Inventory-when should I change my clothes?

DeletedUser3543

As far as I can tell At least Elmyr and myself are not contradicting each other.

LP are taken into Account when you Queue a job. Motivation is measured both when you Queue the Job and Finish the job. As such you should put on your best gear when queueing the job and then change to your clothes for either the next job you want to Queue or Defense against duelers.

Why is motivation measured when you finish the job?

DeletedUser

I think it has something to do with the differential......but I'm not sure

DeletedUser3543

D'OH!!!!!

Labour points has absolutely no bearing on how much XP is earned from a job anyway, so it really doesn't matter when the clothes are changed with respect to XP.

However Labour points DO affect how much damage is dealt out, so for those high risk jobs keep those clothes on until the job is finished to avoid getting more damage than necessary....

DeletedUser

But as far as anyone has ever stated here in these forums....(and I have never seen evidence to contradict this personally) The labor points are only checked when the job is queued so once you've queued the job the clothes don't matter as they aren't checked again. If anyone has proof contrary to this please post a link

DeletedUser

i have tested this and even after i remove a hat, there is no difference in the xp earned

DeletedUser

I frequently change clothes after scheduling a job and never have serious injuries when it brings my LP down very low. As far as motivation goes, I've seen nothing that convinces me motivation on other jobs is different from motivation on construction, which is definitely starting motivation. It does affect XP, and I believe everything uses starting motivation, not final motivation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure it's starting motivation, not final motivation, but there's no easy way to test it, because 5% makes too little difference. Why would other jobs be different from construction?

DeletedUser

sorry If I caused cornfusion with the motivation thing I was recalling thread details from awhile back starting motivation makes sense to me

DeletedUser

I thought that was what the OP was implying when he mentioned 'credit'???
I think the OP meant impact of LP on all - damage, XP, chances of finding items and wages, since he referred to 'credit' of LP, where LP influences all of the mentioned items.
But as far as anyone has ever stated here in these forums....(and I have never seen evidence to contradict this personally) The labor points are only checked when the job is queued so once you've queued the job the clothes don't matter as they aren't checked again. If anyone has proof contrary to this please post a link
True, but everybody saying it without stating a basis for it, does not make it true. For this same argument, I would also like to see some proof that labor points are only checked when the job is queued. The only data supporting this statement (and that is based on experience where random factors also plays a role), is from Elmyr's post below.
I frequently change clothes after scheduling a job and never have serious injuries when it brings my LP down very low.
As said before, the only practical data so far to substantiate a statement, which would of course raise the question of how many samples do you need for it to be statistically significant, and then the opposite would also need to be tested (queuing jobs with 1 LP, and then changing to better gear before the job is started until after the job is completed). Again we would probably need a decent size sample for it to be statistically significant.
i have tested this and even after i remove a hat, there is no difference in the xp earned
Rightly so, which would not prove anything, since XP is not influenced by LP.

I guess I would still like to know if anybody has any proof, statistically significant data or other facts to determine if the LP used for calculating damage, wages and chances of finding items is determined when you queue the job or when you do the job? Of course many people have their opinions on this, but I am sure the OP (and I) would like to know if there are facts about this, and not only opinions?

DeletedUser

I disagree, emperor wes. If you transport ammo with 1 LP, it's very easy to pass out from an injury. A mere 20 or so LP cuts the damage to low single digits. Changing any clothes you can until you get "You need that item for a scheduled job" reduces you to very low LP, but injury damage is still very low.

DeletedUser

Hmmm... me thinks me needs to do a few tests :huh:. I've been lucky as well when I could only start doing the Transport Ammo job (I really needed the sticks of dynamite at the time), since I never passed out on the job either, although I barely had enough skill points to do the job. I'll post when I have some results, but I guess it will take several days. David Crocket, since you said the same as Elmyr, do you also have data to support it?

Edit: I just checked the online help - according to the help the LP should change the chance of getting injured, but it does not say anything about LP influencing the damage when injury occurs.
The higher the danger, the more dangerous the injuries can turn out. The chance that you get hurt is decided by the time you work and by the labor points you have for this job.

DeletedUser

True, but everybody saying it without stating a basis for it, does not make it true. For this same argument, I would also like to see some proof that labor points are only checked when the job is queued.

The clothing issue has been tested. I can't remember who did it or where the original thread is, but it was tested by doing town construction where the building points gained are dependent on LP and the results are static, not random.

The person tested it by equipping gear after queuing the job and they received only the building points they would have based on the gear they had on originally. They also tested it by removing gear after the job was queued, and still received the amount of building points they would have if they had the original gear on.

Thus... LP are calculated from the gear you are wearing at the time of queuing the job.

Edited to add: I do this all the time. I definitely receive building points based on gear at the time of queuing, not based on what I am wearing when the job finishes and I have seen zero effects which suggest it isn't the same for all other jobs.

DeletedUser

Thanks, noted and filed then in my archives... (and I'm just saved from going through the effort of testing myself...)

DeletedUser

Can of worms here.....thanks for the feedback everyone (sheepish grin ;-))
Go away for a day or two in this world and all sorts of stuff goes down.....

DeletedUser3543

So for clarification.....

If I put the clothes on to give the most labour points in grave robbing, and then set up four consecutive 2 hour work sessions in it, starting with a motivation of 100%, then I should have 100% in my chances to find an item calculation.

Therefore I should have 16 seperate calculations - 4 work 'slots' times 4 30 minute chances per work slot - all calculating with 100% motivation???

To me it doesn't seem right, however I will happily take it in my search for note part 1 :)

DeletedUser

So for clarification.....

If I put the clothes on to give the most labour points in grave robbing, and then set up four consecutive 2 hour work sessions in it, starting with a motivation of 100%, then I should have 100% in my chances to find an item calculation.

No MisterGadlif. This has nothing to do with motivation at all. It only means that the labour points are recorded when you queue your jobs. It seems obvious to me that the actual calculations are done on completion, when all the data needed for them has been gathered.

DeletedUser3543

No MisterGadlif. This has nothing to do with motivation at all. It only means that the labour points are recorded when you queue your jobs. It seems obvious to me that the actual calculations are done on completion, when all the data needed for them has been gathered.

If I am moving from one job to another (Job A to Job B), when do I need to swap my inventory around in order to max my labor points for the next job??

This question is particularly relevant when I am queing up 2 jobs in a row and don't expect to be online during the transition between jobs.

Will I lose "credit" for Job A's labor points if I switch to B gear before I have finished A? Or is it okay if I just make the switch after I have started B as long as I do so before I finish B?

So, therefore the answer to the OP's question is a very firm YES, you will lose the 'credit' for the job if you change clothes before you complete that job.

DeletedUser

So, therefore the answer to the OP's question is a very firm YES, you will lose the 'credit' for the job if you change clothes before you complete that job.
No. The answer to the OP's question is a very firm NO. You will not lose credit if you change your clothes after the job has been queued.

You can put on your best clothes for job 1 and queue it, then immediately change into your best clothes for job 2, queue that, and then immediately change into your best defensive gear just in case you get attacked.

All evidence tells us that LP is recorded at the time you click the OK button to schedule the work, and that it is not rechecked when the job is finished.

DeletedUser

I can see where you misunderstood the posts. Violette correctly said that the calculations are done on completion of the job, when all the data needed for the calculation (e.g. time on the job) has been gathered. She did not spell it out again, but from the rest of the thread, it is clear that the labour points used when doing the calculations at completion of the job, is the labour points when the job was queued. Therefore the firm NO to the OP's question - he will not lose the 'credit'.