Inventory-when should I change my clothes?

DeletedUser

If I am moving from one job to another (Job A to Job B), when do I need to swap my inventory around in order to max my labor points for the next job??

This question is particularly relevant when I am queing up 2 jobs in a row and don't expect to be online during the transition between jobs.

Will I lose "credit" for Job A's labor points if I switch to B gear before I have finished A? Or is it okay if I just make the switch after I have started B as long as I do so before I finish B?

DeletedUser

clothing bonuses are calculated when the job is queued. As long as you still have the minimum labor points to do the previously queued jobs

DeletedUser

As David Crocket said. You can put on gear for one job, queue the job, change clothes for a second job and queue that, and then put on your dueling clothes in case you get attacked.

DeletedUser

clothing bonuses are calculated when the job is queued. As long as you still have the minimum labor points to do the previously queued jobs

As David Crocket said. You can put on gear for one job, queue the job, change clothes for a second job and queue that, and then put on your dueling clothes in case you get attacked.
Is this opinion or fact? I'm not critical of the statements, but would just like to know if anybody knows for certain. The online help says:
None of the bonuses those items offer work as long as you don't wear them on your body.
If you know for sure, where did you get the info?

DeletedUser

so if you equip after the job is queued no bonus will be received ??

DeletedUser

@ emperor wes,..
Yeah,..But you can remove them. And the bonus will be counted when you do the job.

@ No it won't....>You should have it on your body when you queue it.

DeletedUser

so equipping after Queuing is useless and what if with clothes someone can do that job queue it then remove the clothes ??

DeletedUser

Nothing will happen if you change the clothes..Although, you LP shouldn't drop below 1.

DeletedUser

so what will happen if
Example - i want to do picking sugarcane but have 0 labor points i equip Gray cap +5 toughness and get 5 labor points and queue the job for 2 hours and unequip the cap after 5 minutes so what will happen ??

DeletedUser

You won't be able to..
You need atleast 1 LP to do a job..
If you have 1 LP left after removing the cap,..You can remove the cap.
In other terms,..You need 6 LP for that job. When you remove the 5 LP..You are left with 1 LP(Atleast)..
But you will get the bonus of 6 LP

DeletedUser3543

I'm not sure any of that is correct.

All of the formulae for calculating XP that people have come up with, all include motivation in them.

Motivation is only calculated at the END of a job, and thus XP must only be calculated at the END of a job too....

Otherwise you could queue up four 2 hour sessions of Hunting Grizzlies and the XP - calculated from the labour points and motivation - should only vary according to the random figure in the calculation.....

You can see this for yourself as when you finish a job the report for that job does not appear instantly, but takes about five seconds or so to appear in your reports. I guess this is because the calculation is being done for that job.....

I would suggest that to gain maximum benefit from labour points and clothing bonuses you should keep the clothing that gives the maximum LP on until the job you are doing is completed, then change jobs.

Thus if you can do it....

Queue job A with [eg] 50LP, and job B with [eg] 1LP.

Wait 3 hours 50 mins or so then change clothes to give job B [eg] 35LP for maximum benefit from both jobs.....

DeletedUser

if you want to post or know or discuss any formula just click on the link in my sign

DeletedUser

Is this opinion or fact? I'm not critical of the statements, but would just like to know if anybody knows for certain.

If you know for sure, where did you get the info?

The following posts each contradict each other, which is why I would like to know if anybody here KNOWS (meaning you got facts from somewhere, not hearsay or opinions).

DeletedUser

Well, the formula is here : http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=186043&postcount=2

If you could queue the jobs up and the LP was only registered when the job was queued there wouldn't much use for motivation...
That formula is only for Experience, which is not influenced by Labour Points. Motivation could still play a role, multiplying the total effect with the motivation of whatever labour points were used for the calculations, either when queuing or at the end of job.
So far I could not see any definite answer, which is why I keep fishing :)
Knight, I'll pm you re codes.

DeletedUser3543

If I am moving from one job to another (Job A to Job B), when do I need to swap my inventory around in order to max my labor points for the next job??

This question is particularly relevant when I am queing up 2 jobs in a row and don't expect to be online during the transition between jobs.

Will I lose "credit" for Job A's labor points if I switch to B gear before I have finished A? Or is it okay if I just make the switch after I have started B as long as I do so before I finish B?

That formula is only for Experience, which is not influenced by Labour Points. Motivation could still play a role, multiplying the total effect with the motivation of whatever labour points were used for the calculations, either when queuing or at the end of job.
So far I could not see any definite answer, which is why I keep fishing :)
Knight, I'll pm you re codes.

I thought that was what the OP was implying when he mentioned 'credit'???

DeletedUser

As far as I can tell At least Elmyr and myself are not contradicting each other.

LP are taken into Account when you Queue a job. Motivation is measured both when you Queue the Job and Finish the job. As such you should put on your best gear when queueing the job and then change to your clothes for either the next job you want to Queue or Defense against duelers.