Intolerant Liberals

DeletedUser

oisinallen said:
I do believe that Justin was acting like the kind of person who would utter such an exclamation when I said that to him. I was acting like my ordinary self. Think more carefully in future.
EDIT: I will refrain from commenting to the post above in order to save us all from "a rant for ois," as was stated in a rep someone gave me.

However, as I looked through my reps, I have but one thing to say:
Reputation tool: a coward's way of fighting

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As much as I'd like to reiterate, I may be heretic, yet I still am basically Catholic, brother justin michael..

So with this following quote from you, I know you didn't mean to harm much, however, you may either deliberately or unintentionally hit me with a shrapnel..

Originally Posted by Justin Michael
Listen, "flaming idiot," I am not a Catholic. How many darn times do I have to say this?! Catholicism is false Christianity. There, I said it for you too now, Hellstromm.

We may have differences in religious beliefs, brother, however, if Catholicism is false Christianity, then it would be similar as saying Jesus Christ is as well false, for The Lord Almighty is still the very core of this religion I belong to. The teachings done by individual priests may have some light of personal intention, however, one who listens would simply disregard said personal intention and listen to that wherein he may learn from.

One must try to continue to find goodness in something, or everything, rather than watch out for mistakes of error in another may commit. :indian:

DeletedUser

It's a fools errand to reason with him L3, but I appluad you for trying.

DeletedUser

But remember John nothing can be made fool-proof because fools are such ingenious people (yes I know it's a non-sequitur)

DeletedUser

Or to put it another way; Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

DeletedUser

The Bible says there is only one way to get to heaven. L3 claims it's by works, JM claims it's by faith. Only one of them can be right.

I have nothing more to say.

DeletedUser

The Bible says there is only one way to get to heaven. L3 claims it's by works, JM claims it's by faith. Only one of them can be right.

I have nothing more to say.

THere are more possibilities.

1) The Bible is wrong.
2) They are both wrong.
3) They are both right.
4) They are partialy right.

DeletedUser

I'd say that someone who believes and does good works is much more likely to be accepted than someone who believes but doesn't follow the rules. If you truly believe, you'd want to do what was required; if you just spout off Bible quotes and ignore what most of the Bible says, it's most likely not real faith.

DeletedUser

but what about somebody who does good works yet doesn't believe? According to the two Middle Eastern religions with "rewards" in the Afterlife (the Jewish faith does not worry about the concept of heaven and hell) those who do good works but don't believe/accept the faith go to hell. Does this seem fair? What if I choose to believe the wrong one? Is there a Muslim heaven and a Christian Heaven? Would Muslim Heaven be Christian Hell and Vice Versa? Oh Noes Religuns R Krumbling in teh fase of Lojik :bandit:

DeletedUser

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

The Sheep and the Goats completely disproves the idea that Christianity says deeds can't get you into heaven.

DeletedUser

but not deeds alone. There are several references to those who "hear the word but do not accept it". According to the Dogma you must kneel before their Space God to gain access to the Kingdom good works are not enough.

Quote from Farscape season 4 episode 17 "constellation of a doubt"

Bobby: Do religions hate each other where you come from?
Noranti: Oh, good heavens, no. Religions are grand, lofty ideas. Religious followers, now that’s another story

DeletedUser

on works the book of James states
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

this makes clear that through your faith you will do the works .

John 3:16 makes it clear hower that the works are not needed.

DeletedUser

Just to cover something in JM's signature: Sorry bud, you're not the king of controversy, only the king of ignorance. You don't even know the biblical scriptures for which you covet and incorrectly pose as argument.

You claim there are no such things as fossils, and yet such do exist. Fossils are tangible and measureable. If you wish to claim fossils do not exist, you will have to do better than claim such then holding your breath.

I would also like to point out that you "religiously" avoided responding to "any" of my disputations. Goes to show you don't have any effective arguments:

1. You still have not provided names for these so-called "evolutionists you personally spoke to.

2. You still have not provided names for these so-called "evolutionists" you allege to have indicated this or that.

3. I corrected you on your absurd notions on platypus.

4. You have thusfar failed to provide a reasonable argument as to how the platypus traveled from the Middle East to Australia.

5. You have not provided evidence to "support" your notions of Creationism.

6. You have only participated in one thing --- attack. You attack all that you perceive to be threats to your belief. Whether they be evidence, suppositions, theories, or persons, your approach is to attack, without providing even an iota of evidence.

7. You have not provided any evidence to support your claims. The bulk of your argument is "belief" and the "bible."

8. You have not responded to the arguments regarding the "fact" man wrote, rewrote, edited and disincluded writings to provide what you presently claim as the prime means of argument for your claims. I.e., the Bible.

9. When I indicated Scott Huse lied, I provided evidence to prove that he lied. By the mere fact that, on 1994, he updated his 1983 book, but did not correct his erroneous conclusions and claims on platypus, indicates he likely intended to exploit the ignorance of others. The comments he made were blatantly false, as I effectively demonstrated in my earlier posts. So yes, ultimately he did lie. Your strict adherence in contra, merely demonstrates you're a liar too.

As it is, Justin, you demonstrate gross ignorance, a denial of stated evidence, and a continued "attack as a defense, attack as argument" posturing. You've been set to the task of both providing evidence in support of your claims and in countering the evidence I have since presented. You failed to do either.

DeletedUser

Intolerance
I find an immense degree of tolerance to your gross ignorance, your insulting tone, and your complete failure to respond to any arguments presented. In contrast, I find many people with your dogmatic position to be extremely intolerant. In fact, I doubt you would allow me to marry your daughter (assuming somebody was foolish enough to procreate with you), or eat at the same dinner table.

Liberals
I find it interesting how you present a "political" title to these discussions. Regardless, stating liberals as being intolerant is an oxymoron if i've ever heard one. Liberalism emphasizes individual rights and equality of opportunity. Liberals, as a whole, encourage equality among persons and tolerance (if not acceptance) of differing views.

(oh hey Denisero, just realized you pretty much pointed out the same thing. hehe)

DeletedUser

I have just read this whole thread, and I can't help wondering:
Which posts are serious and which are jokes?
Am I amused when I should be offended and vice versa?
Are there really people so ignorant that they believe in the bible as a literal text?
-I am sure the vast majority of it is intended to be allegorical.

More to the point though I was just curious if JM was serious in his original post?
Seems to me he just spouted a load of **** to try and start an argument. Either that or he is trying to undermine any actual fundamentalist christian conservatives here by representing them with his ineffective arguments!

DeletedUser

More to the point though I was just curious if JM was serious in his original post?
Seems to me he just spouted a load of **** to try and start an argument. Either that or he is trying to undermine any actual fundamentalist christian conservatives here by representing them with his ineffective arguments!

As much as I'd like to believe JM is engaging in satire, that does not seem to be the case.

DeletedUser

I have just read this whole thread, and I can't help wondering:
Which posts are serious and which are jokes?
Am I amused when I should be offended and vice versa?
Are there really people so ignorant that they believe in the bible as a literal text?
-I am sure the vast majority of it is intended to be allegorical.

there are indeed biblical literalists yes . For the record however i am not one of them

DeletedUser

There are also those like me who just like to argue. I just pick a side, and sometimes switch. Little of what I say can be taken completely seriously, but I do believe most of what I post.

DeletedUser

Arguing just for the hell of it I can (sort of) understand.
What confuses me is people getting personally offended by other peoples arguments, or flippant remarks, and responding with unjustified vitriol.
Which appears to me to be how this thread started.....