Item Set Weapons

DeletedUser

Belle, do we have an actual firearm that is part of the Dancer's Set? Is it achievable in the same way as Dancer's Set? It doesn't even give an added bonus to the Dancer's Set and Female/Male sets require Male only & Female only and Belle Starr's Deringer is used by both sexes.

DeletedUser

I know but neither set has a gun or weapon added and it shouldn't be that way... Weapons and guns can be used by both sexes and in history both sexes used deringers for hidden weapons. My opinion is that guns and weapons should stay the way they're implemented now....

DeletedUser

So you're saying your own idea should not be implemented?

It is your own opinion, but I support this idea. For reasons as nobody(maybe Slygoxx) knows.;)

DeletedUser

No no no.
Terrible idea. Yes the charlatan set has a weapon. It is a terrible weapon which makes you more vulnerable to duelers.
What if a melee dueler wants to use a set that has a firearm weapon in it? Why should they be at a disadvantage? and vise vesa.

I'd hate for this to be implemented.

DeletedUser22575

No no no.
Terrible idea. Yes the charlatan set has a weapon. It is a terrible weapon which makes you more vulnerable to duelers.
What if a melee dueler wants to use a set that has a firearm weapon in it? Why should they be at a disadvantage? and vise vesa.

I'd hate for this to be implemented.

They wouldn't be at any more of a disadvantage using the set with the weapon of their choice than they are right now. You want to wear the gentleman's set with a weapon you want to use now you can. Nothing stopping you. No added disadvantage with this proposal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

They wouldn't be at any more of a disadvantage using the set with the weapon of their choice than they are right now. You want to wear the gentleman's set with a weapon you want to use now you can. Nothing stopping you. No added disadvantage with this proposal.

So they use a weapon of their choice and don't get the full advantages of the set... Sure there's no disadvantage :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I'm going to add a Melee weapon for Dancer & Gentlemans. So that minuses your opinion of disadvantage to Melee fighters, but then again, if you're going to use the Set, wouldn't it be for LP not dueling? And you can easily change after starting the job.

DeletedUser

I'm going to add a Melee weapon for Dancer & Gentlemans. So that minuses your opinion of disadvantage to Melee fighters, but then again, if you're going to use the Set, wouldn't it be for LP not dueling? And you can easily change after starting the job.

A weapon for each would be better, but what would the damage be on these?

What I'm trying to say is if you're a melee dueler at level 80 and you're wearing a set to do a certain job and the weapon for this set is a firearm with damage of 20-80 you will be at a huge disadvantage.
It will be the charlatan set all over again.

IF this idea were to be implemented I think the weapons should be for higher level players level 80+, this gives them some new exclusive weaponry and better ability to do more jobs. At current there are only a few items for players over level 80.

The weapons should also do decent damage, not amazing but better damage than that damn corrosive acid.

DeletedUser

Hm.. Should we not let the Developers to decide the damage? And I also would like to have another weapon for 80+ so if this is implemented, I'd like it as an 80+ level requirement and probaly a good few bits of cash.

DeletedUser22575

A weapon for each would be better, but what would the damage be on these?

What I'm trying to say is if you're a melee dueler at level 80 and you're wearing a set to do a certain job and the weapon for this set is a firearm with damage of 20-80 you will be at a huge disadvantage.
It will be the charlatan set all over again.

IF this idea were to be implemented I think the weapons should be for higher level players level 80+, this gives them some new exclusive weaponry and better ability to do more jobs. At current there are only a few items for players over level 80.

The weapons should also do decent damage, not amazing but better damage than that damn corrosive acid.

Your choice to use the weapon or not, just like it is your choice to use the Charlatan set or not, so any perceived "disadvantage" is your choice to incur or not. I use the Charlatans set quite frequently without problems.

Appears to me you want all sunshine and no rain.

As far as the weapon being "exclusive" for levels 80+ in actuality higher level players need more lps less than lower levels to do jobs.

Item sets and weapons for higher levels should be two different categories.

DeletedUser

Hm.. I'd say a Level Requirement of 40?

That would be possibly a good level requirement.

DeletedUser

Your choice to use the weapon or not, just like it is your choice to use the Charlatan set or not, so any perceived "disadvantage" is your choice to incur or not. I use the Charlatans set quite frequently without problems.

Appears to me you want all sunshine and no rain.

As far as the weapon being "exclusive" for levels 80+ in actuality higher level players need more lps less than lower levels to do jobs.

Item sets and weapons for higher levels should be two different categories.

I'm really not sure you understand what a disadvantage is.
Either way there will be a disadvantage.
I: You will have the full set advantages but would probably be using an awful weapon.
II: You use your standard weapon but don't get all of the advantages of the set.

If it's not broke don't fix it. Why should the weapon become part of the set? The items that affects dueling the most? Only two of the sets use products, why not add products to all of the sets if sets must be edited. IMO more sets would be better than making changes to the current ones and sets for higher level players so they actually get something that you have to work for.

Hm.. I'd say a Level Requirement of 40?

That would be possibly a good level requirement.

So you think it should be 40 because that would be a "possibly a good level requirement"?

DeletedUser22575

I'm really not sure you understand what a disadvantage is.
Either way there will be a disadvantage.
I: You will have the full set advantages but would probably be using an awful weapon.
II: You use your standard weapon but don't get all of the advantages of the set.

If it's not broke don't fix it. Why should the weapon become part of the set? The items that affects dueling the most? Only two of the sets use products, why not add products to all of the sets if sets must be edited. IMO more sets would be better than making changes to the current ones and sets for higher level players so they actually get something that you have to work for.

So you think it should be 40 because that would be a "possibly a good level requirement"?

Oh how ridiculous.

Lets take the gentlemans set for example. If they added a weapon to it all it would do is add more LP's to the set. If you used the set without the weapon you would have the same LP's using the set as you would right now.

Lets say they added the golden colt to it for example. The golden colt would not suddenly do less damage just because it was added to a set and you used it without the set.

So there is no harm no foul here as far as dueling goes. You could still take that weapon and go duel with it with no change.

If they added a different wimp weapon to the set use the set without it. Your trade off would be if you did not use the weapon they chose you would have a few less LP's using the set than someone who did. But you would still have the same LP's as you would right now using the set.

But that would be your choice to do so, not someone else's.

I understand what a disadvantage is quite well.

But in this case there really is none.

1. Those that want the extra LP's could use the set with the weapon that was assigned to it.

2. Those that did not like the weapon could use a different weapon with it and still have the same LP's they do right now.

3. There would be no effect on dueling.

So there is under these condition nothing "not broken being fixed".

But there would be players making their own choices about what to use/not use and being responsible for those decisions.

DeletedUser

Suppose that a less-powerful weapon such as Allen's Pepperbox or Belle Starr's Deringer was added to the sets. Unless the extra labor points were needed to be able to do a job at all, a player could put on the weapon, queue up the job, and change the weapon back to a Golden.

DeletedUser

I have a suggestion. The Gentleman's weapon could be that the Walking Stick actually conceals a blade similar to the foil. The weapon would look like a foil but with the grip looking like the Walking Stick's handle. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't gentlemen challenge each other to duels (with foils) when settling disputes? That was a different time though I suppose.

Also the other pieces of the GMan's set would work better with a melee weapon. Just a thought I had.

DeletedUser

Oh how ridiculous.

Lets take the gentlemans set for example. If they added a weapon to it all it would do is add more LP's to the set. If you used the set without the weapon you would have the same LP's using the set as you would right now.

Lets say they added the golden colt to it for example. The golden colt would not suddenly do less damage just because it was added to a set and you used it without the set.

So there is no harm no foul here as far as dueling goes. You could still take that weapon and go duel with it with no change.

If they added a different wimp weapon to the set use the set without it. Your trade off would be if you did not use the weapon they chose you would have a few less LP's using the set than someone who did. But you would still have the same LP's as you would right now using the set.

But that would be your choice to do so, not someone else's.

I understand what a disadvantage is quite well.

But in this case there really is none.

1. Those that want the extra LP's could use the set with the weapon that was assigned to it.

2. Those that did not like the weapon could use a different weapon with it and still have the same LP's they do right now.

3. There would be no effect on dueling.

So there is under these condition nothing "not broken being fixed".

But there would be players making their own choices about what to use/not use and being responsible for those decisions.

You contradict yourself really quite well. You've just pointed out the disadvantages but say they're not disadvantages. So you don't know what a disadvantage is.
There would be an effect on dueling, believe me I know how easy it is to smash a player who's using the full Charlatan set.

I refuse to reply until you make a half intelligent arguement.

DeletedUser22575

You contradict yourself really quite well. You've just pointed out the disadvantages but say they're not disadvantages. So you don't know what a disadvantage is.
There would be an effect on dueling, believe me I know how easy it is to smash a player who's using the full Charlatan set.

I refuse to reply until you make a half intelligent arguement.

If you don't like the new set you don't have to use it Same for the charlaton set.

Those that do like the new set can use it.

Pretty simple. You make the decision and take your chances.

Sounds like you want a set that is essentially your defensive dueling set with minimal risk to do jobs yet have max lps for the job. Doesn't work that way.

Its all about players considering the risks, making choices and accepting responsibility for those choices not whining over what they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

TJ, I believe TheCool doesn't actually know what a disadvantage is. If you decide to use the set with the weapon then you might have a few more LP's. If you decide to use the set without the weapon, then you've made a choice. And as said before. You can queue up a job and then switch to a Golden (Insert here).

DeletedUser

So is that still not a disadvantage when somebody comes and hands you ass to you because you're using a precise deringer at level 90?

Like I said before, why does it have to be the weapon? Why not a product? Something that only really influences the job side of things, instead of the weapon which changes working and dueling.