger, with victims now mutating into super-animals, tearing apart anything that is not them, even with disemboweled limbs. Many CEDA and US Army joint bases and outposts fall to the virus. CEDA is now jokingly named Can't Ever Defend Anything.

Spring, 2010. Infection ravages the country, with few, if any, green zones left. The military and government has begun major evacuations to offshore countries, territories, and Hawaii. LA, New Orleans, and NYC are rumored to still be standing. The rest of the world watches in horror.

And this is where you come in. Somehow, someway, you and a group of survivors missed the military Evac at San Francisco Harbor. Thanks to some maps and crap left behind, you find out that LA is your next best hope. You gather supplies and wait to begin the journey.

Char. Sheet:
Name- Duh.
Age- Duh.
Appearence- Duh.
Backstory- Life before the outbreak, occupation, how you got to San Fran, etc.
Starting Weapon- weapon you managed to scavenge. Can be a 9mm pistol or a melée weapon which uses no outside assistance except your strength (no if's and's or but's.) Please note that you may have only ONE starting weapon.
Snappy One-Liners- Lines you may frequently use in the outbreak. Because every survivor has some.

Notes- The Master dictates where you find supplies, special infected, hordes of infected, etc. Everyone begins with a medkit and a bottle of painkillers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

Pain Pills==============Survivor Utility 22
You swallow an entire bottle of painkillers and
miraculously find the strength to fight on.
Encounter ♦ Martial, Healing
Minor Action=====Personal
Effect: You gain 50 temporary hit points.

Okay, I'm done jesting. Guess what that was supposed to be, though!
Character to come when I think of one!

DeletedUser13682

Name- John Lewis
Age- 39
Appearence- http://d.imagehost.org/0099/Eddie_Dean.jpg
Backstory- John Lewis was a San Francisconer (ian, ish, uh... help but anyway...) He was a gunsmith apprentice, yes still an apprentice, but if this virus hadn't hit, he would have been an expert gunsmith by now.
Starting Weapon- 1- Browning Hi-Power
Snappy One-Liners- Pills here!; I wish there were other worlds than these.

DeletedUser14280

Question....s. Can we start with heavier weapons if we have no ammo for them?
Eg, can we start with empty/low ammo shotguns or rifles, or chainsaws with limited fuel?
And what about body armor and kung-fu action? The character concept I'm thinking has a bit like that.
And what campaign are we doing?

DeletedUser

Alright, I'ma gonna get a few things straight:
This is NOT Left 4 Dead, rather a spinoff, meaning we do NO campaigns from the game, although this mimics the basic story arc of Left 4 Dead 2.
And, honestly, body armor ain't gonna help when a frickin' mutated human infected with a virus that makes his body have a very large pain threshold rips it off, or goes for your face. Or 'nads.
Third, I'm trying to make this RP like the starting of most Left 4 Dead campaigns, with limited weapons and ammo. For example, the campaign Dead Center began with an option of dual pistols or a melee weapon.
Fourth, I am sticking strong to my "Pistol or meleeweapons which do not require outside assistance..." statement, like Dead Center. Capiche?

EDIT: And Kung-Fu? Really? Go right ahead, Jimmy Gibs Jr. Good luck killing a zombie, let alone a special infected, with your bear hands. Especially when a boomer comes around.

DeletedUser

Name- Piggletto Copparoni
Age- 23
Appearence- He looks like a cop. Definately looks like a cop.
Backstory- A cop... With a gun...
Starting Weapon- Glock 17, 3 full mags.
Snappy One-Liners- To a woman- "Maybe we should... repopulate the earth?" To a man-"Zombie or not, check her out!" After killing a zombie-"Boom, headshot!"

DeletedUser

Luna, I specifically state that you may have ONE melée weapon.

DeletedUser

alraight..

Name - Francissca or visca
Age - 21
Appearence - young women, look like a noob, ew..
Backstory - she love of Japanese culture and decided to take kendo club next to his house, she went to San Francisco with family to evacuated, but when got there she was the only remaining
Starting Weapon - Katana (it's alright?? one melee weapon right??)
Snappy One-Liners- "Kyaaa!!" ; "God, give me strength" ; "Oh, my..."
it's ok?

DeletedUser

F'sho it's alright. One melée weapon. Honestly, the rest of the bio, unless it's crap, you really don't need to worry about.

DeletedUser

Seems like I should like this, dont hate on me too bad though, this is my first try.. ;)

Char. Sheet:
Name- Magnus Allen
Age- 21
Appearence- 6'2" 195lbs, shaved low black hair, brown eyes, black goatee. Loves sunglasses, always has on a pair no matter the times. Ratty jeans "cuz they work", and whatever shirt he can find that fits.
Backstory- Actually lives across the bay from san francisco, growing up next to oakland, magnus grew up fighting. As he infection started to spread, he was starting an apprentiship in his uncle's auto garage, specilizing in motorcycles. Really fun and easygoing, just dont get his temper flairing. People call him 'random' because he does what he likes, leaves what he doesnt.
Starting Weapon- Found a nifty Halligan. Its like a super crowbar with hook, spike, and prongs. (pic if any1s wondering)
products_halligan.jpg

Snappy One-Liners- Can I finally nap after this?! (yes, he is lazy too)

DeletedUser

(Well, we have 4 players, so I'll start the game.)

The helicopters that were supposed to save you fly away as fast as they can in the opposite direction. There has been a change of plans, both for you and CEDA. They, apparently, are saving themselves. You, however, have to hike to the next location where there is even a slight chance of saftey. Right now, it's the Alameda Naval Base, where the helicopter appears to be going. Grab your weapon, get familiar, and move out.

DeletedUser

After the helicopter away from the military base, Visca looked around. CEDA seemed busy with his own plans, some ordinary citizens seem taunting and difficult to be approached with a gun they own.

So he started walking, with caution to a destination place, stop awhile to turn back and look at ordinary people who were gathered at the original place, wandering what they wait.

DeletedUser

Luna, CEDA is an organzitaion, which left you for dead. Not a person.

DeletedUser13682

John sighed as he watched the last helicopter fly over his head, Break on Through flowing out from the damn things. He waved his fist at the passing helicopters, those who saw him waved back, making John even angrier. After the last helicopter had passed, John got back to work, scrounging on the ground, around a wrecked Black Hawk, searching for a part. He eventually found what he was looking for, and picked up the charred remains of a Browning Hi-Power. Taking it apart, John took the parts he needed, and placed them on his own Hi-Power.

After he was done with that, John saw a couple other useful things on the ground, a medpac and painkillers (that's how John got his other starting items, they're not extras). "Pills, here!" John exclaimed. He quickly grabbed them, and put them in a satchel he found. (it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one) After all this, John started walking in the direction of Los Angeles, hoping to find a working car on the way.

DeletedUser14280

Look at me, I have writer's block!

Name- Gordon Freeman
Age- 27
Appearence- You already know. Instead of the HEV suit, he has a geek suit instead, and a lab coat.
Backstory- Gordon was headed down to Black Mesa, but his bus was attacked by Infected and he was stranded in San Francisco.
Starting Weapon- Crowbar
Snappy One-Liners- "As a man holding a Ph.D. in science, I can tell you that...oh, just take the whole bottle."
"Theoretically speaking, zombies can't exist. Theoretically."

Name- Leon Scott Kennedy
Age- 22.
Appearence- You know this too. Leon's outfit hasn't changed.
Backstory- Leon was sent to San Francisco to assist CEDA in aquiring a sample of the Infection, Leon having experience with zombies.
Some time later, when the Infection fully broke out, he made it his personal mission to keep the other survivors safe.
Starting Weapon- Silver Ghost (Leon's custom handgun)
Snappy One-Liners- "You sure this isn't the T-virus?"
"Shoot them in the head."

Take your pick, which one should I use?

DeletedUser

Screw the canon, get Freeman in- wait, how does he- screw that canon, then!

DeletedUser

(ouch, ok)

She keep moving to the next spot, Alameda Naval Base. She keep moving going further until there was no one around, alone outside the military headquarters.

"Ok, no one here even a infected" after look around.

Not far from her parked an army jeep, thinking about walking to destination alone makes tired, so she decided to drive the vehicle if it can be used. She grab a katana , with caution and slow pace approached the jeep (by the way how these reflexes on the infected, because I did not play the game, slow or swift?)