Intolerant Liberals

DeletedUser

Intolerant Liberals (for BillyClub999)

Welcome to "Intolerant Liberals," a thread where we will examine the hypocrisy of many people on this forum.

Between John Rose's name calling, Elmyr's insults, Violette's gross generalizations, Cody McGyver and bk200's hostile questions, Lorgos and Hellstromm's arrogance, and oisinallen's rabid tendencies, I have decided to expose them for who they really are and cut through their hypocritical accusations.

Basically, I will post some stuff which was written by the liberals, and then disassemble it. Sound good?

Number 1A: Oisinallen-isms
Oisinallen loves contradicting himself.

oisinallen said:
I would be careful about being disrespectful to any of the infinite gods which TRULY roam the universe. While it is fine to simply believe in just one god, it is a whole new thing to dismiss the others as ridiculous lies.

oisinallen said:
My god could kick their god's arse any day of the week.

Animism FTW!

oisinallen said:
Hopefully some other god will kill yours soon.

I think Adelei’s “nondenominational-is-a-denomination” quote should fall under this category too:
Adelei Niska said:
I love the term "non-denominational"...because, of course, "non-denominational" is a denomination...

Number 1B: Oisinallen's Religious Insecurity
Oisinallen also gets very upset if you attack one of the basic tenets of his religion: evolution.

Justin Michael said:
The Fact of Evolution: does not exist.
The Theory of Evolution: is contrary to all of the evidence.

oisinalllen said:
That is the biggest lie anyone has ever told.

Evolution is a fact. Nothing you say can change that. Let it f***ing go.

Number 1C: Oisinallen's Ignorance
Oisinallen doesn't know who Oscar Wilde is; let's show him the biography entry in Encyclopedia Britannica about Oscar Wilde.

Encyclopedia Britannica said:
Wilde, Oscar Fingall O'Flahertie Wills
(1854-1900), English author, . . . was born in Dublin on Oct. 16, 1854 . . . .
. . . in 1882 he went on a lecturing tour in the United States, where he wrote a drama, Vera, which was produced in New York. . . . In 1891 his tragedy in blank verse, The Duchess of Padua, was produced in New York. But Wilde's first real success with the larger public as a dramatist was with Lady Windermere's Fan (St. James's Theatre, 1895), followed by A Woman of No Importance (1893), An Ideal Husband (1895) and The Importance of Being Earnest (1895). The wit and brilliance of these pieces helped them to keep the stage, and they are still occasionally revived. In 1893 the licenser of plays refused a license to Wilde's Salome, but it was printed in French in 1893, and produced in Paris by Sara Bernhardt in 1894 . . . .

Number 1D: Oisinallen Doesn't Quote Properly
He loves to take a phrase right out of its text and apply it to something which you never meant.

Justin Michael said:
Everything that you just said is wrong because you're a poopyhead.

Now oisinallen took this phrase right out of its thread without giving it any context. I actually was repeating something which Artemis Gordon had said.

I am now going to give you an example of how you can take anyone's words and completely twist them. First, I will do it to oisinallen's very own words:

oisinallen said:
Whether or not anybody agrees, I am right! You are all wrong because you disagree with me!

And here is an example of Hellstromm's words which I have completely taken out of their context:
Hellstromm said:
And then i splat the egg in your face.

Of course, sometimes their comments genuinely are quite arrogant:
James the Hunter said:
This thread is bull. I am a nithilist and this is the truth!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Number 2A: They Are Racist
Apparently they're not racist. Elmyr proves that they are though:
Elmyr said:
Sorry no Canadians allowed in Off Topic!

Elmyr said:
We've been trying to run off the Irish too, but Oisin will not go away!

Number 2B: They Accuse the “Fundies” of Being Racist.
For some reason they think it is wrong to have an intense love for one own country and believe that it is the best in the world. However, they make a mistake when they say that we “Fundies” only love America. We also greatly love Israel, South Korea, and Taiwan.

Number 3: The Intolerant Liberals Love to Scream about the “Fundy’s God.”

John Rose said:
. . . that vindictive evil ******* of a god that you worship.

John Rose said:
So, we're back at him being a hypocritical tyrant then.

John Rose said:
Yes, by GOD! What a fracking prick he must be.

John Rose said:
We would hate a being like that god of yours, simply because he is a total *******.

John Rose said:
I guess they are all heretics heading for hell due to your correct belief in a vindictive and hateful god.

Number 4: They Love to Insult

John Rose said:
I must do no such thing, and going around hating isn't very respecting at all.
Even though he said hating isn’t very respectful, he goes about hating people anyhow.

John Rose said:
I can’t stand anything that hateful ******* Justin Michael says.

Elmyr said:
Personal question JM: when you were baptized, did they forget about you and leave you underwater too long?

John Rose said:
He calls it evidence, I call it a load of crock.

John Rose said:
If you truly belive all that rubbish, then I'm sorry for you Virginia.

John Rose said:
Are you stupid, or just pretending to be? I am not to blame for your ignorance, but you seem adamant about holding on to it.

John Rose said:
I just guess natural selection has not yet done its work.

John Rose said:
Do you just act stupid, or are you really that stupid?
I think you should stop preacing right there anti-christ!

John Rose said:
Stupid people invented creationism

John Rose said:
Are you pretending to be stupid by making such arguments, or what's the deal?

John Rose said:
*yawn* Justin Michael visits us with his brilliance yet again. As always he does not disappoint those expecting it to be outright lies and propoganda drivel.

John Rose said:
You know what's funny?
Those that strongly oppose the theory of evolution are the ones that most look like a missing link.

Geheim05 said:
Ooooooooooooooooooooooookay, this is just plain stupid. There are countless things that are wrong about this part and the part itself is only a few sentences long.

Geheim05 said:
This is just a bunch of ####.

Lorgos said:
. . . they're idiots though.

Number 5: They Make Gross Generalizations While Accusing Others of Using Stickmen.

Violette LeDrunc said:
What a load of rubbish.

Violette LeDrunc said:
I'm not even going to bother with the internal contradiction in that part of your statement, which is patently illogical and stupid.

Violette LeDrunc said:
The first conclusion is obviously that your statements continue to be stupid.

Violette LeDrunc said:
I don't care what you think, but what you think about why you think it is... patently stupid.

Violette LeDrunc said:
YEC is essentially a hate group.

Violette LeDrunc said:
Well, from an outsiders perspective, there is very little that the US doesn't do "in the name of Christianity."

And, of course, the intolerant liberals have to find some category they can nail on me so as to further their insults. Everything from Mason to Greek Orthodox Catholic has been tried. However, they just don’t want to go back and look what I told them I was. I do not “subscribe” to any denomination. I am a non-denominational Christian. The Roman Catholic Church has given me and my kind a name though: anabaptists.

Number 6: They Don’t Know How to Read Through a Thread and Get the Facts Before They Spout Their Mouth Off.

Hellstromm said:
Look, flaming idiot, I have a moral compass and it didn't come from the Bible. It came from proper upbringing, a conscience, and an innate sense of right and wrong.

Justin Michael said:
Listen, "flaming idiot," I am not a Catholic. How many darn times do I have to say this?! Catholicism is false Christianity. There, I said it for you too now, Hellstromm.

Virginia said:
Mmm, Justin, no. Don't lower yourself to their insults. Although they show no respect for us or our religion, we should continue to show respect to them and their beliefs. It's called proper manners and courtesy, which they apparently haven't learned. Ignore it.

Hellstromm said:
Assuming there's a hell to burn in. Also, and with as much effort to try not sounding juvenile, Justin began with the insults, I merely 'repeated' his words in return, which means I lowered myself to "His" insults.

Hellstromm said:
As to your inability to locate the insults presented by Justin: I can only surmise he already edited them out, you didn't look sufficiently, or you saw it but decided, since it was directed at a non-believer, it's okay.

It wouldn't have been too hard for Hellstromm to go back one page on the forum and look at who actually started the name calling: he did.

Number 7: Everyone Who Doesn’t Agree With Them Are Liars.

Hellstromm said:
Anyway, Justin Michael isn't even bothering to cites his sources. He's citing Scott Huse, who erroneously made those and many other comments in his books. Fact is, Scott Huse lied.

Number 8: If You Can’t Argue the Facts, Just Accuse Your Opponent of Having a “Hissy Fit.”

Here is how Violette LeDrunc attacks Virginia:
Violette LeDrunc said:
I seem to recall someone having a hissy fit or two not long ago so perhaps when you recommend "proper manners and courtesy" you should be a tad less self-righteous about it.

But yet it is Violette who called Virginia “catty” and “b[beep]y” (along with several other derogatory words) in the Abortion thread. Mind you Virginia hadn’t said a single word to her before Violette decided to have her little “hissy fit.”

Elmyr said:
In Virginia's defense, I don't agree with her positions, but she only has anything resembling a tantrum when she's goaded repeatedly.

Number 9: They Want to Get Rid of the “Fundies.”

Of course, there is oisinallen’s thread which is completely devoted to getting up permanently banned:
oisinallen said:
I have decided that there are too many fundies around here, so I think it is time to remove them.

Then there are others who have decided to completely ignore us:
Geheim05 said:
Justin, just so you now, your on my ignore list now.

Elmyr is the only respectable one:
Elmyr said:
What fun is that? As strongly as he disagrees with some of us, I don't think he'd put any of us on ignore.

Number 10: Murder
Apparently innocent babies can be killed, but guilty criminals cannot be put to death. That make perfect sense, doesn’t it?

DeletedUser

I guess they don't teach context or encourage logical thinking in fundamentalist bible-school.

Kudos for quoting some good comedy though ;)

DeletedUser

Thanks JM I knew you could do it. Whilst I disagree with you at a fairly fundamental level (geddit?) your riposte is quite delicious. Worthy of a guffaw...MORE!

NB Might have been useful to keep it in the same thread - but I understand why you may wish to rename the topic...

DeletedUser

I am extremely offended that I was left off the list (though I consider myself neither Liberal nor intolerant) I also was half expecting a thread discussing "politically correct" speech. Colour me disappointed

DeletedUser

Nashy, I think that JM often gets his knick knocks in a twist, is precisely for the reason you state...

DeletedUser

JM,

I cannot see though how a creationist can reconcile creation with any sort of epistemological system, for believing in creation effectively shuns the possibility of any scientific knowledge ever being true.

discuss.

DeletedUser8950

JM, please shut up. You're making us creationists look live raving morons who make threads like this to insult people. Most of us don't get very angry and aren't hypocrites.
I don't have a problem with you, but please, think before you post.;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia
Mmm, Justin, no. Don't lower yourself to their insults. Although they show no respect for us or our religion, we should continue to show respect to them and their beliefs. It's called proper manners and courtesy, which they apparently haven't learned. Ignore it.

Why don't you think about that before you make threads like this? If you do believe that about them, how is making this thread any better?

The only slightly valid point was with Virginia in the abortion thread getting insulted. But meh.
I did laugh at a few of the quotes, even if they were mean

DeletedUser

NUMBER 5: "RETALIATION"
And you can bet that the fundies will now create their own thread (or maybe post in this thread) something about rational people.

Please, do yourself a favour and ignore such a thread.
---
Now that we have that out of the way, please find one of my posts which you quoted which was not a joke!

At least some fundies have the decency to have a sense of humour!
---
I won't try to delve into the rest of your post, because my brain doesn't deserve such harsh treatment.

Maybe you should try reading it.

DeletedUser

Yes, I'm racist, but only against the Irish and Canadians! Oh yeah, and the Swiss! Their cheese reminds me too much of creationism and Nadal > Federer!

DeletedUser

If it makes you feel any better, he all make you look like mindless idiots by his crazy ramblongs.

Better? :)

DeletedUser

I accept Darknoon-esque creationism, because I genuinely don't care as long as you don't try to force it on science.

DeletedUser8950

If it makes you feel any better, he all make you look like mindless idiots by his crazy ramblongs.

Better? :)
Yes.
I'm not a mindless idiot...just a slight bit of a moron sometimes
And yeah oinsallen I hate it when people try imposing there beliefs on others.
I don't mind people trying to persuade others to change their views. But when you call them a "poopyhead":)p) because they don't agree I get annoyed. Whether it's "evolutionists"(I dont think that's a word) or creationists